Crossbow Full Inclusion Support needed

tughillmcd

6 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Why not make it with an age restriction let’s say 60 and over can use them all season, everyone else can have the last 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should be that or a simple doctors note. Sure some may abuse the doctors note, but whatever. If you're that intent on using a crossbow you're probably using one illegally anyhow. Make it easy to upload a note to your request for a full season permit. I can't imagine the review strain after the first few years would be substantial and could be paid for by the increased revenue.

Also quit with the mz bs and make them all take the archery safety course if this is truly "archery". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

see now you just shot yourself in your foot. The key driver behind the crossbow debate is that every hunter should be allowed to hunt how they want.

Yet here you are assuming that all hunters are out trying to feed their families. I bet there isn't a single hunter on this board who hunts because their family would starve without it. This isn't to say that many of us (myself included) aren't meat hunters, but gtfo with that "we're just trying to feed our families bs". Think about what some of these members invest in cams, leases and plots. It's to kill big bucks. period.

Now to your first point. If we're out here to use the most efficient and convenient weapon, why do we have an archery season? That NYBOWHUNTER is why I'm anti-crossbow. You said you didn't like that reason, but it's a reason none the less. Archery is meant to be a challenge. The crossbow steps over that line.

That line has been crossed a long time ago with modern compound bows.

this is a forum to discuss hunting. Nobody is changing the world here. Because something more serious is going on, we can't escape in the offseason and talk about deer hunting?
Sorry mom, we're canceling your mothers day party, there's too many illegal border crossings and we just can't see it in ourselves to do anything else while this is happening.
Yes son. Exactly

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Belo said:

I still have to draw. Ranges maybe up 5 to 10 yards for the average hunter. Better arrows and heads just lead to better efficiency. How is the line crossed? 

Com’on man better cams, higher speeds, shorter axel to axel length, lighter material, better sights, better arrows, better broadheads, trigger release, .........lots of other stuff I’m forgetting.

I bought a compound bow in 1973 and it was hard to shoot.

I’ve shot lots of modern compounds and they are very easy to shoot.

I’m going to leave this discussion because I’m bored. 

I’m going to leave with this thought. For the most part NYS sucks.

But we are blessed with fairly abundant deer population. The season begins in September in the Northern Zone and finishes the end of January on Long Island.  

We can use rifles, pistols, shotguns, black powder, bow and Xbow. 

The bag limits are very liberal. We have the 3 point rule in much of the state and are shooting bigger bucks than ever. 

If you put your time in as most on this board do your going to score some sort of a deer. Any deer is a trophy. 

Happy hunting I hope that all your dreams regarding hunting come true. 

Mike.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 10:33 PM, mike103 said:

We have the 3 point rule in much of the state and are shooting bigger bucks than ever. 

If you put your time in as most on this board do your going to score some sort of a deer. Any deer is a trophy. 

Happy hunting I hope that all your dreams regarding hunting come true. 

Mike.

1. No we don't

2. Any deer is a trophy is also not true. Every hunter sets their own trophy standards. So no, for many a doe or basket 6 is not a trophy. For some, you're right it is. But this is not a rule.

3. Same for you. Happy hunting brother. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Most hunters who hunt private land are pretty much using xbows all season if that's what they want to do anyway. I've grown old waiting for full inclusion arguing this with knuckleheads for 20plus yrs now. Funny alot of these very knuckleheads cry freedom only as long as it falls in line with their ideals

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Most hunters who hunt private land are pretty much using xbows all season if that's what they want to do anyway. I've grown old waiting for full inclusion arguing this with knuckleheads for 20plus yrs now. Funny alot of these very knuckleheads cry freedom only as long as it falls in line with their ideals

Idk if  this is true. I hunt with my bow during bow season and crossbow during crossbow season. All on private land. Everyone else i know does as well. If crossbow passed my bow would most likely stay on the hook.....Along with everyone else i hunt with.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Idk if  this is true. I hunt with my bow during bow season and crossbow during crossbow season. All on private land. Everyone else i know does as well. If crossbow passed my bow would most likely stay on the hook.....Along with everyone else i hunt with.....

As long as my shoulders cooperate, even during crossbow season I still mostly carry my bow. Or switch back and forth. Like bow in the morning, crossbow in the afternoon. My bow has been my love and passion for 40 years. Even more than a firearm.  But the crossbow is pretty fun too!

• Like 3