what is up with....

growalot

This stinking weather...thunder storm when I woke this morning...... high winds all day...... then house rattling winds and rain this afternoon/evening and right now a doosy thunderstorm....more of same tomorrow....this is the least amount of hunting time opening week I've ever had...and me with a new bow...doesn't that just figure!

This stinking weather...thunder storm when I woke this morning...... high winds all day...... then house rattling winds and rain this afternoon/evening and right now a doosy thunderstorm....more of same tomorrow....this is the least amount of hunting time opening week I've ever had...and me with a new bow...doesn't that just figure!

What it means is nice weather this weekend! Be in the tree Saturday morning, afternoon, and evening. Deer will be moving. It's been a lousy week with warm temperatures. Deer will be up and around feeding and stretching the old legs!!

We had one heck of a rain late last night . The sun is out now for a while . I'll be in south Bristol Saturday am with 2 of my sons hopefully . The forecast looks pretty good but can change . I don't mind a light rain but to sit in wet clothes all day sucks big time !

It is a conspiracy against you. Everyone else has had great weather all week. B) We have to make the best of what we have I guess.

Edited by bubba

1. I was in my stand this weekend, but deer do NOT move when it is windy. Rain doesn't bother me. Snow doesn't bother me. Cold doesnt' bother me. Wind SUCKS. Deer hunting sucks in the wind. I hunted Saturday, Sunday and Monday and didn't see a single deer (not even doe which are abundant where I hunt). Good thing there is a month of hunting!

1. I was in my stand this weekend, but deer do NOT move when it is windy. Rain doesn't bother me. Snow doesn't bother me. Cold doesnt' bother me. Wind SUCKS. Deer hunting sucks in the wind. I hunted Saturday, Sunday and Monday and didn't see a single deer (not even doe which are abundant where I hunt). Good thing there is a month of hunting!

I shot a deer that was moving Saturday morning at 8AM. So the whole deer dopnt move in the wind, I find that theory kind of over used.

I was planning on going out this morning but when I checked the weather and say rain all day in East Otto I went back to bed. Even if the deer do move, I don't want to wound an animal and have the blood trail washed away by the rain.

I filled a tag tuesday and it's a month long season, no need to panic just yet.

The weather is driving me nuts this year. Im not panicking about the season, but Ive had enough with all the rain. It hasnt been a large amount, just seems like it rains every day lately. Plenty of season left though.

What?! haha - opening weekend where I am so record amounts of rain and wind. It was downright miserable. Between Saturday and Sunday we got almost an inch of rain.

What?! haha - opening weekend where I am so record amounts of rain and wind. It was downright miserable. Between Saturday and Sunday we got almost an inch of rain.

I mean overall. In my area we are probably at or around our normal average. I agree that last weekend sucked though. Wish we would have gotten that weather a few days before we did. B)

A majority of deer don't. You got lucky, catching one going between a food source and it's bedding area.

ok so one going between a food plot and a bedding area is moving. um it went and fed so it was moving. They dont move in the wind to the majority dont to I got lucky. NO I was not afraid to go out in the wind. The deer mioved at my camp as much this weekend as they ever do. I shot one but saw others moving all weekend. Sounds more to me like it was easier to stay in bed and blame the weather.

Edited by bubba

No conspiracy thoughts here ..thank you ......but I see I'm not the only one tired of all the rain coupled with wind..but thunder storms please!!....any ways..... I use the first week to stand hop..there's so many and it gives me an idea of movement....went out at 8:45 to a ridge stand and kicked out ..don't know..could be one of these pictured...all I saw was the tip of one flag....just got in and I saw nothing but munks the rest of time....not sure which stand I'll hit next but so far I've had sightings every time out and a few in range ...just not size.....yes just the first week...but hoping all this breaks soon...Mr B just got a commercial dehydrator for Cabelas and is putting the pressure on for a doe for jerky...and a turkey now...and for what the ty cost him...I better make them big deer and turkey...lol...his toy my work....hhmmmm :huh:;)

ok so one going between a food plot and a bedding area is moving. um it went and fed so it was moving. They dont move in the wind to the majority dont to I got lucky. NO I was not afraid to go out in the wind. The deer mioved at my camp as much this weekend as they ever do. I shot one but saw others moving all weekend. Sounds more to me like it was easier to stay in bed and blame the weather.

Very true. Need to find the right spots.

Deer have to feed multiple times a day - they are FORCED to move. Sometimes it's not far, but many times it's enough to get in between them. Mornings weren't great for me, but in three afternoon hunts - all in some windy and rainy weather - I've seen 9-15-8 deer...that's more than 30 deer.

I saw about 10 deer today in Sullivan county and it was windy as hell! Only does and button bucks but deer, also this morning was windy and pouring and the second the sun rose I had 3 deer at 20 yards. The only thing I did notice as my own observation was real windy rainy days the gather in open fields longer.