Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

Cancer is a horrible way to die too.  Yet the cancer death rate far exceeds COVID 19 with little attention paid to it by the masses.  People hardly concern themselves with it unless they get it.  

In 2020, an estimated 606,520 people will die of cancer in the United States. Lung and bronchus cancer is responsible for the most deaths with 135,720 people expected to die from this disease.

Nobody gets out of life alive.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, left field said:

When was it banned in NY? 

Rooting for it? No. I’m much older than you, more cynical and have a greater sense of my own mortality. 

As I recall you were advocating reopening by Easter. Where would the state be if we had? 

Local hospitals were forced to send their supply back after Cuomo restricted the dispensing rules. 99% of NY could have reopened on easter with no issue. Most big companies in NYC never closed anyway. It's why the economy is back where it is THANKFULLY.

No comment on the Houston nonsense you spewed?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

20,000 fans attended a nascar event in Tennessee socially distanced. Hopefully NFL does the same, so we can have the greatest GTG ever when Chiefs play at Buffalo Bills on Thursday Night, October 15th. 

• Like 1

20,000 fans attended a nascar event in Tennessee socially distanced. Hopefully NFL does the same, so we can have the greatest GTG ever when Chiefs play at Buffalo Bills on Thursday Night, October 15th. 
NFL is Garbage. Should just abolish it all together and when people are ready to bring back the NFL of yesteryear ie 20+ years ago then I'll watch again otherwise they can all go pound sand.

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

NFL is Garbage. Should just abolish it all together and when people are ready to bring back the NFL of yesteryear ie 20+ years ago then I'll watch again otherwise they can all go pound sand.

The NFL is amazing. Go Chiefs!

36 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Local hospitals were forced to send their supply back after Cuomo restricted the dispensing rules. 99% of NY could have reopened on easter with no issue. Most big companies in NYC never closed anyway. It's why the economy is back where it is THANKFULLY.

No comment on the Houston nonsense you spewed?

You said "banned" and now it's "restricted". Not exactly the same. What Cuomo did was limit it to stop hoarding that was going on in other states:

New York: Executive Order from Gov. Andrew Cuomo restricting dispensing: • Bans pharmacists from dispensing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine except: o When written as prescribed for a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)- approved indication; or o As part of a state approved clinical trial related to COVID-19 for a patient who has tested positive for COVID-19 ▪ Positive COVID-19 test result must be documented as part of the prescription. • Prohibits use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for experimental or prophylactic use. • Any permitted prescription is limited to one 14-day prescription with no refills.

"Spew"? That's an ugly word. I said they've ordered refrigerated trucks as their morgues are being overwhelmed. And they're not alone.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/07/14/texas-is-among-several-us-states-requesting-refrigerated-trucks-as-morgues-reach-capacity/

41 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Cancer is a horrible way to die too.  Yet the cancer death rate far exceeds COVID 19 with little attention paid to it by the masses.  People hardly concern themselves with it unless they get it.   

Cancer isn't contagious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Leather helmets?

Leather helmets?
No I like the new safety equipment. It's all the political crap that should be left off the field. Just do what you are being paid to do. Play a freaking game carrying an oblong leather ball and crunch each other and keep your mouths shut. Same for musicians and other entertainers.

12 minutes ago, left field said:

You said "banned" and now it's "restricted". Not exactly the same. What Cuomo did was limit it to stop hoarding that was going on in other states:

New York: Executive Order from Gov. Andrew Cuomo restricting dispensing: • Bans pharmacists from dispensing hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine except: o When written as prescribed for a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)- approved indication; or o As part of a state approved clinical trial related to COVID-19 for a patient who has tested positive for COVID-19 ▪ Positive COVID-19 test result must be documented as part of the prescription. • Prohibits use of hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine for experimental or prophylactic use. • Any permitted prescription is limited to one 14-day prescription with no refills.

"Spew"? That's an ugly word. I said they've ordered refrigerated trucks as their morgues are being overwhelmed. And they're not alone.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2020/07/14/texas-is-among-several-us-states-requesting-refrigerated-trucks-as-morgues-reach-capacity/

Cancer isn't contagious.

You just copy and pasted "BANS PHARMACISTS"...........They weren't allowed to use it anymore and had to send the tablets back. Re Houston, You made it sounds like tons of people were dyin. 16 people in a day is not really newsworthy. 9 people died in NY too yesterday.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

In 2020, an estimated 606,520 people will die of cancer in the United States. Lung and bronchus cancer is responsible for the most deaths with 135,720 people expected to die from this disease.

Nobody gets out of life alive.  

I have had the displeasure of taking that journey with loved ones also and while you are correct about little attention by the masses it isn't pleasant. That seems to be a major shortcoming of Americans today. No one truly cares about anyone else outside of their inner circle(s) but will jump on the band wagon for lost causes like BLM, Friends of animal,  PETA, etc.

Compassion for others seems to be in short supply these days.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You just copy and pasted "BANS PHARMACISTS"...........They weren't allowed to use it anymore and had to send the tablets back. Re Houston, You made it sounds like tons of people were dyin. 16 people in a day is not really newsworthy. 9 people died in NY too yesterday.

As a master of hyperbole, I appreciate your mad skills. 

It wasn't banned, it was restricted for clinical use.

In regards to Houston, all I said what they ordered trucks. Whether for need or caution remains to be seen. You took that to mean something else. 

55 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

@left field - do you wake up each morning hoping to see more or less coronavirus deaths in US?

I think you mean "fewer". 

I wake up like Dicky Fox. Song in my heart; spring in my step.

Then I read the news.

Edited by left field

36 minutes ago, left field said:

As a master of hyperbole, I appreciate your mad skills. 

It wasn't banned, it was restricted for clinical use.

In regards to Houston, all I said what they ordered trucks. Whether for need or caution remains to be seen. You took that to mean something else. 

I think you mean "fewer". 

I wake up like Dicky Fox. Song in my heart; spring in my step.

Then I read the news.

I'm not going back and forth, but hospitals were forced to send their tablets back. if your turn the tv off and get outside, you'll see there's nothing to worry about. Be thankful you don't live in dumpy Canada anymore.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Haha 1

Do you think they will allow kids to play two sports that overlap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s one of the huge issues for my kid (football/baseball with a basketball chaser). He’s crushed right now. I know they are having to consider that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1