Pelosi's Great Wall

2 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

I am missing something (it happens from time to time).

Seems to me the site already filters out political posts (at least on my PC & phone). Political posts are in the directory: Home -Other -Gun and Hunting Laws and Politics Discussions and don't show up in "recent topics"; you have to actually want to read them to find them. I DO realize they show up in "unread posts", but are labeled as political posts, is it really a big deal to scroll on past?

Or do I just have a different version of this website? 

It is not a big deal, but like I said it does push some good quality stuff further down. Let me use an analogy. When you search google, more often than not you probably choose one of the first few searches. When's the last time you did a search and went to page 2? 

And yes, when I start my day with a cup of coffee and want to see who killed what or who might have plans this cold weekend to coyote hunt, I go straight to unread as those aren't the only topics I'm interested in. But maybe that's just me?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Grouse said:

Watch that ageist crap sonny.

OldMen.jpg

because it's 2021 and you think the world is going to end if people smoke weed, but are more than happy to drink bourbon which has killed millions of americans and ruined families for centuries?

got it. You sure seem like you don't want drama by posting everything you do. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Au contraire, My post went over your head grasshopper.

You could learn something from an old man, as I've been around this planet and have seen how this starts with a snowball and ends in an avalanche, in some cases.

It all starts with harmless suggestions, like "take your political thoughts elsewhere."

Once the censorship cat is out of the bag, it usually ends badly.

If you don't like what Grouse or any of the other posters here are posting in the political section, scroll away please.

enlighten me obi wan. What is the snowball that turns into an avalanche with the legalization of marijuana. It's been legal for years in many states and what has happened or will happen that you're worried about? 

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

because it's 2021 and you think the world is going to end if people smoke weed, but are more than happy to drink bourbon which has killed millions of americans and ruined families for centuries?

got it. You sure seem like you don't want drama by posting everything you do. 

I don't give two sheets if someone wants to smoke pot or drink.  It's a free country and if it doesn't hurt anyone else or infringe on their rights, it should be legal.  But disrespecting the elders in this country is not something I will tolerate.  Young folks who do that have had a major negligence in their upbringing.

4 minutes ago, Belo said:

enlighten me obi wan. What is the snowball that turns into an avalanche with the legalization of marijuana. It's been legal for years in many states and what has happened or will happen that you're worried about? 

He wasn't talking about pot.  He was talking about censorship.

5 hours ago, Belo said:

enlighten me obi wan. What is the snowball that turns into an avalanche with the legalization of crossbows. It's been legal for years in many states and what has happened or will happen that you're worried about? 

There........fixed it for ya. Same argument different topic. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Belo said:

no? I guess reading has failed me.

Part sarcasm and part scenario, as in, the NY state Dems would legalize marijuana to get the revenue from the sales and also keep their serf's stoned, so they can stay in power.

I have nothing against Marijuana, if used responsibly.

My wife took edibles to help her deal with her cancer treatments and we had to go through hoops to get it.

If it was legal, she would've been able to get it quicker and suffered less.

The avalanche was an analogy.

Once the censorship snowball starts gaining momentum , it wipes out everything in it's path, friend and foe alike.

It's best not to go down that route, as it always ends badly for everyone.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 10:30 PM, Shoots100 said:

Part sarcasm and part scenario, as in, the NY state Dems would legalize marijuana to get the revenue from the sales and also keep their serf's stoned, so they can stay in power.

I have nothing against Marijuana, if used responsibly.

My wife took edibles to help her deal with her cancer treatments and we had to go through hoops to get it.

If it was legal, she would've been able to get it quicker and suffered less.

The avalanche was an analogy.

Once the censorship snowball starts gaining momentum , it wipes out everything in it's path, friend and foe alike.

It's best not to go down that route, as it always ends badly for everyone.

You may be surprised at the number or "illegal" weed smokers that exist. And there isn't any evidence to say that legalizing it will lead to a significant increase in habitual users. If anything, many will substitute their far more dangerous pain killer opioids and consume less alcohol. 

I don't think you're going to see some army of zombies, despite what some news outlets and websites are telling you.

On 2/12/2021 at 3:19 PM, grampy said:

There........fixed it for ya. Same argument different topic. 

Yeah, I don't want anyone shooting MY deer!

