New Member from Broadalbin, NY needs input on new invention !!!

djdaigler

My name is Dave Daigler and I live in Broadalbin, NY (Fulton County). I recently invented and patented a truly new archery accessory that I am showing for the first time at the 2012 ATA Trade Show in Columbus Ohio in January. I have hired Greg Abbas from A-Way hunting as an invention consultant and he has done a great job of getting me this far. What I need at this point is input from as many experienced bowhunters as possible. If you could spare 1 minute, please visit my web site, view the video of the invention and take the 1 minute survey. You don't need to provide your name if you don't want to and you will not receive ANY follow up information regarding this invention unless you ask for it. Thanks for checking it out.

Dave

www.doublebarrelarrowloader.com

Edited by djdaigler

I checked it out... I have a hard time really trying to figure out the purpose of it. By the time that arrow hits the deer / animal either the deer is hit or missed its long on its way before you'd have a chance at a second shot even if it takes only a second or two to reload up the arrow.

And also the web guy / marketing guy in me says that video needs to be re-done shot in High Def and kill the music (or change it).

John, Thanks for taking the time to check out the product and provide feedback. Market research shows that over 90% of all bowhunters already prepare for a second shot by locating a second arrow in a handy spot. These hunter are getting second shots about 20% of the time when they miss with the first shot which is about 40% of the time. These hunters feel they could get second shots more often if it took less time and motion to reload. My product reduces time and motion by 50%. It is true that very often the game is out of sight in seconds if you miss with the first shot. For those times when it doesn't happen that way, my product helps you to convert opportunities into success. From a purely mathematical perspective, my product should increase the average hunter's success rate from 60% to 76% when they are presented with a shot. I am not aware of any other archery accessory that can do that.

Dave

I checked it out as well. I'm curious to know how much weight does it add to your bow? It also looks as if it would only work with either drop away rests and not full containment rests i.e. whisker biscuit. Lastly, the video needs to be redone with closer footage of showing how it would mount to your bow and how you would move the second arrow from the holder into proper position to shoot it.

Edited by jmasiakos

There were no closeups yet because the video was taken of the prototype in action. I did not want to show the prototype up close because although it was functional, it was not eye appealing. The final redesign will be complete today and I will post design pictures of the product. Not only did the redesign make the product more appealing, it also made it more adjustable and provides for a quick disconnect feature so you can remove it from the bow when not in use.

:nea: Not something I would purchase. Although if it's out there somebody will buy it.

Not finding fault, but it seems like there's so many products hitting the market that are just 'must haves' for us archery hunters.

BTW isn't archery suppose to be a primitive-type hunting experience, and meant to be challenging? What's next... a gattling-gun crossbow?

The second arrow is firmly held in place with 2 rubber claws. The arrow is moved from the claws to the rest by using your fingers on the hand that is holding the bow and by grabbing the NOC with your release hand. Interesting question about the lighted nocs. I will test that tonight.

To Muzzy, Check out Utube as there is a Gatling gun crossbow!!!

It takes half the time and movement to load an arrow from this device as compared to taking an arrow out of a bow mounted quiver. I agree that If you don't have confidence then you should not be standing on a two foot square platform 20 feet up in the air and trying to kill a 200 pound animal with a 1/4 inch wide shaft. However, bowhunters with over 20 years experience have told me that they miss with their first shot 37% of the time regardless of their confidence level. No matter how prepared we are, sometimes shoot happens. This product is there to help when the shot hits the fan ;)

Edited by djdaigler

how much did the patent cost?

The patent work only cost me about $2,500 including the drawings. That is because I did all the work myself without a lawyer. It would be ten times that amount if you used a lawyer. You can buy a patent workbook for about $50 at the bookstore that has all the filing forms and guides you through the process step by step.

how does the second arrow get in contact with the rest if there is nothing that moves?

Have you shot the rig with lighted knocks like the fire nocks that have inertia switches? Does the first shot light the second arrow?

I tested the device with brand new Lumenoks on my 65 lb Mathrews SQ2 and neither of the the nocs lit up until they left the bow. There seems to be a lot of concern about vibration and noise but I don't experience any at all. I plan to send the device to Sims Vibration Labs to determine if there is any subtle vibration and develop a SVL remedy if necessary.

My suggestion would be to market the product outside of NY first.. in my experience doing business with NY hunters ..NY hunters are not very receptive to new items and not a good market when it comes to new hunting related items... and it has gotten worse in the last decade. I think its a good idea and can remember a few times in the past when I shot a compound when I had a 2nd shot and couldn't get an arrow nocked in time.

• Like 1