How does your garden grow

crappyice

We didn’t count anything but our single cucumber plant was killer this year we had so many growing one after another we gave a lot away as well I pulled the last few off today and pulled the plant out because it’s done. The basil did great as usual. My wife made a ton of pesto and I used fresh basil for a few dinners as well. We did only ok on the green peppers and the tomato plants while they had a lot on them didn’t produce to much. I think the hot weather really held them back. We still have a good amount of green tomatoes on the plant but they just won’t ripen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Moho81 said:

We didn’t count anything but our single cucumber plant was killer this year we had so many growing one after another we gave a lot away as well I pulled the last few off today and pulled the plant out because it’s done. The basil did great as usual. My wife made a ton of pesto and I used fresh basil for a few dinners as well. We did only ok on the green peppers and the tomato plants while they had a lot on them didn’t produce to much. I think the hot weather really held them back. We still have a good amount of green tomatoes on the plant but they just won’t ripen.

I am in the same boat... basil galore and beefsteak toms that refuse to ripen

15 hours ago, Moho81 said:

4 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I am in the same boat... basil galore and beefsteak toms that refuse to ripen

Same with my jetstar tomatoes. At one point i had close to 100 green ones, not turned red. but the smaller grape tomatoes i harvested over 90 already

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Same with my jetstar tomatoes. At one point i had close to 100 green ones, not turned red. but the smaller grape tomatoes i harvested over 90 already

Years ago at the end of the growing season, My dad would pick all the green toms and put them in a cool dark place... He would put them in a cupbord drawer and they would eventually ripen

Just now, Arcade Hunter said:

Years ago at the end of the growing season, My dad would pick all the green toms and put them in a cool dark place... He would put them in a cupbord drawer and they would eventually ripen

Ive been telling him to put them in paper bags for a month!! Hes a silly, stubborn SOB!

Johnny seed company deserves a lot of credit for all this. They are making a first time gardener look good. The jalapenos are huge! Double the size of my other jalapenos from hudson valley seeds. 

I had at least 15 tomatoes split from to much water (I got to test my fastball chucking them into the woods) but still pulled a large bag full. I sure wish I had more red peppers coming because they taste great. The aniehiem and jalapenos are getting stuffed tonight, the red and orange peppers are going on kabobs with some tri tip tonight. My old man is staying at my house while he visits and is reaping the rewards of my hard work. 

Screenshot_20200824-173221_Photos.jpg

• Like 2

Stopped in after not seeing this thread for awhile. You folks are getting it done! There's some very impressive stuff here.

My second floor balcony container garden suddenly became my ex gf's one day and left the same morning she did. Unfortunately, no updates on that haha.

My small research grow is starting to pop. Some CBG and CBD plants. Averaging about 3.5' x 3.5' now. Some big some small its a weed after all :taunt:

And just a quick shout out and thanks to all the farmers out there that still do it everyday. 

20200826_154807.jpg

20200826_154859.jpg

• Like 3

I have picked at least 40 jalapenos and I have zero that even started to turn red. 

Jalapenos are awesome stuffed but if there small cut them in rings and pickle them. About 12 will fill a jar. I just used some to top off nachos, nothing better then pickled jalapenos for me.

• Like 1

I have picked at least 40 jalapenos and I have zero that even started to turn red. 
Jalapenos are awesome stuffed but if there small cut them in rings and pickle them. About 12 will fill a jar. I just used some to top off nachos, nothing better then pickled jalapenos for me.

I think I am going this route instead of waiting for them to turn.
I have really enjoyed the “stuffed with cream cheese +” grilled/baked peppers. May need to make some tomorrow stuffed with some venison salami

9 hours ago, crappyice said:

I think I am going this route instead of waiting for them to turn.
I have really enjoyed the “stuffed with cream cheese +” grilled/baked peppers. May need to make some tomorrow stuffed with some venison salami

They are awesome stuffed and smoked too.