Live from the stand 2011

WNYBuckHunter

Ill be the first to say it..ive seen both sides of the spectrum on those rage THINGS..and no offense to those who use them..thats yer choice..in my opinion you will never sell me on any mechanical broadhead..i dont wanna be the guy sittin in that chair right now with any shadow of doubt of equipment failure leading to the loss of a deer..im noticing..could be just me..most wounds you see from rage ribcage shots are vertical in shape..not horizontal..how can you control that..do those huge blades fit thru the gap in the ribs?..i use muzzy 3blades..theyve always done the job for me..even my first deer was a hind quarter shot..but the .70th of a second its touched its mark..it has done its job..hope the dogs find it for ya..i wish mythbsters would do a show on this..

I got a call into dog search. Going back to look at 11 AM. Chances are slim at best, but it is my responsibilty to do what I can.

Good job keeping with it, you may have a situation where having the arrow stay in helps you. It may wiggle around enough to cut something better and end it. Watch how he was moving based on the tracks, is he punching hard or does it look like business as usual, are his steps close together, did he avoid hills, did he zig zag towards the end where you stopped, that could mean one of two things if he did. Either looking to bed down or went back to scent checking for doe's. It may just be that the arrow was forward and high which wouldn't kill him, tough to say on a longer shot.

Did he go back in the general direction he came from? If so try to find runs that he was on and walk them out, all of them, you might find him crumpled up some where.

One last thing, Good luck!

I got a call into dog search. Going back to look at 11 AM. Chances are slim at best, but it is my responsibilty to do what I can.

Read my thread about my Nephew and the deer they found with the dogs. I think you may find him, good luck.

saw a monster at about 545, had to let it go. perfect shot too...... grunted him in to 50 yards, cross hairs on the kill zone, but i was afraid of bullet going thru ricocheting off rocks and going thru a house tht was 600 yards from me. probably woulda been fine, but im always thinking of what ifs. ill see him tomorrow night.

Beat a large mature buck to his bed this morning by 5 min. He passed thru a lane at 15 yds. He bedded 60 yd nw of me. Tried a tending grunt/can series w/no luck. I cant see him but i know hes there since hes in a corner of a lot and i can see both sides oc the area he bedded.