arrow rest.

Red

i have a Ripcord Code Red, I love it, other than the fact if you slack up any or let down the rest falls. But hey you shouldn't be doing that anyways. I feel its really helped my shooting. I've went from high 300's to low 400's since the switch, but i have also shot more so its tough to tell.

The WB will cost only 2-3fps and its a consistant loss so it doesnt make anything less easy to calculate. If your setup is tuned properly, the type of rest you use makes no difference in accuracy.

I disagree, a faster shooting arrow is easyer to calculate at longer distances. Sorry. Plain and simple the faster the trajectory the less drop making long distance shooting more effective. But believe what you want skippy.

How is it easier to calculate if the arrow is going the same speed on each shot? You can calculate drop on an arrow going 200fps just as easily as you can calculate on an arrow going 300fps. The drop will be different, but is figured out the same way. :rolleyes:

Mabe you should try shooting both a 200 fps and a 300 fps at 60 yards and see which one is easyer to shoot long distance... Otherwise just keep living in your world skippy...

Mabe you should try shooting both a 200 fps and a 300 fps at 60 yards and see which one is easyer to shoot long distance... Otherwise just keep living in your world skippy...

Lets see, my last bow shot @ 225fps, I could shoot out to 60 yards once sighted in. My current bow shoots 297fps, and once sighted in, I shoot out to 60 yards just fine. My new bow shoots much flatter out there than my old one did, but once you get either one sighted in, either will do it. I still dont see why its any easier or more consistent to calculate drop based on arrow speed.

Lets see, my last bow shot @ 225fps, I could shoot out to 60 yards once sighted in. My current bow shoots 297fps, and once sighted in, I shoot out to 60 yards just fine. My new bow shoots much flatter out there than my old one did, but once you get either one sighted in, either will do it. I still dont see why its any easier or more consistent to calculate drop based on arrow speed.

OK so lets see your groups... And how about you tune that one bow down to 200 fps and then see how easy it is to shoot. Again lets see you prove it, bet I can prove my point... My MQ1 shoot about 245 fps I am willing to purchase a new bow and test how accurate both are at 60 yards... Bet I shoot better with a fast shooting arrow... But again you will just say " both are the same" so again live in your world skippy, and ps if skippy bothers you don't use it with other people... Otherwise that is your nick name from now on...

Real easy to say on the internet I can shot bull's at 60 yards with a bow shooting 200 fps... Sure you can skippy.

NFA---lookk at some of the long range target set ups. They are typically not high poundage and high speed....why...because they are easier to hold and more consistent to shoot. Many of the high poundage target bows are barely breaking the 300fps mark. They are not concerned with penetration so heavy arrows at fast speed means nothing. accuracy is in the consistency and that is easier to achieve at lower poundage

OK so lets see your groups... And how about you tune that one bow down to 200 fps and then see how easy it is to shoot. Again lets see you prove it, bet I can prove my point... My MQ1 shoot about 245 fps I am willing to purchase a new bow and test how accurate both are at 60 yards... Bet I shoot better with a fast shooting arrow... But again you will just say " both are the same" so again live in your world skippy, and ps if skippy bothers you don't use it with other people... Otherwise that is your nick name from now on...

Real easy to say on the internet I can shot bull's at 60 yards with a bow shooting 200 fps... Sure you can skippy.

Honestly, I think you are completely missing the point here. You said it is harder to calculate a shot with a slower bow, when in actuality it is no different of a process. Like I said the faster bow will shoot flatter, thats all. I did plenty of 50 and 60 yard shooting with my old bow on the range and 3D course, and was able to make the shots. Does my current bow shoot flatter? Sure. Is it more accurate? No. Its not the bow that makes you more accurate, its form and practice.

BTW, going on what you originally said about the WB being less accurate because it slows down your arrow, do you really think 2-3 fps is going to make any difference at all?

As far as the skippy stuff goes, it doesnt bother me at all. I do think its funny that you are so unoriginal that you had to copy me instead of think for yourself. Not too surprising though.

OK so a arrow that drops 3 feet after 60 yards at 61 yards is easy to calculate and the arrow that drops only a half inch is going to be the same easy calculation? What about when you shoot at 57 yards? Not so easy to predict due to larger drop with slower arrow.

