Facebook

WNYBuckHunter

I haven't heard any public release about it yet, but it looks like Facebook's servers crapped out yesterday. Last night I noticed it was down, and now this morning, it's back up, but anything posted between Tuesday afternoon and last night is gone. They have been having nothing but problems since they went public with their stocks. Too many cooks in the kitchen now?

I wonder how long before they go the way of MySpace.

They're already offering customizable page layouts. This is what I beleive killed myspace. I could not stand the music and all the immature crap like a high school girls bedroom wall. It was annoying. Downside of FB is also everyone's complaints. "work sucks" no sh** that's why it's called work. It actually changed my opinion on quite a few people that I know.

NOT a good place for a married guy/gal to be hanging out, IMO.

I agree completely. Just recently I have heard that a couple of people I know got divorced. Guess what?? They both have very active Facebook pages. I will never participate in it. Forums like these are addictive enough and I often wonder why I even participate. I will never understand why many people feel this need to tell the world everything about themselves over the internet on something as stupid as Facebook. It seems like some will post a play by play of their entire day. Like someone really gives a s**t?? I guess everyone these days thinks they are a celebrity and think that the whole world is interested in them.

I agree completely. Just recently I have heard that a couple of people I know got divorced. Guess what?? They both have very active Facebook pages. I will never participate in it. Forums like these are addictive enough and I often wonder why I even participate. I will never understand why many people feel this need to tell the world everything about themselves over the internet on something as stupid as Facebook. It seems like some will post a play by play of their entire day. Like someone really gives a s**t?? I guess everyone these days thinks they are a celebrity and think that the whole world is interested in them.

Well that's what MTV tells them, you should know this Steve. :P

Achievement without accomplishment.

Well that's what MTV tells them, you should know this Steve. :P

Achievement without accomplishment.

MTV would die pretty quick if they depended on people like me to watch them. I have little interest and time to watch much of anything on TV, but I sure as hell know it won't be MTV when I do watch something.

• Like 1

Face book can be good but like anything else people get carried away. My wife uses hers to keep in contact with fellow dog owners aswell as family which is a good thing. Its the people that she friends that clearly are not friends that I laugh at her for.

It will be usefull when we decide to make a trip out west and have hunts lined up along the way.

Holy christ! You seem to be a Facebook goddess with 970 friends. LOL

All hunting people from Archery Talk and here I'm thinking.... In fact, my illinois hunt I won on Facebook and actually went with a guy I met on there and Archery Talk.. We had a ball hunting together....

I can see where FB could screw up relationships for people. Not much good can come out of it from what I've seen.

NOT a good place for a married guy/gal to be hanging out, IMO.

You just have to be straight, and keep things on the up and up. Its not a singles site. If you are cheating with someone through or because of Facebook, you probably would have done it anyway. My fiance and I are on it and have never once had an issue because of it.

You just have to be straight, and keep things on the up and up. Its not a singles site. If you are cheating with someone through or because of Facebook, you probably would have done it anyway. My fiance and I are on it and have never once had an issue because of it.

Cheating can happen in other ways, but Facebook has opened up a whole new world for the people that never put themselves out there to potentially cheat. What I see happening is that thru Facebook people meet old flames, or people they wished had been flames in their past, and many times one things leads to another. You are right, cheating was going on well before Facebook was ever thought of, but I do think it has created an easy channel for many that never dreamed of actually going out (to bars, events, etc.) and looking for someone to cheat with.

It is a great way to hook up with "old" friends, correct?

Things can start out very innocently and casual. Hey, how's the family? Oh, thats too bad. Maybe we should have coffee?

Just friends, right?

(NOT directed at you WNYBH)

Seen it..........................................................

I have a FaceBook account and maintain minimal friends . I got it so I could upload old Family Pictures , etc that my sister had .

I get recommendations for friends but don't add them .

I block out a lot of stuff that I could care less about .

People forget that FaceBook is a Public Site and it's no place to be telling your life story !

My issue with it is the drama and gossip. It gets soooo annoying. But, thats just my particular situation. I do use this site alot, but i have alot in common on here, and nice to talk to ppl about things i like to do with ppl who share this same interests, instead of listening to OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE WHAT SHE WROTE ON HERE ABOUT HER MOTHERS CATS BEST FRIENDS AUNT IN MIAMI!!???

Its easy to avoid the drama, games, gossip and cheating on Facebook. Just dont do it. Look, unless you are a shut in, you deal with people other than your significant other or family on a daily basis. I still say, if someone cheats, its not Facebook's fault, and anyone that blames it on Facebook is just feeding into the mentality that many people have of not taking responsibility for their own actions. If you cant interact with people, even "old flames" without being intimate with them, maybe you shouldnt be married or in a committed relationship in the first place.

Both my fiance and I have ex's on our Facebook friends, no issues. They are ex's for reasons, and a few of mine, we get along much better just as friends. Would I ever consider even a one nighter with any of them? Nah. Been there, done that, had to get a shot for it. ;)

Anyway, back to the original subject....I figured FB would have a better backup than it apparently does. I cant imagine what their network consists of, and to not have multiple redundancy for their backups is crazy.

I don't think anyone is blaming Facebook if someone does cheat. All some of us are saying it's one less temptation for married people if they stay away from Facebook. Just like being a married guy who gets asked by his buddies to go to a bachelor party or strip club. Just don't go, and then you won't get tempted to do something that won't make your wife happy.