Kayak or SUP?

Jdubs

Rented some kayaks with a friend of mine yesterday and we had a blast paddling around Saratoga Lake.  So now I'm thinking about getting one (or two).  However, there were also a LOT of women in bikinis on SUP's (stand up paddleboards)!  For those in the know, which is the best way to go?  

Kayak is a lot more versatile. Never seen anyone fishing or duck hunting from an SUP.

I love my kayak. The real question is to get a sit-in, or a sit-on. I like sit-in.

0317191351d.jpg

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im a sit on top kayak owner. The decision was based on being able to launch it in the Big O in January with 4 footers crashing, to retrieve ducks. The sit inside filled up with water immediately. I think you could even stand up and paddle mine if one wanted to

I wouldnt take a kayak in lake O in January with 4 foot waves to retrieve MONEY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only  thing good about a paddle board is it takes  up less space and is easier to carry move around  .

Besides that a kayak is better in every other way. 

Look  for a design that has good secondary stability. 

The hull  shapes    that have 3 hull design work best center  hull should be deeper then the side hulls  . Shape like in the picture works best .

MemoDraw_JPEG_20190722_170121_001_1563829500899.png