DEC just passed the proposed 5 changes for 2021

sbuff

I hope all the “Bow” guys that were whining and crying about Xbow’s in “Their” season enjoy all those guns in the woods first.         Karma!

Was that nice? Make meat my friend..MAKE MEAT!!!
The saying is,
If you teach a man to fish you feed him for life.
Not “if you teach a man to fondle bone, he love bone!”
I kid! Have a great season 4SW!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dis like of the 30 before and 30 after stems from non responsible hunters verifying their target.  We have reports now of hunters being shot, I pray those statistics don't rise . I watched a man pull up and raise his gun on an uncle at closing about 25 years ago due to not knowing his target.  Thankfully after a loud yell and blowing the guts out of my whistle nothing transpired.  Could orange have helped,  maybe.  More importantly this hunter failed the golden rule of knowing your target and what is beyond it .

Do I think for most of us we are safe hunters. I sure do. But it only takes one mistake that you can't take back.

Let's all be safe, enjoy these woods and have fun making memories . That's what its all about .

Let's be real. 

The 30 min rule was archaic and not based on data; it's based on emotions and empirical stories. Being the only state east of the Mississippi that didn't allow this showed just how flawed NY was/is.

NY had no blaze orange and the legal sunrise/set rule and was really no more or less safe than other states, even with expansion of rifles and what not.

They could have easily extended the 30 min rule and not BO and still been as statistically safe as peer states. I am familiar with not being able to put toothpaste back into the tube once it is out, esp when it comes to human life, but decisions are largely made on macro levels/big picture. Risk Management's goal is to manage risk, not eliminate it. If you eliminated risk, we wouldn't be allowed to do anything, ever. Just like in business - if you eliminate risk, you eliminate sales and revenue. 

Is what it is. I've got my green pins ready to go....and those light gathering scopes! 

Edited by phade

14 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Yes the way they did it freaking stupid. Show me any other hunting regulations that each county’s has to Opt into? What’s regulations next will have county’s opting into and out of? It’s a stupid can of worms they opened.

Agreed the way they went out about it with counties opting in or out is real dumb, im just happy my 13 year old can hunt.

• Like 2