Remedy for Tick Removal

fasteddie

This was sent to me so I copied and pasted it .............

Tick Removal

A nurse discovered a safe, easy way to remove ticks where they automatically withdraw themselves when you follow her simple instructions. Read this one as it could save you from some major problems.

Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your children, or your pets. Give it a try.

Please forward to anyone with children, hunters or dogs; or anyone who even steps outside in summer! A School Nurse has written the info below--good enough to share--and it really works!

“I had a pediatrician tell me what she believes is the best way to remove a tick. This is great because it works in those places where it’s sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers: between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.”

“Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few seconds (15-20); the tick will come out on its own and be stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This technique has worked every time I’ve used it (and that was frequently), and it’s much less traumatic for the patient and easier for me.”

“Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can’t see that this would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor’s wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her back and she couldn’t reach it with tweezers. She used this method and immediately called me back to say, “It worked!”

Thanks Eddie - great post.

Orkin's website states, "The use of alcohol or petroleum jelly should be avoided... as these substances may cause the specimen to regurgitate its food and release more germs into the host’s blood stream.

Liquid soap on a cotton ball seems much more efficient than those damn tweezers.

Edited by MuzzyLoader

Have to wonder if this makes the tick regurgitate like the jelly, etc.? I've never had a problem just pinching them lightly with my fingers (a paper towel in between helps the grip and is good incase the tick is very engorged and ends up popping) and pulling straight and steady back.

I did just buy one of those "tick keys/screws" online for $5, but havent' had a change to use it yet.

http://www.petfooddirect.com/product/2730/Ticked-Off-Tick-Remover-Tool-for-Pets?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=cse

I bought a couple of these and they work great.

Tick Off tick removal tool. After paying the vet $75.00 to pull one off a few years ago. It was the first time I ever saw a tick. They used it and I said heck with paying. I have used it to pull quite a few out people and pets and it is cake. I would worry that the soap might make them spit up in you making it more likely to transmit disease, but I am no scientist. I also would not recommend pinching or using tweezers because you do the same thing and squeeze and they spit into you.

Nasty worthless things...ticks.

Be warned that studies show by doing this method or any other that basically sufficates the tick you cause hte tick to stress and it releases more of it's toxins which may result in a higher risk of infection. Even though it does work well there is a greater risk in using this technique. Just a heads up.

I had one going in me yesterday. My girlfriend bought me a tick remover and it works great. Ive pulled out a lot of them little buggers already with it and everyone came out still alive and with the head intact. I highly recommed this product!!!!!

http://www.tickedoff.com/

John

looks promising , i think i like this one better than the tick key http://www.tickkey.com/

• 2 weeks later...