Affordable

Dom

Now that I have with help from others figured out how to post pictures.What would you suggest for a starter game/trail camera? I am a low budget person no I am not a dead beat just rather start with something that I can practice and learn how to use at an affordable price.

I have bought several brands of cameras and have never spent over $110 for any of them . Phade brought up Moultrie TRACE cameras . I bought 2 for $40 each . They work as well as any TC I have ever had . The opportunity came up to buy a couple more at $ 40 and I grabbed them up . They normally go for $80+ . If you have the opportunity to buy one , they are a real good camera . 

• Like 1

I am thinking about caving and buying a cam or two myself.

Amazon has a Primos for under $50. Not sure how good it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Primos-Trail-Camera-Black-63051/dp/B017WAVIU6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1455334184&sr=8-4&keywords=trail+cams

It's not the caving part I myself do not know how to use this modern tech stuff.$50 is doable 

Dom, bump that up to 100 and get a decent camera. 50 dollar cams are 50 for a reason, except for the very rare deal (Trace cams were an exception and not found for a decent price now).

If you can spend 100 there are much improved options IMO.

• Like 1

Dom, bump that up to 100 and get a decent camera. 50 dollar cams are 50 for a reason, except for the very rare deal (Trace cams were an exception and not found for a decent price now).

If you can spend 100 there are much improved options IMO.

I may even be able to reach 150 But with that price what is the quality of pictures/video?I believe that from what I have read that you pick these up on regular and resell them lets make a deal.

I have had my two tasco 50 dollar cams for 3 years with no problems.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Not sure if you are the blind squirrel or the nut in that analogy, however.

Your experience with those two individual cams is valuable and valid. My experience with that cam is polar opposite. The filter clunk, re-trigger timing, and limited IR range are detractors most people find in that cam.

Of the close to 100 cameras I have owned in the past 12 months, it's not one I would suggest.

Edited by phade

I may even be able to reach 150 But with that price what is the quality of pictures/video?I believe that from what I have read that you pick these up on regular and resell them lets make a deal.

Have you ever owned a game camera before? Do you have a smartphone? Trying to gauge the "simple" level you want/need with the options out there. They really are not that complicated, but there are options out there that do range a bit from caveman to smartphone user level.

• Like 1

No never owned a game camera.Just recently got a smart phone and still learning how to use it.I am mostly looking for information on them at this time so when I do go to purchase one I will know what t look for and questions that I may need to ask when buying thanks for your help.CaveMan out lol!

• Like 2

I have 3 Moultrie I-35 cams . One of them has been left out in Geneseo going on 5 years . Al three work great . I have had a couple of Moultrie cams that crapped out .

I have two Primos CR Truth cams that work and two that are junk. I also have a Primos Truth Cam Ultra that is junk .

You can buy a Lemon with any brand Camera . I could have 5 that work great and you buy one on my advice and it turns out to be a Lemon . Who knows ? It's a crap shoot ! 

• Like 1

I have spypoint that works but it takes half the pictures of one of my coverts. Neither of my coverts work now. I have 2 moultries that work ok for free cameras. I still use my bushnell that is white flash (spot light) had that like 6 yrs. I also have one of those Walmart camera that was given to me and it still works.

I always believe you get what you pay for, most of my free cheap cameras still work.

Edited by Paula
  • Like 1

Phade seems to be the most knowledgeable person on the site in regards to the Game Cameras . He has very good advice and steered me to the Moultrie TRACE cams for which I am grateful .

Yes. If I was going to get another camera I would get one from him.
  • Like 1

I have 3 Moultrie I-35 cams . One of them has been left out in Geneseo going on 5 years . Al three work great . I have had a couple of Moultrie cams that crapped out .

I have two Primos CR Truth cams that work and two that are junk. I also have a Primos Truth Cam Ultra that is junk .

You can buy a Lemon with any brand Camera . I could have 5 that work great and you buy one on my advice and it turns out to be a Lemon . Who knows ? It's a crap shoot ! 

Yes, and you demonstrate that very much - those I-35s are often regarded as some of the worst cams ever made. But you are getting good lifespan out of them that is for sure!

I am thinking about caving and buying a cam or two myself.

Amazon has a Primos for under $50. Not sure how good it is.

http://www.amazon.com/Primos-Trail-Camera-Black-63051/dp/B017WAVIU6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1455334184&sr=8-4&keywords=trail+cams

Careful, Amazon is the devil, according to Dom.

X-Calibur Lighting Systems

http://facebook.com/XCaliburLightingSystems