send letters for crossbows in NY

"Work on your reading comprehension  Doe...the shafts are the same...the feild tips and broad heads are the same the fletchings are the same. the knock is the only difference"

Right clearly I am defficient at reading your post... you say.."There is no difference in the actual arrow construction. The nock is different" ... um you said it, the nock and the length are different.. key word being different.....So can you interchange them back and forth...if they are same it shouldn't be an issue... nope can't do that cause they are different.

What is the problem with a bolt being a bolt and  an arrow being an arrow? sheesh, come guys they are built the same yes but are not the same, hence DIFFERENT! And what is with calling bows veritcle bows nowadays? They are still bows, whether it be compound or recurve or long bow or even... oh no... crossbow

relax guys I am having fun with you.... man cross bow guys are uptight....rmember its supposed to be fun..ok back to arguements

No worries, I was having fun any way. I would love to see a survey for all hunters, it could be web based even. Just log in with your license # and away you go... why don't they do that?

Man we just solved all of DEC's problems right there...haha

You can't really just have a survey to decide things. It would be like putting the fox in charge of the chicken coup. If asked, of course the gun hunters would vote yes to crossbows during archery season. It would just be an extension of gun season for them and the end of archery season for bowhunters.  If you want a vote on crossbows during archery season it should only include those with a current archery license. 

No worries, I was having fun any way. I would love to see a survey for all hunters, it could be web based even. Just log in with your license # and away you go... why don't they do that?

Man we just solved all of DEC's problems right there...haha

You can't really just have a survey to decide things. It would be like putting the fox in charge of the chicken coup. If asked, of course the gun hunters would vote yes to crossbows during archery season. It would just be an extension of gun season for them and the end of archery season for bowhunters.  If you want a vote on crossbows during archery season it should only include those with a current archery license.

Really? Seeing as every single person that holds a big game hunting license would be affected by it, its only fair to include every single person that holds one.

Unless the crossbow bill gets veto'ed, it will become law in about 50ish days anyhow. The only hurdle after that will be left will be including it with the rest of the archery equipment, where it belongs.

Why wouldn't a survey work? In a democracy (I know we are a republic) Isn't that the most fair way to assess new legislation? I would love to see them put up more items for a reforendum vote as opposed to the crooked system we have now....no lobby moneys from crossbow companies....no self appointed sportsman groups trying to speak for us all.

You know what Chevy. I'd even go for that one...bow hunting tag holders vote. Fair enough but I think you still might be surprised by the reasults.

Why wouldn't a survey work? In a democracy (I know we are a republic) Isn't that the most fair way to assess new legislation? I would love to see them put up more items for a reforendum vote as opposed to the crooked system we have now....no lobby moneys from crossbow companies....no self appointed sportsman groups trying to speak for us all.

You know what Chevy. I'd even go for that one...bow hunting tag holders vote. Fair enough but I think you still might be surprised by the reasults.

Dewey did beat Truman?

just goes to show how little if anything the anti crossbow knot heads know about the legislative process, ("the crossbow manufactures are the ones pushing for crossbows to be legalized in NY state"), NOW REALLY??? the truth is crossbow manufactures have done everything and more to stay completely neutral on this whole thing for the very reason that if they even showed any interest in the process to legalize crossbows in NY you would have MORONS crying about how the crossbow manufactures are the ones pushing this thing, HOLY COW, what a load of crap.

i am and know people who are in the process of working on full inclusion here in NY and the manufacures are the first people we called for support, and not a single crossbow builder would help due to the possibility of being accused of having a biased interest, which is happening anyway???

if someone wants to sit in a treestand with a crossbow instead of a compound especially on his or hers own land what the heck is the differance? YEA you guessed it, the only differance is that people are really afraid that you will shoot thier DEER! yea thats it in a nutshell guy's. i dont want anyone out in them woods who might have any advantage in shooting my deer. KINDA LAME if you ask me ???

So now if someone thinks the crossbow manufacturers are pushing the crossbows to be legalized in New York State , they are Morons ??? Yeah , like the manufacturers have no monetary interest in getting the legislation passed for crossbows and they are unbiased ! There is a lot of money to be made when crossbows come into the NYS hunting scene ...........alt=Evil or Very Madhttp://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/images/smiles/bad_3_wait.gif[/img]

just goes to show how little if anything the anti crossbow knot heads know about the legislative process, ("the crossbow manufactures are the ones pushing for crossbows to be legalized in NY state"), NOW REALLY??? the truth is crossbow manufactures have done everything and more to stay completely neutral on this whole thing for the very reason that if they even showed any interest in the process to legalize crossbows in NY you would have MORONS crying about how the crossbow manufactures are the ones pushing this thing, HOLY COW, what a load of crap.

i am and know people who are in the process of working on full inclusion here in NY and the manufacures are the first people we called for support, and not a single crossbow builder would help due to the possibility of being accused of having a biased interest, which is happening anyway???

if someone wants to sit in a treestand with a crossbow instead of a compound especially on his or hers own land what the heck is the differance? YEA you guessed it, the only differance is that people are really afraid that you will shoot thier DEER! yea thats it in a nutshell guy's. i dont want anyone out in them woods who might have any advantage in shooting my deer. KINDA LAME if you ask me ???

