Packing Heat; IWB OWB Choices?

I like an iwb my desantis soft tuck is very comfortable at the 2 o’clock position. I very rarely tuck in my shirts,but it’s no big deal if I have too. When I’m out walking my property I use an owb kydex with my full size gun.
a4baa378f622eb4cdabb2a89b58d454b.jpg80a643ef4c34f0dee48d3a72f84edd56.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Untill recently never much of an IWB, guy didn’t have room to spare lol.

I love this holster ( holster HQ ) pretty much daily carry, concealment is great , allows full grip before drawing, adjustable tension , and easy easy reholstering with a audible click, comfortable too .

0A1D9E80-15C4-400B-A459-76E7927E25A8.jpeg

F83C8316-22B5-4FA6-96AC-81882D1A62B5.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

I only carry IWB, due to my style of clothing, etc....I also only have 2 holsters.  One is a TT Gunleather canted leather dual leather loop snap holster.  I wear it at 4-5 o’clock, and its pretty comfortable.  

My other holster is an Alpha Concealment brand appendix IWB holster, with a spare mag holder.  It is kydex, with plastic belt hangers.  It has adjustable retention, and adjustable ride height.  It is something to get used too, I wear it when I have certain shirts on, for events I attend like a party, or where you sit down.  The leather holster sometimes allows the stock to petrude when sitting down.  I don’t really care too much about printing to a certain extent, but if I am at a wake, or something, I rather be completely hidden.  

Springfield Armory XD Mod.2 .45 3.3” barrel 

4C618C5E-30E8-4564-A0B0-D1A04FE3857A.jpeg

6DC4ABBA-7D24-4410-AFAC-DFAC204B7058.jpeg

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

I only carry IWB, due to my style of clothing, etc....I also only have 2 holsters.  One is a TR Gunleather canted leather dual leather loop snap holster.  I wear it at 4-5 o’clock, and its pretty comfortable.  

My other holster is an Alpha Concealment brand appendix IWB holster, with a spare mag holder.  It is kydex, with plastic belt hangers.  It has adjustable retention, and adjustable ride height.  It is something to get used too, I wear it when I have certain shirts on, for events I attend like a party, or where you sit down.  The leather holster sometimes allows the stock to petrude when sitting down.  I don’t really care too much about printing to a certain extent, but if I am at a wake, or something, I rather be completely hidden.  

Springfield Armory XD Mod.2 .45 3.3” barrel 

4C618C5E-30E8-4564-A0B0-D1A04FE3857A.jpeg

6DC4ABBA-7D24-4410-AFAC-DFAC204B7058.jpeg

Is that a TR or TT Holster?  TT is pretty well known...........(and I have one on order)

1 minute ago, Lawdwaz said:

Is that a TR or TT Holster?  TT is pretty well known...........(and I have one on order)

Lol TT Gunleather, not TR...typed too fast, and never saw the typo.  I was like what are youuu talking about haha.

• Like 1

G27 with a Comp-Tac IWB Hybrid @ 2°Clock.
Adjustable depth with those "J" clips.
Great setup for under $100 and very comfortable.
20190331_192503.thumb.jpg.77389d28369e51c5056135c58d7114c3.jpg

Really considering this style for my next holster. My kydex IWB gets a little uncomfortable after 6-8 hours of continuous wear.

6 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Really considering this style for my next holster. My kydex IWB gets a little uncomfortable after 6-8 hours of continuous wear.

You'll love it.

This has been my EDC setup for over 6 years'.

Edited by XGX7PM

I don't have a specific holster maker recommendation. OWB limits your apparel choices for concealment, but generally more comfortable. IWB can conceal even full size, but not as comfortable as OWB. I like minimalist leather belt slide holsters for OWB. The bottom holster is for a full size pistol.9bc722b3253149730db98ccd81474063.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cdbing said:

I don't have a specific holster maker recommendation. OWB limits your apparel choices for concealment, but generally more comfortable. IWB can conceal even full size, but not as comfortable as OWB. I like minimalist leather belt slide holsters for OWB. The bottom holster is for a full size pistol.9bc722b3253149730db98ccd81474063.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

The bottom holster is like a thong on a big girl........"it works". :)

What's the top one for, a Chief's Special J frame?

• Like 1

i carry based on the season. colder weather is my glock23 IWB and summer is usually lcp pocket. I carry the IWB at what I suppose would be 4:00 if my johnson is 12:00. its the most comfortable and accessible with the least amount of printing i think. Only issue is that I have to take it out when driving and I'm not a huge fan of having to expose the gun more than I need to. I use a galco kingtuk for the IWB and a desantis superfly for the pocket.

I also have a belt clip locking blackhawk serpa for the glock and 1911 if i'm out in the woods and not worried about cc. Really like these holsters, they're durable and the locking feature is great.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 9:05 AM, Belo said:

i carry based on the season. colder weather is my glock23 IWB and summer is usually lcp pocket. I carry the IWB at what I suppose would be 4:00 if my johnson is 12:00. its the most comfortable and accessible with the least amount of printing i think. Only issue is that I have to take it out when driving and I'm not a huge fan of having to expose the gun more than I need to. I use a galco kingtuk for the IWB and a desantis superfly for the pocket.

I also have a belt clip locking blackhawk serpa for the glock and 1911 if i'm out in the woods and not worried about cc. Really like these holsters, they're durable and the locking feature is great.

Thanks...