Why post political stuff?

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Going carbon neutral will not solve the problem I’m afraid , because no matter what energy source is relied upon , their will be inexorable environmental issues associated with it. Solar and wind are inexhaustible but grossly in adequate; moreover , they’re are aesthetic issues with wind that I’m sure you’re aware of. Going carbon neutral is a noble objective , but must be reached gradually and without deleteriously impacting the economy . 
And trust me , even republicans want clean air and clean water ; I believe they just object to environmental regs being used as a cudgel ( at times ) to impede  Devpt and improvement in cases where it’s warranted , and perhaps , vital. 

Well aware of the challenges with all energy sources, I often wonder if we don't add some more nuke plants. However, the renewed focus on coal was not ok. Pandering to big oil and off shore drilling, fracking are more problematic than some of the issues with solar and wind. Hell, if anything we should be decreasing our reliance on middle eastern oil. They'll be left with nothing!

But yes it should be a long term plan. Trump's administration pandered to a dying industry for really no reason. Additional focus on our grid and storage is important. I actually like california's idea of forcing solar to roofing. That doesn't take up fields or lands and uses "useless" space. While I know there are issues there too, we need to stop looking for the perfect solution.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belo said:

Some people truly are idiots. To quote Grouse, you can have an opinion, but it should be well informed by facts, research and evidence. 

I find it ironic that you accused Grouse of being offensive And insulting in a previous post , yet you used insulting Language yourself in this one when describing people who believe that there was election fraud as “idiots”.  A bit of hypocrisy there , don’t you think ?

3 hours ago, Belo said:

Well aware of the challenges with all energy sources, I often wonder if we don't add some more nuke plants. However, the renewed focus on coal was not ok. Pandering to big oil and off shore drilling, fracking are more problematic than some of the issues with solar and wind. Hell, if anything we should be decreasing our reliance on middle eastern oil. They'll be left with nothing!

But yes it should be a long term plan. Trump's administration pandered to a dying industry for really no reason. Additional focus on our grid and storage is important. I actually like california's idea of forcing solar to roofing. That doesn't take up fields or lands and uses "useless" space. While I know there are issues there too, we need to stop looking for the perfect solution.

Ask Texans about wind power for energy !

While the US is being "Green", the rest of the world is doubling down on fossil fuel for power, especially China, you know that Country that uses slave labor and the dying fossil fuel industry to make most of the products they sell on Amazon !

You would like the idea of forcing serfs to comply with using energy sources that are proven to be worse for the environment in the long run, but I'm sure Kali would take you in with open arms, as long as your wallet is open as well.

I guess Biden isn't pandering to Putin by giving his approval to build a gas pipeline to Germany ?

Can I get a side of collusion fries with that traitor sandwich please ?

Maybe Russia will hire the Keystone pipeline workers that Biden laid off ?

Is your mouth big enough to fit both of your feet ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

I find it ironic that you accused Grouse of being offensive And insulting in a previous post , yet you used insulting Language yourself in this one when describing people who believe that there was election fraud as “idiots”.  A bit of hypocrisy there , don’t you think ?

not at all. There are controversial topics that have facts supporting both sides of the argument. I listed a bunch of examples.

Election fraud is a bunch or whiney q-anon morons with zero reliable evidence to support their stance. I use the term idiot for these people just like I will for those who believe the moon landing was fake or the earth is flat.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

not at all. There are controversial topics that have facts supporting both sides of the argument. I listed a bunch of examples.

Election fraud is a bunch or whiney q-anon morons with zero reliable evidence to support their stance. I use the term idiot for these people just like I will for those who believe the moon landing was fake or the earth is flat.

Youre making alot of assumptions about people who hold a belief based on credible evidence that you do not share. I believe-as  do MANY on this forum- that there truly was election fraud;  however, I  do NOT believe in either the Q Anon conspiracy or that the moon landing was fake. I repeat: you accused Grouse of being demeaning in a post in which he clearly was not and then subsequently, submit a post that IS unequivocally demeaning and offensive-That is hypocrisy in my book.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

Youre making alot of assumptions about people who hold a belief based on credible evidence that you do not share. I believe-as  do MANY on this forum- that there truly was election fraud;  however, I  do NOT believe in either the Q Anon conspiracy or that the moon landing was fake. I repeat: you accused Grouse of being demeaning in a post in which he clearly was not and then subsequently, submit a post that IS unequivocally demeaning and offensive-That is hypocrisy in my book.

Who the hell is more demeaning on this forum than Grouse??  I can't think of anyone.  He thinks he knows it all and thinks he has all the "facts" and anyone who might have a different view is immediately accused of being a lefty.  He is full of $hit and full of himself and nothing more (how is that for being demeaning?).  I can guarantee you that he is one of the biggest reasons that the traffic on this forum is getting less and less.   People are tired of constantly seeing his bull$hit posts around here.

Edited by steve863
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Who the hell is more demeaning on this forum than Grouse??  I can't think of anyone.  He thinks he knows it all and thinks he has all the "facts" and anyone who might have a different view is immediately accused of being a lefty.  He is full of $hit and full of himself and nothing more (how is that for being demeaning?).  I can guarantee you that he is one of the biggest reasons that the traffic on this forum is getting less and less.   People are tired of constantly seeing his bull$hit posts around here.

