Getting in shape, whos doing it?

Geno C

I do the low carbs also, oatmeal and peanuts are my carbs. My day is full of vegies, cheese, oatmeal and fish. No sugar in the diet also. Of course on the weekend some venison and at least one day of what ever I want. (maybe two sometimes!) Lost 17lbs at first and leveled off to about 13. Didn't need to lose the weight it was all about getting the triglycerides down.

Edited by Burt

I have always just used sensible eating as my way of keeping trim... I am very active so I burn a ton of calories... I try to eat 4 times a day.. about every four hours... breakfast is usually a whole grain cereal and coffee, lunch is a sandwich and a salad with water to drink, dinner is what ever momma is cooking, but I limit myself to one helping with water.. then a cup of coffee after dinner... then just before bed I have some kind of snack... fruit, yogurt, sometimes even a bowl of cereal or a PBJ sandwich... works for me... any weight gain I have is usually muscle weight... which I don't mind... muscle weight never makes you look fat... Belly fat makes you look fat! LOL... people usually guess my weight as much lower than it really is.. which is OK by me. :)

I have always just used sensible eating as my way of keeping trim... I am very active so I burn a ton of calories... I try to eat 4 times a day.. about every four hours... breakfast is usually a whole grain cereal and coffee, lunch is a sandwich and a salad with water to drink, dinner is what ever momma is cooking, but I limit myself to one helping with water.. then a cup of coffee after dinner... then just before bed I have some kind of snack... fruit, yogurt, sometimes even a bowl of cereal or a PBJ sandwich... works for me... any weight gain I have is usually muscle weight... which I don't mind... muscle weight never makes you look fat... Belly fat makes you look fat! LOL... people usually guess my weight as much lower than it really is.. which is OK by me. :)

Joe how tall are you and whats your weight? if you dont mind me asking... i have seen some pics you have posted or from the site, hard to tell but you dont look out of shape

i am 5'7"

170lbs

I'm 5' 9" ... 185... I'm in pretty good shape... I played lacrosse until I was 50 years old... I'm 52 now... and although I don't teach it any more I still keep up my taekwondo training... Here is a pic of me from last summer traveling incognito in NYC...lol...

post-525-0-30849700-1328148102_thumb.jpg

Gotta admit... that stuff is funny!! I spit out some coffee laughing at the "checking out each others veins" thing.. :lol: I was expecting a bit of razzing about the pic.. and you guys didn't disappoint!!

i know! thats funny!

these guys never disappoint, i love it lol