Coyote's

I hear ya,Now other than getting these guys out the back yard what do people do after they kill all these dogs just dump em.I have not yet killed one but i have a pack or to on my hit ist and im only killing them for a freinf of mine that is getting his farm torn up by these dogs,so ill just kill em and throw em in the woods to get them gone unless there is something better to do with them??

I hear ya,Now other than getting these guys out the back yard what do people do after they kill all these dogs just dump em.I have not yet killed one but i have a pack or to on my hit ist and im only killing them for a freinf of mine that is getting his farm torn up by these dogs,so ill just kill em and throw em in the woods to get them gone unless there is something better to do with them??

Some people just leave them where they lie. They have great fur, skin them and tan the hides. Make a hat out of one :)

You can also find someone to buy pelts off of you. Or sell them online.

They're called furbearers for a reason

Edited by SteveNY

• 1 month later...

Seen one yesterday afternoon at Big Buck MUA in East Fishkill. Would have shot the damned thing, but I was airgunning for squirrels. I actually had an orange jacket on, but the coyote couldn't have cared less. Here is a pic of one I shot with the muzzleloader, while wearing a bright orange jacket. He came within 10 yards of me.

post-1247-0-42856500-1323128080_thumb.jp

Edited by 13BVET

I wanted to get my trappers license this year but didn't have time to take the class. I will find time next year and start trapping yotes. I went out last night and got no response. Plan on going out thursday night when its colder. Good luck to all and be safe. Hope to see you all out there this year. Anybody up for a coyote drive?....

• Like 1

I wanted to get my trappers license this year but didn't have time to take the class. I will find time next year and start trapping yotes. I went out last night and got no response. Plan on going out thursday night when its colder. Good luck to all and be safe. Hope to see you all out there this year. Anybody up for a coyote drive?....

I'd love to join you, if you'd have me!

4o has a lot of coyotes but they are smart the area I hunt you cant call them in you get them by chance . Even some of the trappers have a hard time with them I have been lucky in the last 2 years i have taken 2 with my bow 6 with the 243 and 1 with the ol smoke pole

Hunting 5H I can say they are a force. See tracks all the time and the calling at night and in the am. I was thinking about going up to try to thin them out. They are just as hard as deer to hunt in my opinion. And yes they do a number on fawns, I have seen the results...

Hunting 5H I can say they are a force. See tracks all the time and the calling at night and in the am. I was thinking about going up to try to thin them out. They are just as hard as deer to hunt in my opinion. And yes they do a number on fawns, I have seen the results...

I'd say deer are easy to hunt compared to coyote.

I responded back in Oct to this thread that we usually have quite a few yokes around. I had to add though after hunting almost two straight months I have not seen one this year. I always see at least a couple during the season. I know there are some because I hear them at night and have some cam picks. Just unusual not to see one all season while deer hunting.

They are running around eastern Dutchess like crazy.My buddy has taken 7 off his farm so far.The most durring daytime.Every nite i can here them out back of the house.

Dom, where in eastern Dutchess are you? Does your buddy need a hand with yotes on that farm? Let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yea my only way to go is my best friend and he's been laid off for a month and dnt wanna go do any thing except eat and slo and watch Netflix so I haven't went this year

uh oh, hes getting in that rut, try and snap him out of it, show him some good yote hunting videos or something!