lesser of two evils? need opinions please.

NYbuck50

So bow season opens Saturday. I generallt throw out a few areas everyday after work to stay sharp in the backyard.. This evening, when going out to shoot, my arrows were hitting 6 inches left of bullseye. I'm no Fred Bear, but I generally put 4 of 4 in a bullseye and call it a night. After another 4 of a tight grouping left of center, I realized it wasn't a form issue, but my sight had gotten bumped somehow. Simple enough, I loosened the hex bolt,adjusted the left/right. Half tightened it and shot 4 arrows, all in bullseye. Problem is, while tightening the hex back in snug, I realized its stripped clean.. As it was at least somewhat tight, I've locktited it and its fairly solid now, and its shooting accurate.

Here's my question.. 3 days before season, trust the locktite, or try to buy a new sight and try to get it dialed in a rush.. I'm going nuts worrying, any input would be appreciated.

Jay

Get a slightly larger bolt and retap the threads to fit that bolt. Done it myself. Hell one year I got a new sight and they somehow managed to not tap a single thread. Called the manufacturer and they told me a new one was on the way and just throw out the old one. Yeah right throw out a perfectly good sight.

Same thing has happened to me. If you are around bass pro gander mtn. or maybe even a dick's they can probably just get you new screw for that pin. And they probably will have the pin pretty much in the same spot if there carefull so you will only have to do a minor tweek to it just to make sure its back on target.

id get a new one, i dialed my brandnew MR5 in at 20 yards with less then 20 arrows... going to fine tune it an shoot out to 30 tonight. you can sight a bow relatively quick. but a crap shot on a deer due to your sight you will kick yourself in the ass,,,

My girlfriends sight stripped out as well, what I did was put a nut on the end luckily the hex bolt was long enough to accept a nut.

Its a shame the sights are made of aluminum with such tight thread patterns especially since they are always being adjusted. Aluminum just doesn't hold up. I understand its about weight but I don't see the need for such tight thread patterns.

NYBUCK50 I see your in syracuse. If your interested send me a pm and you can bring the site over to my shop in Mattydale and I will drill and tap new threads in the sight for nothing and you can use it for a backup or sell the darn thing for all I care. Drop it off and pick it up if Im not in.