Non political corona virus thread

Al Bundy

I feel like there is exposure everywhere though between restaurants, grocery stores, etc. if I got the Rona I wouldn’t be able to remember every place I went to the past 14 days to notify them all.

On a side note I’m going to Inn at Pound Ridge (Jean Georges) tonight. It’s a gem, if you haven’t been there already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is a long video from the UCSF but it talks about transmission. What I found interesting was the suggestion that severity of infection was often dependent on viral load.

There's a timeline menu so you can skip ahead.

In this Covid-19 Medical Grand Rounds (July 16, 2020), three world experts discuss a variety of issues surrounding how the coronavirus moves from person to person, how best to block viral spread, and the potential that mask-wearing may not only prevent infection but also lead to a milder clinical course. The questions regarding aerosol vs. droplet transmission and the value of wearing masks and/or face shields are central to formulating public health strategies as well as to informing the personal decisions that each of us makes every day. The session is hosted by UCSF Department of Medicine chair Bob Wachter.

Edited by left field

A recent man's account of his covid experience:

I Today is my 8th day of having the dreaded Covid-19. I can tell you that it is not like the flu and it is nothing like the common cold. If you are over 60 and are either obese, have diabetes, heart disease, COPD, or any other health issues and you contract this you will probably be taking a dirt nap. I was skeptical until I saw how many people were infected and how fast this spread. I am 51 and am in perfect health and this knocked me on my @ss. I have mild symptoms so I could only imagine how bad severe symptoms would be. I was planning on going to fenner until I came down with a splitting headache on the Thursday prior. I decided to go get tested on Friday and Quarantine myself. If I did not have symptoms I would have been at fenner and I am sure it would have easily spread there. There will most likely be another wave around the holidays do to all the traveling. Most of you older guys with issues should most likely hide in your bunkers till this passes.

• Sad 1

I feel like there is exposure everywhere though between restaurants, grocery stores, etc. if I got the Rona I wouldn’t be able to remember every place I went to the past 14 days to notify them all.

On a side note I’m going to Inn at Pound Ridge (Jean Georges) tonight. It’s a gem, if you haven’t been there already

Not the Bedford Post I hope! That place you pay out the ass and you're still starving at the end of the meal

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

41 minutes ago, Steve D said:

A recent man's account of his covid experience:

I Today is my 8th day of having the dreaded Covid-19. I can tell you that it is not like the flu and it is nothing like the common cold. If you are over 60 and are either obese, have diabetes, heart disease, COPD, or any other health issues and you contract this you will probably be taking a dirt nap. I was skeptical until I saw how many people were infected and how fast this spread. I am 51 and am in perfect health and this knocked me on my @ss. I have mild symptoms so I could only imagine how bad severe symptoms would be. I was planning on going to fenner until I came down with a splitting headache on the Thursday prior. I decided to go get tested on Friday and Quarantine myself. If I did not have symptoms I would have been at fenner and I am sure it would have easily spread there. There will most likely be another wave around the holidays do to all the traveling. Most of you older guys with issues should most likely hide in your bunkers till this passes.

That also seems to be a common theme here ,people who are healthier do better with dealing with it but the media has not pushed one bit for people to make improvements to their lifestyle.

• Like 1

Not the Bedford Post I hope! That place you pay out the ass and you're still starving at the end of the meal

#LessOverzealousMods #WeWantANewMod

No. I said the The inn at pound ridge by Jean Georges. It’s fantastic

• Like 1

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

Excuse me Elmo and LF...can you stop interrupting the “bowling smack talk” with Rona news!

Sorry. I can’t abide any bowling talk that doesn’t include “Square Earl” Anthony, the patron saint of all lefty bowlers. 

image.jpeg.6cf00fb6875dccf1792b2648888941bf.jpeg

Here he is against “Disco” Ernie Schlegel. 

• Like 4

On July 7, 2020 at 2:01 AM, Rattler said:

BTW: For the man with the Romania wife, I'm a product of the Hungarian Revolution of 1956 and understand Communist totalitarianism perfectly.  It's not just the mask mandate that is at issue here.  It's the entire economic agenda at the core of this virus issue that is totalitarian.

If you're not the old forum member Mr VJP you must have a twin that you were separated at birth from.  LOL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

All us country hunkies look and sound alike to you flatlanders.  :rolleyes:

Na, not everyone out in the sticks feels a need to hide their face. I would think you would be posting selfies left and right with having to wear a mask. All those "affiliations" you have that make you fear showing your face should be gone and you are free to post you actually being out of the house besides sitting in your car. Wasn't there another masked stalker here not long ago?............. Look how that ended...More fake accounts then Hillary has excuses for loosing the election.

18 hours ago, Rattler said:

You know you're wearing a hat with huge sunglasses and a full beard, right?  LOL!

I have a YouTube channel, I sure can't afford to pay a stand in. It would be nice to hire some actor to play be, but alas, it's just me. It's amazing what you find on this site when you step outside of the political areas, take off the tin foil hat, and realize this is a hunting and outdoors oriented site. Not the back room of a radical right conspiracy theorists group.

Most of the comic book heroes wear a mask, so there's that. A lot of those Antifa and BLM characters wear masks too, so there's that as well.

Carry on cowboy, High Ho Silver Away!

:asciidity:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

I have a YouTube channel, I sure can't afford to pay a stand in. It would be nice to hire some actor to play be, but alas, it's just me. It's amazing what you find on this site when you step outside of the political areas, take off the tin foil hat, and realize this is a hunting and outdoors oriented site. Not the back room of a radical right conspiracy theorists group.

Most of the comic book heroes wear a mask, so there's that. A lot of those Antifa and BLM characters wear masks too, so there's that as well.

Carry on cowboy, High Ho Silver Away!

:asciidity:

What is your YouTube channel Rob? I'll check it out!