lighted nocks

prowler700

Larry, I like them because it makes it super easy to find my arrow after the shot. I can also see exactly where I hit the target on the range, especially when taking longer shots. I dont think they would be much help in seeing where the deer ran off to. Unless it happened to be sticking in the deer and I was tracking after dark.

I have used several different kinds. I prefer the Firenocks. They are a little pricy but not any more than the lumanocks. You can get a 3 pack from their website for $25.http://shop.firenock.com/Lightning-Nock-L3-G-Series-Standard-Hunting-3-pack-bare-FNLN99.htm I would strongly advise staying away from any nock that requires a magnet to turn on or off. Just another piece that could fail.

I saw a home made video on a Southern Hog Hunt and you could see the hog running off with the arrow in the dark . It made the hog easy to find .

If you get a pass through on a deer , it should make the arrow easier to find . If not , chances are the deer is going to break the arrow shaft running through the brush and you are out an extra $10 .

My POI was about 6" lower at 20 yards. what did you find?

I don't shoot a fast bow (Z-28), mine was about 6" low at 20...but the bottom fell out at 30 and 40. I think the firenock size is just as big of an issue as the weight. They are shorter than the regular H nocks by a small bit...I liked them, but felt it wasn't worth the hassle. I don't want to be practicing with them in the off-season on a 3-d decoy and bust them up...plus I didn't want to retune.

My lighted nocks always seem to go into seed, fert, fuel, etc.. Do you feel a must have or could survive without them, now that u own them.

I got rid of them all last year and didnt hunt with them. I may or may not this year. Like Culver said, they are fluff, certainly not a must have.

I tried them for a short time,The arrows that were pass threws were buried in the leaves couldn't find them,the ones that were not were broken off and laying on the ground .I do not hunt till sunset any more so they would not help me.

i have used them, i mostly hunt afternoons and late in the season by 5:00pm you can't see, i will hunt with a standard arrow knocked and will switch to a (lighted nock) arrow about 30min before it gets dark

had one deer run off with arrow at dusk , got to see exactly where it went thru the rose bushes , was wierd watching light bouncing thru woods and was easy to see arrow sticking up in dead deer rather than following blood trail thru the roses when it was much easier to walk around and right to deer. Missed a shot in a corn field and arrow skitter down 50 - 70 yards, nade arrow east to find, reallt dont think i would of found it otherwise, except in the tire of the tractor in the spring.

I've used the same nocks for 3 years, pass thrus and missed shots, i only use "dead old ones" for practice cause the weight is the same and it gets old shutting em off all the time , the 6 on my bow are for kill shots only and are now going on year 4, deer no 5...