Yea it's easy to sight a 60 yard pin on any bow, yet when shooting a variety of distances a flater trajectory has less drop making the calculations easer. In so far as a LIGHT bow shooting 300 fps, well 300 fps is pretty dam fast if the bow is turned down making it easer to shoot and still shooting 300 fps that is a lot faster than the 200 fps bow and will be easyer to shoot that long distance. And the reason they tune it down is because they shoot a lot and can not hold heavy poundage all day AND be accurate...

No one ever accused you hicks of being smart so I will just leave it at that... Ok skippy... Original enough?

OK so a arrow that drops 3 feet after 60 yards at 61 yards is easy to calculate and the arrow that drops only a half inch is going to be the same easy calculation? What about when you shoot at 57 yards? Not so easy to predict due to larger drop with slower arrow.

Well I guess for a guy like you that only throws a few arrows before stepping into the woods and doesn't really put in any real practice....I could understand how it would seem difficult

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

Well I guess for a guy like you that only throws a few arrows before stepping into the woods and doesn't really put in any real practice....I could understand how it would seem difficult

Yea right and you know this because you know me so well. I shoot 2 -3 times a week year round... That is why I know wtf I am talking about...

We will have a shoot in less than 2 weeks I am willing to show you what I am talking about if we can do a long distance thier. See how well you all shoot when I turn down your bow to 200 fps at varied distances... But just like this bs discussion I am willing no one will take my challenge...

I think Culver got it right. Like I said , its about practice and form, not how flat your bow shoots.

You said its harder to calculate, not its flatter shooting. The calculation process is exactly the same no matter what speed the bow shoots, the amount of drop over distance with different speed bows is different. Those are two different things, but I wouldnt expect you to get that, as you seem incapable of admitting you are wrong about anything at all.

BTW, getting back to WB vs drop away, how much difference do you thing 2-3 fps is going to make? This will be my 3rd time asking, but you will probably just ignore it like you have been.

Oh, and getting back to you about my groups, I dont shoot groups, I shoot spots. Here is a pic I took while practicing last fall just before season started. 30 yards out of a tree stand, full hunting gear, 5 consecutive arrows.

2011-10-11_18-33-51_694.jpg

Id say thats just fine.

Well you keep practicing. Why you would be practicing with it at 200fps is beyond me but hey...have at it. When it warms up and we get out of this really tough winter here in upstate hicksville...swing up. We can shoot 50's from anywhere from 10-70 yards...your call. I promise to leave you enough to make the trip back to the big city...Yall get back to me...hear

... That is why I know wtf I am talking about...

Clearly you don't know wtf you are talking about. Speed has nothing to do with accuracy. You are arguing about arrow drop, who gives a poop about how much an arrow drops as long as it finds it mark. How many fps do you think Olympic archers shoot? I am pretty sure you are arguing for the sake of arguing here.

If you want less arrow drop, shoot a lighter arrow. And when did it become hard to figure out you have to hold high or low if you are at an odd yardage? It surely ain't rockect science.

Out of all of the things that have an influence on accuracy, how fast an arrow travels is not one of them.

I think Culver got it right. Like I said , its about practice and form, not how flat your bow shoots.

You said its harder to calculate, not its flatter shooting. The calculation process is exactly the same no matter what speed the bow shoots, the amount of drop over distance with different speed bows is different. Those are two different things, but I wouldnt expect you to get that, as you seem incapable of admitting you are wrong about anything at all.

BTW, getting back to WB vs drop away, how much difference do you thing 2-3 fps is going to make? This will be my 3rd time asking, but you will probably just ignore it like you have been.

Oh, and getting back to you about my groups, I dont shoot groups, I shoot spots. Here is a pic I took while practicing last fall just before season started. 30 yards out of a tree stand, full hunting gear, 5 consecutive arrows.

2011-10-11_18-33-51_694.jpg

Id say thats just fine.

That is some good shooting.

I used to use a WB but it messed up my fletchings. I also wanted zero arrow contact for league night. I switched to a QAD Ultra Rest HD and I have never looked back. I did have a small problem with my new Hoyt. When the rest dropped down it would slap my riser and make noise. Some rubber padding underneath fixed that.