luberhill

Guess I’ll pull my cam

Recommended Posts

Not sure what to do for opener of crossbow..

im getting a couple for pics and fix and coyote ..

not seeing bucks... cam is in the woods on a trail that every year is used and trees are scraped up good ...

maybe like others have said it’s too early ..

 

1CF31BF1-AE51-4D53-AAC8-1AD41CDE0434.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Not sure what to do for opener of crossbow..

im getting a couple for pics and fix and coyote ..

not seeing bucks... cam is in the woods on a trail that every year is used and trees are scraped up good ...

maybe like others have said it’s too early ..

 

1CF31BF1-AE51-4D53-AAC8-1AD41CDE0434.jpeg

Deer use different land at different times of the year. When crossbow opens the deer will be in totally different areas.  Need many spots for all different phases of season. You need a rutt flat or a pinch point.... and actually you need 10 stands for every wind direction.....  lol jk. (Not really jk). Healthy deer smoke coyote in speed and physically kick the crap out of them. They may move around the dogs but usually I catch them down wind of the yotes. Doing the same thing to them as they do to us.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The places I plan to look for bucks this year wont have any sightings or very few if any. Does that spot you are targeting right now run between 2 different bedding areas by any chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long was the cam up? How sensitive was it set? Makes a huge diff. I increase the sensititivy and greatly increase the spotted deer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

The places I plan to look for bucks this year wont have any sightings or very few if any. Does that spot you are targeting right now run between 2 different bedding areas by any chance?

Well it’s where the main trail into the gully and thick woods start, on a ridge , open corn and soy bean fields to the right of the pic,

thick woods and creek to the left..

every year by opener of gun the trees along this trail are torn up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Daveboone said:

How long was the cam up? How sensitive was it set? Makes a huge diff. I increase the sensititivy and greatly increase the spotted deer.

It’s a cellular cam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, luberhill said:

It’s a cellular cam

Only up a couple days ...

im waiting for my safety role to arrive and I will put my stand up here this week and take the cam down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, luberhill said:

Only up a couple days ...

im waiting for my safety role to arrive and I will put my stand up here this week and take the cam down

Cant expect to catch a cagy mature buck on cam in a couple of days.  Patience my friend.  The ones we have around our property we are lucky to get three pics of them all season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Cant expect to catch a cagy mature buck on cam in a couple of days.  Patience my friend.  The ones we have around our property we are lucky to get three pics of them all season. 

What he said^^^weeks of doe pics here,same as last year,then start seeing some bucks.nice 10 on cam last year in velvet then moved across rd and neighbor got him opening day of gun.itll happen,give it time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My camera is up year round. I have bucks that only come around every 3-4 days, or every other week. If the camera is up long enough you can figure this out. Bucks have a lot bigger base than does do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I leave my camera in my pocket until the buck is on the ground:

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

 

 

 

 

Quote

1941223022_8pointcb2109asfound.jpg.d6d993fada1652e288acca6e0df5f333.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by wolc123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't worry about not seeing anything yet.  Crossbow is a long ways away.  I won't see bucks or signs of bucks in some of my areas for another 3 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.