arrow rest.

Red

So if a faster bow is not more accurate then why do all the pro archers like Rodger Willet Jr. use bows that shoot around 300fps which is FAST? Ask them why they don't shoot a more forgiving slower FPS bow... Because speed makes the arrow go down ranger,

1)Faster

2)less time in the air for wind to take effect, causing improved accuracy da...

3)Plain and simple if a arrow drops 3 feet in the last 5 feet of its trajectory it will be less accurate plain and simple.

...........PS: After we do the 60-80yard shots we will go extreme long distance and see who can hit the target at 100 yards with the same 2 bows, wonder wich will be easyer to calculate? When all is said and done I will do a Accuracy report for all of you. Now where is there a range with over 100 yards availible, mine is maxed at 80 yards... And I dont think thrill of the hunt has that distance or high enough roof to shoot a slow bow that far.

And of course the most important reason of all that they shoot what they shoot is number 4 ....... Because the bows and equipment that the pros shoot are given to them free from their sponsors and if they want to keep their sponsors they darned well better shoot their bows.

In your 100 yard test (make that 100 meters), perhaps you might want to invite Darrell Pace along just to get a real good comparison between the accuracy of a super hopped-up compound vs. a recurve in the hands of a guy that puts most of his emphasis on himself rather than the speed of his equipment.

• Like 4

You know, I was going to reply, but Doc hit the nail on the head, no reason for me to extrapolate. Thank you Doc.

Doe and Culver have it right with the distance stuff.

In conclusion (for me) to you NFA, Nana Nana Boo Boo Stick Your Head In Doo Doo

If that doesnt make you laugh, your sense of humor sucks lol

OK so shooting downhill is the same as shooting level OK SURE... You are smart... And shooting a 80 yard shot at lets say 50 yards above your target is the same as shooting 50 yards level sure... Again no one said you hicks were smart... In so far as shooting down hill ahh yes the gravitaional effect is dif. Why because again gravity will not affect the arrow as much when shooting downhill, will it have the same pull ahh yes you are so smart in figuring that out but guese what if you shoot directy down gravity will not change your shot and you will use the same pin if you are 10 feet or 1000 feet above it go figure that one out in your little minds...

In so far as accuracy well I will just give up on that with you all. Yes I understand if you set up 2 bows at 60 yards they will both hit the target, yet a faster bow is as you put it less forgiving but guese what that equates to better accuracy especially for you guys who shoot at 30 yards from your tree stand 2 weeks before hunting and say ok time to put the bow away till the season starts...You all seem to think a slow shooting arrow will be just as good long distance as a fast one, well prove it... Again I am willing to prove my point.

Is a faster arrow better at long distance shots for accuracy that is the original question and it is not based on just forgiveness of the arrow speed. Speed, archer practice and knowing trajectory is what makes a good archer yes and a faster arrow is more forgiving overall but guese what that equates to a better or shall I say smaller margin for error making the archer more effective and guese what MORE ACCURATE... Does not mean a faster shooting arrow is better it is just like you said more forgiving...=better accuracy...

Get your best archer, I would like a expert if possible to prove my point on a none bias bases... We will set up a range of 5 targets at varied ranges with one pin on both bows. lets say we sight in at 50 yards for the one pin. We will have the expert shoot his bow at 300 fps at 5 targest past 40 yards up to 85 yards then do the same with a bow that shoots 100fps slower and come up with a accuracy report... Again no set distances or range finders...

This was copied directy from that link thanks!!! You prove my points...

"In the case of the Uphill Shot (a), what distance should the shooter use? Many archers give answers like "since it's uphill, just a little over 20 yards" while others give the answer "just a little under 20 yards". The correct answer is 10 yards. Even though the target is a full 20 yards away, the effect of gravity only acts during the horizontal travel component of the arrow. Now, for the tricky one: what distance should the shooter in the tree stand use? The answer is 7 ft. Again, gravity only affects the arrow over its horizontal travel of 7 feet. Most bows shoot fast enough so that there is negligible difference between a 7 ft shot and a 21 ft shot. But if we changed the distances in a downhill shot to a total distance of 210 feet (70 yards) and a horizontal distance of 70 ft (23 yards), the archers who aim this shot a little over or under 70 yards will not only miss, but probably end up losing an arrow.

The curious point, and the one that is counter-intuitive to many people, is this: no matter whether you are shooting uphill, downhill, or level, correct for gravity based on the horizontal distance between you and the target."

I will give you all a few hours or days to dwell on that one... You might want to reread the article it explains the gravitational effect better. And no a arrow shot downhill is not the same as a level shot or a uphill shot proven by this article...

Another quote:

"Well, now you know why uphill/downhill shots are different from horizontal shots and each other. We've got a good start but you've seen having the horizontal distance to the spot is only part of the equation. Factors such as arrow speed and drag also play an important part."

http://www.kingsmountainarchers.org/tips/angle-shots.html

And no a wb change alone will not be very helpfull at long distances but if you remove that, change your arrow and tighten your limbs, remove silencers and do a few other things you can get better at longer distances...

