Treestand Hunter Rescued

fasteddie

On 12/15/2021 at 9:45 PM, kpkot said:

If only I had a third hand...

Thanks to fellow members on this site these are definitely the best investment someone can make if using a climber. They also double as a way to pack the climber when packing out. I will never be without them again:

Amazon.com : Third Hand Treestand Stabilizer Straps : Sports &

Outdoors

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That looks like a great system but I wonder if it was used by someone like me that uses a climber a lot how would you get the climber out of the tree? I can envision falling out, descending to the ground, and unable to get the climber back down unless I am missing something.

That's a problem a lot of dead hunters would've preferred to have and another reason why I prefer to use ladder stands.

Edited by Shoots100

32 minutes ago, Steve D said:

That looks like a great system but I wonder if it was used by someone like me that uses a climber a lot how would you get the climber out of the tree? I can envision falling out, descending to the ground, and unable to get the climber back down unless I am missing something.

Maybe drag a ladder in?

Or a crazy thought; use another climber to go get it?

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

I don't care what kinda treestand it is. If I fell out of it I'd be heading home for a change of underpants. The third hands are definitely a great addition to my climber.

3 hours ago, Steve D said:

Easy peasy to get climber back down.  Go back to vehicle and return to scene of accident with chainsaw! :rofl: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I need to up my game in this department. I just use an old school double loop strap. One loop around the tree, one loop around me. I forgot to grab it the afternoon I shot my opening day buck and sat in a ladder stand strapless. I’m too old to be risky.

I say this with no hyperbole; I think you may be better off falling to the ground. PLEASE upgrade!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I need to up my game in this department. I just use an old school double loop strap. One loop around the tree, one loop around me. I forgot to grab it the afternoon I shot my opening day buck and sat in a ladder stand strapless. I’m too old to be risky.

I just looked around and must've given them all out,but keep an eye on this thread and please upgrade.

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

I just looked around and must've given them all out,but keep an eye on this thread and please upgrade.

I know, I hear you. I do have one I bought which is a cluster f of straps that tangle, don’t hold adjustment, etc. so I don’t use it. Got at least a half dozen of the ones that come with tree stands too. I hunt 50% from a tower box blind or built in box, 25% in a ladder stand, and the rest either still hunting or in ground pop ups. I need to find a good vest-type one for the ladder stand sits.