The push is on from a certain outdoor sports writer in Niagara County, who is and is known to be associated with crossbow manufacturer interests.  It was then a democrat from the same county (a liberal pushing for hunting rights?...think about that one!) who introduced the legislation that is the same sitting on the Gov.'s desk.  They hide behind what is referred to as the New York Crossbow Association, which in fact there is no such group that anyone can seem to find.  Doesn't take a detective to look at that picture and see what is happening.

"Knotheads".......when people revert to name calling it tells a lot about the person doing the name calling.  Food for thought.

So Sits tell us all how crossbow companies are not meetting with any members of the NYS CC and pushing for the bill to get passed I would love to hear it. And then tell us how Horton crossbows didn't donate large sums of money and crossbows to 4-H (Cornell ext---NYS) and while your at it tells us Horton didn't receive an award at the 4-H Banquet because of that donation. And when you are done with that tell us that the 4-H and Cornell Cooperative extension has no influence in the state, heck then tell me how Cornell Coop ext can conduct an unbiased survey, that no one I know got in the mail. Come on wake up sits, and drop the down talk/ name calling if you can. Ofcourse crossbow companies have a biased intrest in the bill getting passed, they want your money pretty bad.

So Sits tell us all how crossbow companies are not meetting with any members of the NYS CC and pushing for the bill to get passed I would love to hear it. And then tell us how Horton crossbows didn't donate large sums of money and crossbows to 4-H (Cornell ext---NYS) and while your at it tells us Horton didn't receive an award at the 4-H Banquet because of that donation. And when you are done with that tell us that the 4-H and Cornell Cooperative extension has no influence in the state, heck then tell me how Cornell Coop ext can conduct an unbiased survey, that no one I know got in the mail. Come on wake up sits, and drop the down talk/ name calling if you can. Ofcourse crossbow companies have a biased intrest in the bill getting passed, they want your money pretty bad.

boy you guy's just have a way with working yourselves into a frenzy with these fairytales of the big corrupt crossbow companies and their schemes, bribes and payoffs to get crossbows into NY, whatta you do lay awake at night thinking this stuff up ;)

boy you have a way of not answering a question and not knowing your facts huh? For a guy that raves on and on about crossbows I would think that you would be some what educated as to what goes on, I guess not. And for the record I no longer care about crossbows, I could honestly give two poops what you or any other fellow hunter uses or attempts to use to kill game. Guys like you sure don't help the crossbow cause much.

boy you have a way of not answering a question and not knowing your facts huh? For a guy that raves on and on about crossbows I would think that you would be some what educated as to what goes on, I guess not. And for the record I no longer care about crossbows, I could honestly give two poops what you or any other fellow hunter uses or attempts to use to kill game. Guys like you sure don't help the crossbow cause much.

so if you no longer care about crossbows then just settle down, and lay awake at night and think of some other hunting group you can attack, i'm sure you got a list..

No I am not attacking any groups..just you. I am waiting on pins and needles for your avatar pic of you in the sweet Monica Lewinski hat. I would say its because you are from the city but other guys on here seem fine and they are from the city, maybe its all the roids you take who knows.....  :;)

I stayed out of this thread long enough.  Absolutely everything these days has someone in the background pushing it and greasing palms along the way.  I think it would be silly to think that crossbow manufacturers aren't at play here.  There is absolutely NOTHING neutral in politics or the media these days.  I work for a PR firm and see it everyday.  Take any story that is shown on the news and you can be darned sure that someone behind the scenes is pushing for the story to be told the way THEY want it to be told.  Absolutely NO journalistic neutrality in existence anymore.  They are all paid off by someone or some corporation in various ways to tell the story the way THEY want it to be told.  We have become a nation that sells itself to the highest bidder!  To think that crossbow manufacturers wouldn't spend some money to grease palms in order to increase their profits from all the looney hunters out there who might run out and buy a crossbow just because they have to have one now that it's legal to hunt with one is surely naive! 

Great points steve863. I dont doubt that somewhere in the background, the crossbow companies are backing the legalization of crossbow hunting in NY. Youd have to be silly not to think that. I do however, believe that the public call for them to be allowed has more to do with the bill getting passed.