Hunting Releases

Deleted Account

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I don’t know how you guys shoot a thumb release when it gets real cold. I shot one a couple years and never got comfortable shooting it in the cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clip on your D-loop and never have to touch till the time is right. When it’s that time you don’t think about cold 

• Like 3

Clip on your D-loop and never have to touch till the time is right. When it’s that time you don’t think about cold 

I understand it in concept, I tried it for a few years and just never felt comfortable drawing and anchoring with cold hands without the security of a wrist strap.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I understand it in concept, I tried it for a few years and just never felt comfortable drawing and anchoring with cold hands without the security of a wrist strap.

I guess its just one of those things you have to get used to. For me, this method is much preferred. 

Wrist strap versus handheld has pros and cons that each person will weigh differently. Ive used both of various quality for both hunting and competition. Traditionally handheld had better crisp breaking triggers with minimal travel which make it easier to shoot them well. Many that ive seen shoot an index trigger dont have it fit them especially the cheaper ones that require taking it apart brand new and sawing off a portion of the threaded rod/bolt. At the same time real cold/nasty weather, nongrippy gloves, and much higher potential for damage from dropping puts a highend handheld at a disadvantage. For hunting I believe the best option is to look into index trigger with buckle wrist strap releases with adjustable clean breaking triggers like from Carter and Stanislawski (new). Best of both worlds.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The first time you drop your release out of your tree stand you'll realize why wrist strap is better. :)  

And the first time I dropped my wrist strap out of my tree, I was glad I had my old thumb release in my back as a spare. :D

• 4 weeks later...