Stopped by Elite today

moog5050

Did Jerky really turn down $20mm for a jerky recipe?  I am only gathering this form the constant ribbing.  If so, YIKES!
Krave was just starting out at that point. This is 2010 and they weren't worth anywhere near that back then. They had like 3 shitty flavors and their product was not at all meat like in texture more gummy and wet than anything else (disgusting). Then Hershey's purchased them in 2015 for between 200-300 million dollars which on the conservative end I would had I made any deals potentially stood to make 20mm+ as I would never accept any less than 10% of Krave had I made any sort of deal. Thereby in the end had I made a deal I would have made 20mm+ after they sold to Hershey's. Hindsight is 20/20. You live and you learn

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Krave was just starting out at that point. This is 2010 and they weren't worth anywhere near that back then. They had like 3 shitty flavors and their product was not at all meat like in texture more gummy and wet than anything else (disgusting). Then Hershey's purchased them in 2015 for between 200-300 million dollars which on the conservative end I would had I made any deals potentially stood to make 20mm+ as I would never accept any less than 10% of Krave had I made any sort of deal. Thereby in the end had I made a deal I would have made 20mm+ after they sold to Hershey's. Hindsight is 20/20. You live and you learn

what was the offer you turned down though? How much $ for what %?

what was the offer you turned down though? How much $ for what %?
He reached out to me through the radio show on SiriusXM and then I just blew his shit off. Who knows it may have been even more. The way I saw it was he has 3 flavors mine would make 4. That would really be 25% but I decided at the time I wouldn't take anything less than 10% of the company and at the end of the day I just decided never to bother dealing with the guy. He was extremely interested but maybe due to immaturity, disdain for him and the product, or just stubbornness and possibly a bit of foolishness on my part I never bothered to deal with him any further. And now things are not nearly as comfortable as they could have been, but in the end I never would have met my fiance and future wife which would have been a real damper on my life, so in the end it all seems to work out somehow. Albeit with significantly less money in my bank account.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

He reached out to me through the radio show on SiriusXM and then I just blew his shit off. Who knows it may have been even more. The way I saw it was he has 3 flavors mine would make 4. That would really be 25% but I decided at the time I wouldn't take anything less than 10% of the company and at the end of the day I just decided never to bother dealing with the guy. He was extremely interested but maybe due to immaturity, disdain for him and the product, or just stubbornness and possibly a bit of foolishness on my part I never bothered to deal with him any further. And now things are not nearly as comfortable as they could have been, but in the end I never would have met my fiance and future wife which would have been a real damper on my life, so in the end it all seems to work out somehow. Albeit with significantly less money in my bank account.

But you have to think that you would have parlayed that $20M into marrying a Kardashian, overdosing on drugs, got caught baiting with Sweet Feed in 3S, and then cutting off your wanker to shock the world and win HNY Forum's Woman of the Year in a tight race over Cynthia and Paula. no?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But you have to think that you would have parlayed that $20M into marrying a Kardashian, overdosing on drugs, got caught baiting with Sweet Feed in 3S, and then cutting off your wanker to shock the world and win HNY Forum's Woman of the Year in a tight race over Cynthia and Paula. no?

Dammit I was just typing this very same narrative

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I am guessing he hasn't even considered that.

• Like 1

I am guessing he hasn't even considered that.
Nah they're skanks. And I'd hunt the whole world not just 3s so not to worry about that. Better off the way things worked out. Life would possibly become easier with that money but doesn't mean I'd be marrying my best friend and the one that makes me happiest in life like I plan to do in June. I've still got my secret recipe and I'm only 30 so there is still a long way to go left in this story. Who knows maybe I'll overtake that valuation on my own. Never know!

• Like 3