I just remembered! I have to wash all my hunting gear this weekend.

burmjohn

I just remembered! I have to wash all my hunting gear this weekend. I always wait till a week before the season starts, its part of my ritual. Usually do two big loads, wash everything, then spray it down with a earth scented scent and put it into my bins to bring up to the property.

It's the only time of year I actually look forward to doing laundry :)

I do the exact same thing as you John. I like to use Dead Down Wind products when it comes to scent control. Wash, Dry with unscented dryer sheets, Spray and then store in air tight totes. Seems to work pretty well. I also use earth scent spray but I was thinking about just using the Evolve 3 DDW unscented spray this year. I have earth,pine, and acorn scent wafers from Hunters Specialties that I like to use in the woods. I'm a sucker for all the scent products I guess.

I washed my clothes at the end of last year and hung it in the closet. I will be taking it off the hanger and be marching into the woods without doing anything else to it. I then hang my jacket in the garage for the rest of the season and wash it when the season is over. It hangs there absorbing the car exhaust and all.LOL Last few years I've still had deer come closer and closer to me. Could have practically clonked a few over the head actually, so to me at least all this spraying and stuff they sell is way overhyped and unnecessary.

Well, the funny part is that snake oil salesmen are pretty much a thing of the past, except in the hunting world that is. I don't know of any other pastime where so many potions are sold. Be it a doe or buck in heat potion. Deer urine. Sprays to cover yourself with. Vitamins for hunters. There seems to be an elixir for just about everything in hunting and the manufacturers of these products are laughing all the way to the bank! LOL

I do the exact same thing as you John. I like to use Dead Down Wind products when it comes to scent control. Wash, Dry with unscented dryer sheets, Spray and then store in air tight totes. Seems to work pretty well. I also use earth scent spray but I was thinking about just using the Evolve 3 DDW unscented spray this year. I have earth,pine, and acorn scent wafers from Hunters Specialties that I like to use in the woods. I'm a sucker for all the scent products I guess.

I just use the DDW system (clothes wash, drier sheets, scent control spray, hair/body wash, deodorant) and it has always worked good for me. Last year I bought the HSScents earth scent wafers and got picked off by the first buck that got downwind of me. I dont know if it was coincidence, but I wont be using those wafers any more.

I washed my clothes at the end of last year and hung it in the closet. I will be taking it off the hanger and be marching into the woods without doing anything else to it. I then hang my jacket in the garage for the rest of the season and wash it when the season is over. It hangs there absorbing the car exhaust and all.LOL Last few years I've still had deer come closer and closer to me. Could have practically clonked a few over the head actually, so to me at least all this spraying and stuff they sell is way overhyped and unnecessary.

If you stay down wind you could take a dump in your camo and the deer wont smell you. I just don't have good luck with keeping the wind in my face, if I get in a stand with the wind in my face ten minutes later it will be blowing the other direction. I get almost religious about no scent while bow hunting. I wash my hunting cloths and hang them outside for 2 days to dry and de scent. and I wash them after every use( depending on how sweaty i get ) and hang them out again.

I shower with the green soap ( cheap and seems to work as good as the more expensive stuff ) and use a liberal amount of scentless deoderant. I get out of the shower into clean and scentfree sweats and sandels. I sit on plastic bags in the car and when I get to my hunting spot I take off the sweats and wipe myself and my equipment down with scentfree wipes ( which some mornings takes a bit of building up the courage to do :D ) I then spray the outside of my clothes and boots with scentaway and apply a few sprays of fox P ( or buck P depending on what day it is ) to my boots for extra measure. It's a royal pain in the butt, but I have had deer so close to me on the ground before, with my wind in there face, I could have taken a few steps and reached out and stabbed them with the arrow. It is a bit extreme for some people but it allows me to hunt and not go checking to wind every 10 seconds to see where its blowing. Does it work all the time? No, sometime I get busted but Im not sure if its my scent or they just picked me off. With gun I'm not so picky, as long as I don't smell like a dirty billy goat Im fine and I try to keep the wind in my face alot more. I havent found anything that covers up black powder and gun oil smells yet. I'm suprised scentlock hasn't come up with a scentlock gun cover yet. ;)

If you stay down wind you could take a dump in your camo and the deer wont smell you. I just don't have good luck with keeping the wind in my face, if I get in a stand with the wind in my face ten minutes later it will be blowing the other direction.

The deer just dont seem to always read the script on what trail they should come in on lol

BTW, I thought I saw some scent free gun oil somewhere....here ya go.

http://www.outers-guncare.com/products/chemicals/lubricants.aspx