Corona Virus Thread

Must be southern Westchester

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

All of it total. But we crushing the virus. Last I checked only 25 deaths and 10,000 cases.

Unfortunately, my friend’s dad’s friend is 1 of the 25 (from Somers). They mandated cremation even though family wanted burial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sad 1

All of it total. But we crushing the virus. Last I checked only 25 deaths and 10,000 cases.

Unfortunately, my friend’s dad’s friend is 1 of the 25 (from Somers). They mandated cremation even though family wanted burial.

Preexisting conditions? That really blows either way

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, left field said:

I just got back from groceries as well. Here, no paper, Clorox or pasta. Plenty of Hawaiian pizza. 

First time in public in 12 days. It was like we all had invisible bumpers on and as we contorted our way down the aisles. Half the people in masks.  

I really was at a loss as to the safest protocol in buying, bagging and disinfecting. My cloth bags or their plastic ones? Disinfect the car after loading? How best to disinfect the food? I wiped everything down, showered, changed and now the food is sitting on the back porch for a few hours. 

I may be losing my mind. 

most surfaces, the virus dies within hours. worst case, in perfect conditions on a very flat surface, mostly metals and plastics you have 72 hours.

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s very interesting, it really shows the socio economic impact on this virus. And how those with means will probably fair Better

yup. will be interesting to compare counties in NY like i mentioned the other day based on healthiest vs. unhealthies.

2 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Ok so I got the mail and brought it in. On the way to wash my hands I realize I am rubbing my eye. Great. So I wash my hands and literally wash my eyeball. Yes with soap. Now I can’t see. It burns too much to open. My wife says I’m an idiot.

bhahaha. she's not wrong.

wives are never wrong of course

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Chef said:

It’s very interesting, it really shows the socio economic impact on this virus. And how those with means will probably fair Better

Not so much means I think but education.  In NYC where you can change neighborhoods and social class simply by walking across the street, I have gone to the supermarket in my neighborhood and people are consciously adhering to the social distance rules.  People will move aside to let others pass, etc.  I went to the target in the next neighborhood over to check for items my local supermarket didn't have and people are walking around without a care in the world.  I would stop in an aisle to wait for the person in front of me and they won't move.  Waiting in line, people are standing less than 6 feet from me, etc.

30 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Ok so I got the mail and brought it in. On the way to wash my hands I realize I am rubbing my eye. Great. So I wash my hands and literally wash my eyeball. Yes with soap. Now I can’t see. It burns too much to open. My wife says I’m an idiot.

27 minutes ago, Belo said:

bhahaha. she's not wrong.

wives are never wrong of course

Sorry @squirrelwhisperer but I agree with her and Belo!!!!! Lol 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Ok so we can all agree....

1. I don’t need Google, my wife knows everything

2. I’m an idiot and chose to share that fact, which proves that fact

3. DON’T wash your eyeballs

there was that one time i looked at a pretty lady and my wife made me wash my eyeballs. 

what does that mean?

• Like 1

In a perfect world, everyone would get tested for antibodies. Then say for example I already had it months ago, i can go back to work. Then as people recover they can start going back to work, etc. so only the sick stay home Or people who didn't get it yet. Problem is these testing sites are empty. People don't want to get tested

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Belo said:

there was that one time i looked at a pretty lady and my wife made me wash my eyeballs. 

what does that mean?

I was caught looking a few time but explained " I was looking at hers but thinking of yours and how good I've Got it "   ... she didn't buy it !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1