Long Islander's roll call.

Karpteach

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ticks have always been a problem out here. But up until last year i didnt even know what a chigger was. i never had issues with chiggers in any of my areas... last year and this year were pretty bad, i wonder if the dry weather has alot to due with it?

but its the nature of the beast, once the cooler weather comes you dont have to worry about it much...

I'm from nassau, primarily hunt delaware county but during the week I go out east.  I agree that the sawyer products work, hunted quite a few times without any problems with ticks or chiggers.  Only thing I don't like about the suffolk public lands is the pressure.  I'll be in a stand for a few hours and depending I almost always see other hunters walking through ruining the hunt.

From Farmingdale....I bowhunt L.I., and waterfowl mostly Amityville area. All the spots I used to chase pheasants, quail, and bunnies now have houses or industrial parks on them now.

Im a local duck hunter from amityville, Ive probably ran into you, i hunt aver 50 days a season.

Yeah, I know all the locals I guess,.. the Mullins,Onderdonk,Gosline,Spencer,Dieke,Babbich,McKenna....I keep my southbay on Braham ave. during the season...

From Farmingdale....I bowhunt L.I., and waterfowl mostly Amityville area. All the spots I used to chase pheasants, quail, and bunnies now have houses or industrial parks on them now.

Im a local duck hunter from amityville, Ive probably ran into you, i hunt aver 50 days a season.

Yeah, I know all the locals I guess,.. the Mullins,Onderdonk,Gosline,Spencer,Dieke,Babbich,McKenna....I keep my southbay on Braham ave. during the season...

Yea they all know me, see you out there maybe my names Timmy, one of the youngest guys that gun off here.

Presently, I am managing two construction projects at BNL in Brookhaven. Its amazing how many deer inhabit that property (HUNTING is Forbidden). The turkeys there are so abundant and tame and are not afraid of people. I know of guys who bow hunt opposite the Lab property, parking along the west side of William Floyd parkway but I believe the property is private despite not being posted in many areas. Anyone bow hunt there?

Presently, I am managing two construction projects at BNL in Brookhaven. Its amazing how many deer inhabit that property (HUNTING is Forbidden). The turkeys there are so abundant and tame and are not afraid of people. I know of guys who bow hunt opposite the Lab property, parking along the west side of William Floyd parkway but I believe the property is private despite not being posted in many areas. Anyone bow hunt there?

Theres stands every 60 yards in that peice of property, they guys who hunt it think its "There spot" be careful of your trucks of you park there.

Islip area, I hunt west side of wfp, its not posted where I go.. Never had any problems, no houses nearby!

BUT, I also never go weekends so its usually pretty quiet.. except for some animal rights A@ blowing thier horn every morning passing by.. 

Chiggers=Knee High rubber Boots, no problems.. 

Tim, your Mark A's hunt buddy, right? Is he over here yet?

Islip area, I hunt west side of wfp, its not posted where I go.. Never had any problems, no houses nearby!

BUT, I also never go weekends so its usually pretty quiet.. except for some animal rights A@ blowing thier horn every morning passing by.. 

Chiggers=Knee High rubber Boots, no problems.. 

Tim, your Mark A's hunt buddy, right? Is he over here yet?

I was out at the Lab this morning, deer all over the place! Some decent sized bucks.