Guess I’ll pull my cam

luberhill

12 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Not sure what to do for opener of crossbow..

im getting a couple for pics and fix and coyote ..

not seeing bucks... cam is in the woods on a trail that every year is used and trees are scraped up good ...

maybe like others have said it’s too early ..

1CF31BF1-AE51-4D53-AAC8-1AD41CDE0434.jpeg

Deer use different land at different times of the year. When crossbow opens the deer will be in totally different areas.  Need many spots for all different phases of season. You need a rutt flat or a pinch point.... and actually you need 10 stands for every wind direction.....  lol jk. (Not really jk). Healthy deer smoke coyote in speed and physically kick the crap out of them. They may move around the dogs but usually I catch them down wind of the yotes. Doing the same thing to them as they do to us.

52 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The places I plan to look for bucks this year wont have any sightings or very few if any. Does that spot you are targeting right now run between 2 different bedding areas by any chance?

Well it’s where the main trail into the gully and thick woods start, on a ridge , open corn and soy bean fields to the right of the pic,

thick woods and creek to the left..

every year by opener of gun the trees along this trail are torn up

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

Only up a couple days ...

im waiting for my safety role to arrive and I will put my stand up here this week and take the cam down

Cant expect to catch a cagy mature buck on cam in a couple of days.  Patience my friend.  The ones we have around our property we are lucky to get three pics of them all season. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cant expect to catch a cagy mature buck on cam in a couple of days.  Patience my friend.  The ones we have around our property we are lucky to get three pics of them all season. 

What he said^^^weeks of doe pics here,same as last year,then start seeing some bucks.nice 10 on cam last year in velvet then moved across rd and neighbor got him opening day of gun.itll happen,give it time