Rut updates

Localqdm

I hunt 8h and tonight saw 7 fawns and possibly 1 yearling doe (so likely none of the fawns were hers). In my area I seem to always see a buck locked down w/ a doe by Nov. 1, but this kinda shocked me.

2 days ago I went to this same spot. I knew a big buck was hanging out there. There was a lone doe out in the beans as I went in at 4. by 4:10 the mature buck was out feeding too. That suprised me, but didn't think too much cause he didn't chase her around, 'must still be early' was my thought.

Hindsight, I think he was locked down w/her. Probably one or two of those fawns were hers. What do you think?

I'm thinking I need to go to rut mode and hunt funnels mid day.

I hunt in 4B area. And i saw a small 8 following a doe ''i wouldnt say chasing but they wer not walkin bye any means. I found a couple active scrapes . i put some tinks in one of the scrapes tonight i plan on bein in the stand at first light in the morning ... before the big storm hit sat night. should be good hunting. good luck everybody

I also hunt 8h and i have seen bucks chasin' since opening day but things have cooled off a bit in the last week. I find it very unlikely that that buck was tending the doe but i guess anything is possible. This coming week should see the seeking and chasing kick up quite a bit and if all goes well, things should peak between the 4th - about the 9th. The big boys are sniffin' around a bit right now but they know things are not ready yet.

Early chase here in 9h, the doe seem like they may be getting hot soon ( leaving the fawns more and acting goofy ) We had some snow yesterday but I didn't get to hunt today. I'm sure there was a lot going on. Tomorrow I will be out Sun up to Sun down and should have a better grasp on the activity

They are going hell bent after does down here on letchworth!!! 7 different bucks today with 3 being good mature bucks. Took a great 31/2 year old 8pt. Thinking around 130. Great 8 with tines width and great main beam's. Will get some pics on asap as i am still down here untill sunday morning. Gotta love those ridge runners that call the park home.. Not for the faint at heart!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm hunting 9g and have found a few rubs and one big scrap. Not a lot of deer movement though but I did watch a nice 6pt come full bore into a field of does grunting and acting ready but the does didn't give much noticed and kept their distance.

I was out this morning and watched a couple of 6 pointers spar for at least 15 minutes. There were two does nearby and the bucks didn't pay any attention to them at all. I'm sure things will start changing in the next week or so. Unfortunately, the daytime temps are going to be in the 50's......

Edited by outdoorstom

Buddy watched a mature buck run a doe into bedding area tonight. I Saw 2 1.5's chasing a young doe or a fawn. Kinda cool, when 2nd 1.5 came out after he ran her around a little he did the stare down w/the littler buck and gave a snort wheeze. never heard that before. I watched a really nice 2.5 come out and work a scrape too.

a buddy shot a 5 point this evening who was trailing a doe with his nose to the ground. He bleated the buck stopped dead and headed toward him. I know a 5 point no big deal, but this is his first buck ever, and his first deer in 11 years. I had a doe and a I belive 6 point buck go by me this morning like they were flying a jet. The doe first, and the buck right behind her right on her tail. Much more activity than I have seen so far this season.

four season what part of letchworth? i just got home from there a pretty good day in the park i hunter a new stand in the castile side i seen 9 doe and a small buck thismorning all out at about 70yrds then a couple of doe in the afternoon.

Shawn i hunt the hogsback alot and also trail 17 for the two miles around to where it meets up with trail 15.Its a big area with lots of ridges and the does are hitin the acorns hard and just bedding on the ridges. All the bucks that came down through did just that..came down from the top..I think they are runnin the does around the farm fields at night then head down the gorge and keep runnin down there.I did see one of the bucks go to the bottom and bed but the rest just kept on moving.

a buddy shot a 5 point this evening who was trailing a doe with his nose to the ground. He bleated the buck stopped dead and headed toward him. I know a 5 point no big deal, but this is his first buck ever, and his first deer in 11 years. I had a doe and a I belive 6 point buck go by me this morning like they were flying a jet. The doe first, and the buck right behind her right on her tail. Much more activity than I have seen so far this season.

It's encouraging to read about this happening in my neck of the woods! :gamer:

Kind of sporatic. I've seen some decent activity one day, then go for days and not see another deer! I am seeing small bucks harassing does. Not running HARD, but just chasing/almost messing with them. The cams are showing decent daytime activity also, including at scrapes (I've posted a few nice scrape videos). Just posted a scrape video from yesterday and the buck was hitting it at 11:51AM. I think things will pop, soon.

It was looking like afternoon hunts provided more activity for me, but this morning I saw 7 deer. Pathetic for some, but a record for me!

First hour today in Canandaigua ( 8H) Saw 4 bucks chasing does.Two pretty good bucks ,two young guys. Friend here in Webster saw bucks chasing as well .

Hunting tomorrow Am then working 3 nights, then off till 3rd day of gun. Got freezer filled now just mature bucks and if its right does for friends.

Its on boys !