woods and water

skyhunter

thanks all; these pics were all taken with " homebrew" trailcams built from kits that use mostly older model Sony digicams. the pictures are normally much better quality than what you would normally get from commercially built trail cameras. While I have been at this hobby kind of passionately for a few years now, anyone can get their hands on these homebrew builds and then put in some time, find some sets, and get some great pictures.

As far as AR's go here in Orange, I'm not aware of any but I'll have to check again for the 2011 season as these can change from year to year.

the 2 bigger bucks in this woodlot were not present in the multi buck picture. In fact haven't gotten the bigger boy in quite a while. While this spot in Middletown, NY (Orange county) is not known for many bucks getting to the 130 class, this one had some promise, but has not been seen for a while. Lets hope it's the summer doledrums and that he might be more active come fall.`

this pic was taken with a Sony P41 homebrew trailcam (4.1 megapixel ) :

resizeDSC03891.jpg

Go on Archertalk.com and look for a guy with the user name "12ringer"; I bleieve he is the buisness of building and selling.

he can normally be found in the bowhunting sub forum game camera section.

also "buckshot164" is very involved with the homebrew builds.

Thanks I researched it a bit and come up with pricing for all the parts and the time invovled to be higher than I care to spend.  One sight even said about 200 bucks total for a 35 mm film model and 200 to 300 for a digital homebrew and that was just getting the parts and building it yourself.  Quality looks darn good though which would be a good reason I guess.