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

You may be surprised at the number or "illegal" weed smokers that exist. And there isn't any evidence to say that legalizing it will lead to a significant increase in habitual users. If anything, many will substitute their far more dangerous pain killer opioids and consume less alcohol. 

I don't think you're going to see some army of zombies, despite what some news outlets and websites are telling you.

I've got relatives where their situations would say differently.  Even given their history with having pot be their gateway drug I am less concerned about the individual choices and more concerned about the liberal politicians using legalization as desensitizing to legalize or decriminalize the heavier drugs....like was done in the last election in the north west

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I've got relatives where their situations would say differently.  Even given their history with having pot be their gateway drug I am less concerned about the individual choices and more concerned about the liberal politicians using legalization as desensitizing to legalize or decriminalize the heavier drugs....like was done in the last election in the north west

you are entitled to your opinion. I don't see a world where heroin, crack, meth and cocaine become legal. Shrooms? Maybe. For sure there are those that abuse things, just like those that abuse alcohol now. But like you said, they have a history and it's always been illegal. So what would legalization change?

PS crossbows are the gateway into no archery season at all! hahahah

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Legalizing all drugs is the only way to beat the cartels. Take away the profit. Drug addicts are just that,addicts,and they will get their fix any way they can. The war on drugs has not been working very well so far,has it? 

Education and help are two things that stand a better chance at combating drug problems.

Some people cant be helped no matter what. 

9 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Legalizing all drugs is the only way to beat the cartels. Take away the profit. Drug addicts are just that,addicts,and they will get their fix any way they can. The war on drugs has not been working very well so far,has it? 

Education and help are two things that stand a better chance at combating drug problems.

Some people cant be helped no matter what. 

The problem with legalization, is that the addicts aren't working a job to get their fix, their stealing, robbing, mugging and sometimes killing others to get the money to get their fix and then they blame the drugs in the end anyway.

How is the war on drugs going to work, if they don't penalize the offenders ?

No bail seems to be working great for the criminals, not so great for their victims.

Maybe if we just supplied the addicts with drugs, then they wouldn't have to commit crimes to get it and we could all dance in a circle singing kum bah yah all day ?

10 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

The problem with legalization, is that the addicts aren't working a job to get their fix, their stealing, robbing, mugging and sometimes killing others to get the money to get their fix and then they blame the drugs in the end anyway.

How is the war on drugs going to work, if they don't penalize the offenders ?

No bail seems to be working great for the criminals, not so great for their victims.

Maybe if we just supplied the addicts with drugs, then they wouldn't have to commit crimes to get it and we could all dance in a circle singing kum bah yah all day ?

You got it!

23 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

So you want your tax dollars paying for heroin, crack etc for drug addicts?

No,the druggies can pay for their own heroin,but it will be much cheaper and taxed. And all the money we can save on the war on drugs. Big picture stuff if you want results. Or we can just keep doing the same old thing. Doesn't really matter to me,but i would hope people could think about different approaches to things. Isnt that the definition of crazy to keep doing the same and expecting a different result?

5 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

No,the druggies can pay for their own heroin,but it will be much cheaper and taxed. And all the money we can save on the war on drugs. Big picture stuff if you want results. Or we can just keep doing the same old thing. Doesn't really matter to me,but i would hope people could think about different approaches to things. Isnt that the definition of crazy to keep doing the same and expecting a different result?

That may or may not be something i could get behind. I would have to see how that worked out in other area's as i have no knowledge on the subject....

As long as the addicts must also pay for their own self inflicted rehab requirements, I say let them have all they want legally, tax free and cheap.  Take the money out of drugs and you eliminate the criminal element involved.

But if you think we should pay for their dumb choices later on, I'm against that.  People who become addicted should have to dig themselves out of the hole they dug themselves into.

But when has our government ever taken that approach to any stupid choices people in this land have made?  That's why it would become another entitlement that all taxpayers would be picking up the tab for.

9 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

That may or may not be something i could get behind. I would have to see how that worked out in other area's as i have no knowledge on the subject....

If i remeber correctly the Netherlands legalized all drugs and it worked pretty well. I have not checked on any data about that though.

I am not saying it would be easy and lots of stuff needs to be worked out. 

Like with any problem.