BowmanMike

New single pin sight

I bought a used apex covert pro single pin sight today. My first single pin,i hope i like it. This one seems neat since the pin sits on crosshairs and you can dial up the brightness and change color on it. I hope it doesn't take forever to arrive by mail.

I've been using that sight for 3 years now. I'll never go back to a multipin. The only downside is if it raining or snowing the lens can get covered/hard to see through. Put some scope antifog/window wax on there. Love the sight!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I tried single pin, went back to 5 pin. Just what I am.use to and tried and true. Good luck with it.

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

I adjust to change pretty well. I like the idea of a smaller pin and for most of my hunting i wont even have to adjust it i think. Set it for 23 or so and i should be good from 10 to 30. I have a 4 pin sight now,but the screws on it are getting rusty and it is entry level sight that is 5 or six years old now. 

I may need some optics at some point,my vision is not improvong and this sight is set up for it.

I trade my spot hogg sight this winter for a HHA optimizer single pin.....will set it up this summer as a backup hunting rig.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I may need some optics at some point,my vision is not improvong and this sight is set up for it.

I switched over to a single pin, .10, only one blurry pin instead of five. I love it, I don’t recall what mine is. 

• Like 1

I have been shooting a single pin Copper John sight for the past 20 years.  It’s a great sight and work’s well for me. Good hunting 

• Like 1

I have the sight installed and i like it a lot. I was nervous about finding the right tape because my bow is slow with the heavy arrows i am shooting,but there was a match. It was easy to sight in and the sight picture is amazing.

I can follow my arrow through the sight until it hits the target,that was impossible before with my four pin sight. Big improvement. I am curious to see if it will improve my 3d scores. 

• Like 1

b3edcf8748a6c5f35736ae297b5a13c3.jpg Just got the Garmin. Very cool technology. Pain in the arse to set up, but once ya got it, it’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had my trophy ridge react for 2 years and I'll never go back to a multi pin.  I set it for 25yrds so I'm good from 0-30.  My brother just bought one as well. Not sure which one he got.

• Like 1

I adjust to change pretty well. I like the idea of a smaller pin and for most of my hunting i wont even have to adjust it i think. Set it for 23 or so and i should be good from 10 to 30. I have a 4 pin sight now,but the screws on it are getting rusty and it is entry level sight that is 5 or six years old now. 

Be sure and get in a stand and shoot a target at inside ten yards, you may want to aim low with the pin at 23. I try to remember to aim where I want it to exit on the real close shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

21 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Be sure and get in a stand and shoot a target at inside ten yards, you may want to aim low with the pin at 23. I try to remember to aim where I want it to exit on the real close shots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You are right,I should. I have not shot real close with this sight. If i remember correctly things don't change much with this bow up close though.

After 20 years I still use a Truglo single pin pendulum set at 25 yds. Go from 10-35 yds 

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still

I have a TruGlo Range Rover single pin sight on two dirrerent bows . I prefer the single pin over the multi pin sights .

97.3% of statistics are made up
To Err is Human - To Forgive Divine 

Neither of which is Marine Corps Policy !