8 point in full velevt

newbreed

Testosterone plays a huge roll in the antler cycle and castration in deer can have a profound effect on antlers. If a deer is hard antlered and castrated, he will lose his antlers normally and grow a new set, which will never shed their velvet. If a deer is in velvet and castrated, he will never shed his velvet or lose his antlers. I would bet he may have had male parts with exception of no balls (he is probably married).

Testosterone plays a huge roll in the antler cycle and castration in deer can have a profound effect on antlers. If a deer is hard antlered and castrated, he will lose his antlers normally and grow a new set, which will never shed their velvet. If a deer is in velvet and castrated, he will never shed his velvet or lose his antlers. I would bet he may have had male parts with exception of no balls (he is probably married).

Now thats funny!

I read an article a few years back about a deer killed in velvet like that. It ended up having some injury to his testicles that created a hormone imbalance that caused the deer to never shed his antlers and to stay in velvet year round. But chief was probably the most accurate in assuming the deer was married.