I know how we lost the Alamo now!

Guides ForHire

frickin Texans cant shoot to save their butts, thats how.

stopped by a friends place and he is one of these types that loves the outdoot tv shows, the one he had on was Killin and Grillin from east texas, these yahoos are using 12 gauges to hunt squirrels, which ahs its place if you are 90, blind and they are running and jumping limb to limb or someone is throwing them out of planes as they buzz by you.

not only are they such lousy shots to use shotguns but they are shooting sitting squirrels with them and often it is boom boom boom boom boom boom boom and the squirrel is now on the ground and running.

I couldnt take much of it and headed on the way, wiser for the experience and secure in the knowledge that we didnt hold the Alamo for the simple reason the southern boys cant shoot to save their butts.

Well, you got a one thing going there: a generalization...when you say Texan you mean each and everyone in the state of Texas which automatically proves you are full of you know what....There are Texans that will shoot an eyeball from 400 yards away (just ask Kennedy's...) and there are some that won't be able to hit a broad side of a barn.... I'm just saying think before you make such a broad statement about any group/nation/state/republic...you get my drift... What is your real question here..I still don't get it.....

nope. ...long as people insist on calling utica "upstate" I'm sticking with ALL TEXANS who do NOT have basements cant shoot for crap.

and that tv show proves it. ..which was an observation, not a question,

sirhan sirhan was a texan>?? he almsot missed from something like 5 feet....

based on how the texas squirrel artillery brigade did I think it proves that Oswald was a patsy, he never fired a shot, and JFK was in Texas mere minutes and took his own life, and he got off three shots...

There is a post the brought up basements...I will type slower for you.

there is a reason an animal shot in the arse ( that means its BUTT, there Dutchess) is called a TEXAS NECKSHOT....texans cant shoot any better than some basement owners can.

and for further proof than the waddies scattgunning squirrels, watch any Longhorn player free throw!

wanna argue, have at it kid, I have my CAPS LOCK button right here....feb 29th that will be in Italics...

Edited by Guides ForHire

I have used a shotgun on squirrels. I actually don't relate that to any kind of marksmanship success or failure....lol. Generally, I am looking for a quick meal, and don't really try to apply a whole lot of "challenge" to the activity. It's simply meat-gathering .... pure and simple and I'm not very interested in shooting only at "posing" squirrels.

• Like 2

I use the 12 gauge on squirrels because that's the only shotgun I have and some of the best areas for squirrels near me are shotgun only areas. I prefer my 22LR or I'll take headshots with my 17HMR but rules are rules and so often I'm forced to carry my shotgun. I also try not to shoot at a moving squirrel. I would say 90% of my shots are at posing squirrels. Yes, no challenge at all but I don't just see if I can hit the squirrel, I also look at the background...think about what direction I'm shooting...think about my target and beyond...and I think about it twice before I pull the trigger. I do not shoot at a flash ofgrey that streaks by. I guess that makes me a horrible shooter. Then again, this isn't a pissing contest. I have no desire to claim that I can out shoot anyone. I'm just satisfied knowing any game I've taken was taken humanely, expired quickly if not instantly, and all my shots has been safe.

• Like 1

There is a post the brought up basements...I will type slower for you.

there is a reason an animal shot in the arse ( that means its BUTT, there Dutchess) is called a TEXAS NECKSHOT....texans cant shoot any better than some basement owners can.

and for further proof than the waddies scattgunning squirrels, watch any Longhorn player free throw!

wanna argue, have at it kid, I have my CAPS LOCK button right here....feb 29th that will be in Italics...

What are you smoking?

Basement owners?

What's wrong with a 12 gauge for squirrel? I use one, but I'd also be willing to bet I could out shoot you with my 22 anyday. How about you try sorting out all of the bleeding heart bunny huggers in your state before you go and throw all Texans under the bus. Way to mock a tragic event in our history.........classy.

??????????

Alamo was intentionally left to fall to Santana so the righteous indignation of the american people would be aroused and we could Anex part of Mexico to Texas by force and not get everyone upset with us. See even big business was F'n with people back then to. :D And I have no idea whether or not Texans can shoot, but I seriously have my doubts about people from Lousiana. I have been on the business end of a few 30 rnd clips being rattled off through the trees around me at a deer. They didnt hit me or the deer so I guess its a good thing they cant shoot.

Edited by erussell

How goofy does someone have to be to even create a thread about how much they hate how Texans shoot... it's not everyday that something like that climbs into ones head and drives them so nuts that they have to rant about it on a NY hunting forum... at first I thought it was a joke, but apparently not..LOL