Skunk Video

He and his buddies can turn your yard into a cultivated, seed-ready food plot over night if they feel like it. They're also pretty good at breaking up parties when you least expect it if it you have a clueless guest who says, "Heeere kitty, kitty, kitty!" ;-]

I piss behind the shed sometimes towards this hole where a groundhog used to live, but now I think the skunk lives. That probably messed him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I piss behind the shed sometimes towards this hole where a groundhog used to live, but now I think the skunk lives. That probably messed him up

They're one critter that's able to effectively shoot back Biz. Be vewy, vewy careful at night after a few 'pops'.

• Like 3

I'll rewind to highschool. Checking traps before school I caught a skunk in a leghold trap. Didn't take the .22 that day so I thought a quick dispatch with the back of my trapping hatchet would be a good idea. Snuck up on him and went to give him a lights out thwack when the bastid jumped up rear legs over his back and hit me square in the face from point blank. I didn't know they could do that. So that year: my yearbook that year had many a comments about smelling like a skunk and Brut (hey the cologne of a highschooler back then) Nobody has ever accused me of being bright

• Like 1

On August 5, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thought about a rock. Can't shoot in Westchester

Years ago, my old room mate called me to let me know that there was a skunk on the front step. No big deal to most, but this kid was a big yuppie ( guys my age will know what the term  "YUPPIE"  means).  The skunk was living under the front step. My room mate  was freaking out. Long story short, he ended up shooting it, right on the side of the step, with my .22.  The house stunk for weeks……………….I think my yuppie room mate was scared for life…He moved to California…Go figure :taunt:

• Like 2

On 7/30/2016 at 5:32 AM, ny hunter said:

He is looking for a good spot to raise a family bro...................LOL

Maybe looking for grubs?

I've had them rooting around on my front lawn.  Had the 10/22 loaded and hanging out the bedroom window at 3am.  Chickened out.......... :)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
Years ago, I shot one with my .44 Ruger SB while he was up the hill. Little did I think that cooler air drops downward.

yep, stunk up the entire cottage area that evening!!!

Lol I shot one on my grandmother's bed and breakfast porch one night with my bb gun sprayed the whole porch stunk up the house full of guests....she was not happy

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have one under my trailer now. Comes out after 10ish at night. I'm coming up with a game plan to seal the side he's going in on. I have to make sure the rest of the place is sealed up pretty good. Which it is except for 1 spot. I will have to do this after he leaves at night. This is going to suck. I will do half of it during the day but have the other half prep and ready to go. I plan on tickling his tail as he leaves though, then say cheeseeeeeeee :cheese:....

I also have to seal the hole/home after he leaves. Going to pour Post hole cement in hole with a tad of water. Upon exiting, I will have rags soaking in Bleach/Ammonia and make sure he's detoured from coming back. I also got a lot of xmas lights free that I will string up and have ready for back up. Did I miss anything?