And WNYBUCKHunter lmao whats the matter Skippy no new insults is this getting to complicated for you? I only started this because of you dont let me down now!!! Again I will give you all a few days to try to understand the article and how gravity effects arrow trajectory. Otherwise just like a cross bow is not a bow in my mind, guese what a straighter shooting trajectory over long distances is more accurate in my mind... Yall just keep thinking the way you do...

http://www.archersadvantage.com/TipSheets/UpDownHill.htm

May be this will explain it better... Might want to read the last part if this page!!!

Another direct quote supporting faster bow accuracy...

Why do you adjust more for slow bows vs. fast bows? Because with a slow bow you must aim higher (larger Drop Angle) to compensate for arrow drop. The larger the Drop Angle, the more speed you lose for uphill shots as shown in the calculations above.

AAPalm compensates for all of these factors when adjusting for uphill/downhill shots. Without this tool, only experience shooting on demanding uphill/downhill ranges can prepare you for the challenges of competition.

Are you an absloute freaking idiot or what? Read what we posted you dope. no one said it is the same shooting downhill/uphill as it is on the horizontal. your point of as is the horizontal leg of the triangle REGARDLESS of the distance above or below the target. Oh my God how did you comprehend enough to pass the hunters safety course.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

You know, I was going to reply, but Doc hit the nail on the head, no reason for me to extrapolate. Thank you Doc.

Doe and Culver have it right with the distance stuff.

In conclusion (for me) to you NFA, Nana Nana Boo Boo Stick Your Head In Doo Doo

If that doesnt make you laugh, your sense of humor sucks lol

Lmao ... :lol: :lol: ..Worked on me

I will agree that a faster bow shoots flatter.

I wont agree that a faster bow is more accurate or that shooting a target 30 yards away from a tree from a treestand, is the same as shooting 10 yards.

Glad to see you have a good sense of humor ncountry! :)

Bu.but..but...WHAT IF it was a REALLY tall tree?

• Like 1

that second video was long but i like that one

I enjoyed that one too. I never see any coverage on the olympics archery competitions. The networks simply ignore that as a sport. It was great to see some in-depth video of these people who are expert shooters. Some of them are simply "shooting machines".

Simply put yes a faster arrow is more forgiving at longer distances, yes. Ncountry Thanks!!!

Most people get confused with the faster bow's being less accurate when in most cases people who shoot them and can not get good grouping like to rely on this to say I DON"T NEED A FASTER BOW because they are not as accurate. Guese what accuracy is depenant on the shooter not the bow.

SO to prove my point you can lock 2 bows in place and shoot both at 150 yards one at 100 fps slower. This locking of both bows will prevent shooter mistakes...Then tell me wich one does better on a day with high humidity and light winds at 150 yards. You need to check out something called arrow drift and arc and arrow flight times...

In so far as some kid shooting long distance, I don't even need to see it, what does that have to do with anything here. SO he is a good shot, bet if you gave him a faster bow he would shoot even farther and more accurate... Never said long distance was impossible...

I am willing to bet the person who is the best at the shoot has a bow that is around 300 fps or better...

PS: MY 10 Pin goes out to 20 yards... I only have a 10-30-40 pin... Sorry did not mean to throw you off...

And Yes a flatter shooting trajectory is what I am talking about Culver Creek. And compairing a bullet to a arrow is hard. But since you brought it up a flater shooting bullet is easery to calculate yes... Is it more accurate not neccesarily but again bullets are a lot dif than arrrows. And accuracy is more depenant on the shooter, and yes one person said shooting up was the same as shooting down... I did read the post, you might want to back a page...

The problem with many "faster bow" was they were very unforgiving making them seem less accurate due to poor archer form, over bow and just plain old bad shooting... Does this make them less accurate, no. But it causes many archers to feel that way because they can not shoot them accurately...

Try a new bow from 2012 they are extremly forgiving and have made more people start to shoot better at longer distances.

And yes I was arguing just for the hell of it... BUT HE STARTED IT!!! LOL now that should get at least a chuckle out of some of you, including WNYBUCKhunter... All kiding aside and joking and poking fun over with for now, sorry for calling you all hicks but I consider myself one, I just live in da city!!! Looking forward to seeing you all at the range!!! Let the trash talk begin!!!

If I am shooting a 70 lb bow with the lighest carbon arrow I will say it is faster than

another type setup. It may even get you a deer when you mis judge the distance i.e 35 yards it seems and the buck is at 40 yards...but there is also so many trade off, you may not be able as the archer to draw, hold and get a clean release, than the outcome can be a total miss. A bow setup for a most forgiving setup for the archer may be the best way to go, in my case a 50 to 60 bow set at 29 inch draw, 56 lbs peak weight, 400 spine shafts bemen, 2 inch BH vanes and 100 grain point. Bow has kisser,peep 1/4, silencers,and d-loop on the string. The + for this set up is I can hold as a deer walks on tru and still be able to see in low light due to the size of the peep. Can I miss, sure can as if I miss judge the distance, but for me I let them walk if over 25 yards...I also use to say for uphill or downhill they are not the same as your head position changes. If the angle is very bad up I add 5 yards, if down hill I take 5 yards off and this seems to work for me in the 3d's.