There are alot of members on here who think they know it all; based on Belos' post here , I wonder if he hes not one of them. What you say about Grouse may or not be true, btw, but what I'm saying is, the post that Belo was specifically referring to was NOT demeaning in any way AND, he turns around and submits a post that is CLEARLY demeaning himself while complaining about Grouses !! Hypocritical and wrong- I dont support anyone when theyre wrong-even those whom I may mostly agree withpolitically-  and I will cetainly call out people who attack others for conduct that they themselves engage in. 

Edited by Northcountryman

People always claim my statements are wrong, even when I back them up with sources.  They become offended when they cannot refute them, and some of them go so far as to call for me to be banned from the site, in order to silence opposition they cannot refute.  It's cancel culture, plain and simple.

They should learn not to raise their blood pressure and work on improving their rebuttals.  The fact they rise to anger so quickly proves they are not mature enough to debate civilly.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

People always claim my statements are wrong, even when I back them up with sources.  They become offended when they cannot refute them, and some of them go so far as to call for me to be banned from the site, in order to silence opposition they cannot refute.  It's cancel culture, plain and simple.

They should learn not to raise their blood pressure and work on improving their rebuttals.  The fact they rise to anger so quickly proves they are not mature enough to debate civilly.

You've received over a year's worth of (free) remedial lessons on this board. If you're unable to expand your position or at least adjust based on irrefutable facts/events, well then it's unreasonable to expect that folks are going to want to keep spoon feeding you.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Grouse said:

As the old saying goes "The Truth Hurts"

Al

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, steve863 said:

it's a shame that we finally got rid of papsmear and grouse just filled his place. Maybe even the same guy.

23 minutes ago, Grouse said:

bro... you sourced the Washington examiner and the western journal... if you don't see the issue there, then there's no point in continuing this conversation. The fact that you do believe that there was election fraud to the level that the election was stolen speaks volumes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Belo said:

it's a shame that we finally got rid of papsmear and grouse just filled his place. Maybe even the same guy.

No, it's not papsmear.  More likely Mr VJP/Rattler.  Go back and check. Rattler left with fanfare on 8/11/20 and Grouse's diarrhea started on 9/6/20 and hasn't stopped since.  He was signed up and made sporadic posts on the forum since 2012 but no reason one person can't have different accounts via different devices.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, steve863 said:

No, it's not papsmear.  More likely Mr VJP/Rattler.  Go back and check. Rattler left with fanfare on 8/11/20 and Grouse's diarrhea started on 9/6/20 and hasn't stopped since.  He was signed up and made sporadic posts on the forum since 2012 but no reason one person can't have different accounts via different devices.

ahh i forgot about my buddy rattler. at least phantom *cough* stormy *cough* toned it down upon his revival. 

Edited by Belo

10 hours ago, Belo said:

bro... you sourced the Washington examiner and the western journal... if you don't see the issue there, then there's no point in continuing this conversation. The fact that you do believe that there was election fraud to the level that the election was stolen speaks volumes. 

Yet, some here Quote left leaning new sources that blatantly lie, have paid millions in libel/defamation suits over the years and still hire Reporters/Journalists that outright lie.

The fact that after all of the evidence that proves there was election fraud in almost every key state, at the state and federal level and you deny it, speaks volumes about you too.

The fact that when evidence is provided and the people that supply the evidence are threatened with being banned or silenced, speaks volumes too.

If your so frustrated, just scroll by the political section instead of clicking on it.

• Like 3

Why post politics I guess this is why .

IT DIDN'T START WITH GAS CHAMBERS. IT STARTED WITH ONE PARTY CONTROLLING THE MEDIA. ONE PARTY CONTROLLING THE MESSAGE. ONE PARTY DECIDING WHAT IS TRUTH. ONE PARTY CENSORING SPEECH AND SILENCING OPPOSITION. ONE PARTY DIVIDING CITIIZENS INTO US "AND THEM" AND CALLING ON THEIR SUPPORTERS TO HARASS THEM "IT STARTED WHEN GOOD PEOPLE TURNED A BLIND EYE AND LET IT HAPPEN.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

Yet, some here Quote left leaning new sources that blatantly lie, have paid millions in libel/defamation suits over the years and still hire Reporters/Journalists that outright lie.

The fact that after all of the evidence that proves there was election fraud in almost every key state, at the state and federal level and you deny it, speaks volumes about you too.

The fact that when evidence is provided and the people that supply the evidence are threatened with being banned or silenced, speaks volumes too.

If your so frustrated, just scroll by the political section instead of clicking on it.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/26/2021 at 11:12 AM, Belo said:

bro... you sourced the Washington examiner and the western journal... if you don't see the issue there, then there's no point in continuing this conversation. The fact that you do believe that there was election fraud to the level that the election was stolen speaks 

Well without Universal voter ID there's no way to know for sure if the election was stolen or not if Ihad to bet on it i would say odds are it was stolen . Just by looking at the numbers Biden got at his rallies compared to what Trump had it's hard to imagine he won legitimately . If you remember Trump got huge rallies when he was running against Hillary to and that one he won . 

They had 4 years to plan the cheat .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 2