New pickup thoughts?

First-light

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Eventually all the truck will be aluminum.  The only reason they arnt now is because ford has a lock on all the aluminum.  Chevy will be next ,at least as of last year they will be next . 

Lot of the GM is already aluminum 

As Is on the Chrysler’s..

There are thousands of aluminum trucks on the road .. UPS , FEdX, many tractor trailers , planes, boats , mail trucks etc

Edited by luberhill

3 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Lot of the GM is already aluminum 

As I’d done on the Chrysler’s..

There are thousands of aluminum trucks on the road .. UPS , FEdX, many tractor trailers , planes, boats , mail trucks etc

Jeep wrangler was supposed to be all aluminum, so much that the tooling was built for aluminum, only to find out they couldn't source any aluminum. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

this is one of my top 5 all time favorite shows - they did a truck test

That was a cool show, thanks for posting.  Not really a huge surprise to see Chevy win America's toughest truck, over a newer Dodge and an older Ford. 

I never owned a Dodge.  My only Ford is an old tractor, that was likely designed by Henry himself, back in the 1930's.  My wife's previous mini-van was a Ford.  She traded that in on new Toyota, shortly after it's alternator started on fire.

10 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

What story? A fuel coil failed. The Toyota/Lexus HQ in Japan had their engineers inquire about what happened as it was the first time ever it failed in my model car. They take great care in delivering the best end product they can and customer care is #1. I have no issues and will likely continue to buy more of them

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

The customer service with Toyota is why I won’t switch to anything else .I had a dealer screw me pretty good ,didn’t want to pay for body damage that was actually their fault .Toyota ended up doing the repair on their dime .Can’t say the same for GM.

The customer service with Toyota is why I won’t switch to anything else .I had a dealer screw me pretty good ,didn’t want to pay for body damage that was actually their fault .Toyota ended up doing the repair on their dime .Can’t say the same for GM.
I was just amazed the Japanese engineers were calling the dealership to ask me more questions to help them figure out what caused the minor part to fail. It was amazing

https://www.instagram.com/thejerkman

#JerkmanCustoms
#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

Im a tier one supplier for Chrysler so that’s the only reason I ran these s##t box wannabe trucks .

so you supplied inferior products to Chrysler?  Or it Sounds like you were dumped for inferior products. 

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Im a tier one supplier for Chrysler so that’s the only reason I ran these s##t box wannabe trucks .

so you supplied inferior products to Chrysler?  Or it Sounds like you were dumped for inferior products. 

Ahh no, I supply tooling , hi quality tooling , trouble is they don’t know how to produce good parts that fall into spec!

And their QC will accept anything as good.

Ford kicks back anything that isn’t to tolerance …

Chrysler lets junk slide right thru 

Edited by luberhill

22 hours ago, luberhill said:

Im a tier one supplier for Chrysler so that’s the only reason I ran these s##t box wannabe trucks 

Sound like your supplying sub par parts.

I'm thinking your pissed because Chrysler dumped you for a better product. 

7 minutes ago, mowin said:

Sound like your supplying sub par parts.

I'm thinking your pissed because Chrysler dumped you for a better product. 

First off the word you are looking for is spelled “ you’re” not “your “ when using it the way you mean.

Second, nobody “dumped” me for anything . I continue to supply all the big three perishable tooling .

The tools are made in the US hi quality hi performance tooling .

Its THEIR manufacturing that is sub par !

Try hard to grasp the concept , I supply TOOLING not PARTS..

The tooling is the top name and or names in the world .

Their lack of QC is the issue..

Edited by luberhill

2 minutes ago, luberhill said:

First off the word you are looking for is spelled “ you’re” not “your “ when using it the way you mean.

Second, nobody “dumped” me for anything . I continue to supply all the big three perishable tooling .

The tools are made in the US hi quality hi performance tooling .

Its THEIR manufacturing that is sub par !

Then why would you supply sub par products to all the big 3?  One you support above the other?  

11 minutes ago, WNYTRPR said:

I’ve had 2 tundras and 2 4 runners in 10 years (own the 4Runner and tundra together )Have not been to a dealer for one defect or recall in 10 years ,besides brakes ,tires ,oil change .

So you didn’t take them in for any of the recalls ?

Because there sure as hell have been recalls on the Tundra and 4 runner !

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Then why would you supply sub par products to all the big 3?  One you support above the other?  

Man you can comprehend can ya ?

I supply the same brand tooling to all three.. they manufacture the parts .

They make the sub par parts ..the tooling is the perishable tooling .

It has nothing to do with Chrysler producing junk.

That’s on them and their lack of QC 

3 minutes ago, luberhill said:

So you didn’t take them in for any of the recalls ?

Because there sure as hell have been recalls on the Tundra and 4 runner !

No I haven’t .I’ll look into it .never have much time to sit at a dealer waiting for work to be done ,hence why I didn’t go with a Ford 
:)

1 minute ago, mowin said:

Your admiting you product is inferior, but blame it on the people you're selling it to.

I give up … I can’t explain any better to someone that has zero knowledge of the manufacturing process..

Again it’s the SAME tooling supplied to all the big three…

They lack the skill to produce good parts .

1 minute ago, luberhill said:

Man you can comprehend can ya ?

I supply the same brand tooling to all three.. they manufacture the parts .

They make the sub par parts ..the tooling is the perishable tooling .

It has nothing to do with Chrysler producing junk.

That’s on them and their lack of QC 

Really.. you make and supply components to the big three, but only the ones you supply to Ram are inferior.  

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

No I haven’t .I’ll look into it .never have much time to sit at a dealer waiting for work to be done ,hence why I didn’t go with a Ford 
:)

So grasp this … Ford produces and sells almost a million trucks a year .

Toyota a little over 100,000

Suck on that awhile 

20 minutes ago, luberhill said:

Ahh no, I supply tooling , hi quality tooling , trouble is they don’t know how to produce good parts that fall into spec!

And their QC will accept anything as good.

Ford kicks back anything that isn’t to tolerance …

Chrysler lets junk slide right thru 

What kind of tooling?