send letters for crossbows in NY

In all fairness Arrow, I think there are enough talking points from both sides to more than go around. Let's face it, when ever there is an emotional topic and opposing sides there will be a wide array of different folks on both sides trying to lobby for their view.

I have and will continue to admit that my mothvations are very selfish and personal. I want to be able to bow hunt with my father and one old time hunting partner again. The crossbow would allow this.

I have and will continue to admit that my mothvations are very selfish and personal. I want to be able to bow hunt with my father and one old time hunting partner again. The crossbow would allow this.

I personally have no issue with physically challenged using crossbows, or aging hunters using crossbows.  I wish everyone would work together to get it done.

But crossbow pushers demand crossbows for everyone....even those who don't need it.  That is where the controversy begins, and where the dishonesty starts.

I would point out that one of the reasons that we do not have crossbows for the disabled is that it gets sabotaged every year by the crossbow pushers themselves.  Instead of forwarding a bill SPECIFICALLY for disabled hunters, they forward multiple bills, including crossbows for everyone.  When they consolidate the bills.....guess which one they go forward with?

Its happened every year that I have been watching since 2005.

But crossbow pushers demand crossbows for everyone....even those who don't need it.  That is where the controversy begins, and where the dishonesty starts.

It goes both ways arrow, why is it that you or NYB should force your opinions on everyone and say who "needs" a crossbow and who doesnt? The dishonesty comes from your side of things constantly. For instance, who is saying crossbows and compounds are identical? Sure they are different, just not different enough to not be in the same season. That is what people are saying, but you try and twist it into something it isnt.

It goes both ways arrow, why is it that you or NYB should force your opinions on everyone and say who "needs" a crossbow and who doesnt? The dishonesty comes from your side of things constantly. For instance, who is saying crossbows and compounds are identical? Sure they are different, just not different enough to not be in the same season. That is what people are saying, but you try and twist it into something it isnt.

You are just about one of the most perfect examples of why I, and many other bowhunters, are against x guns. You are practically their poster boy.

You have no sense of honesty, or decency. You are poorly educated.

You do not have the ability to comprehend other's points of views without trying to bully, and or character assassinate them, to make your point seem credible.

You will probably have to use on online dictionary to even understand what I am saying to you now.

You see, if you don't want to debate x guns, and would rather personally attack people...it's on..you sound like a little turd that watches too much MMA, and thinks his typing fingers can put someone in an armbar..lol.

Sits in Trees..you are no better than your Siamese reject here.

CulvertCreek...good luck, and I hope you, and your dad can get out there. Nothing can replace moments like that.

You are just about one of the most perfect examples of why I, and many other bowhunters, are against x guns. You are practically their poster boy.

You have no sense of honesty, or decency. You are poorly educated.

You do not have the ability to comprehend other's points of views without trying to bully, and or character assassinate them, to make your point seem credible.

You will probably have to use on online dictionary to even understand what I am saying to you now.

You see, if you don't want to debate x guns, and would rather personally attack people...it's on..you sound like a little turd that watches too much MMA, and thinks his typing fingers can put someone in an armbar..lol.

Sits in Trees..you are no better than your Siamese reject here.

CulvertCreek...good luck, and I hope you, and your dad can get out there. Nothing can replace moments like that.

LOL, wow. Whats the matter, you cant prove your point, so you just resort to personal attacks? Typical.

You dont know me, and probably never will. I am not sitting here making assumptions of your education level, personal morals or TV watching habits (which by the way, you didnt come close on any of it). I merely show proof that the opinions you are spewing about crossbows are baseless nonsense. You just prove my point by launching personal attacks at someone who never did the same to you, and you are too ignorant to realize that the statement I made which you quoted, is not any kind of personal attack.  ::)

Just checked Webster's online - not one thing for crossgun, x gun or anything similar.

I did find the following for crossbow:

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/crossbow">crossbow</a>

a weapon that shoots arrows and that consists of a short bow attached to a longer piece of wood

??? :O:) ;D

Just checked Webster's online - not one thing for crossgun, x gun or anything similar.

I did find the following for crossbow:

http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/crossbow">crossbow</a>

a weapon that shoots arrows and that consists of a short bow attached to a longer piece of wood

??? :O:) ;D

Excellent research Steve.

And that's exactly what they were before the ultra modern x guns of today with composite tactical stocks dipped in camo with Weaver style clamps that can accept an HHA adjustable scope mount.

It shows that there isn't even a definition for what we are dealing with today.

Same dictionary - def of bow:

a weapon that is made of a strip of flexible material (as wood) with a cord connecting the two ends and holding the strip bent and that is used to propel an arrow

Doesn't say a thing about wheels, cams, cables, etc.

Seems like what we call bows has changed as well

Instead of forwarding a bill SPECIFICALLY for disabled hunters, they forward multiple bills, including crossbows for everyone. 

Well we have one on the plate right now and I really hope it goes through. It needs to go through

Mark my words.. the NYB will try to put the nix on it.

Instead of forwarding a bill SPECIFICALLY for disabled hunters, they forward multiple bills, including crossbows for everyone. 

Well we have one on the plate right now and I really hope it goes through. It needs to go through

Mark my words.. the NYB will try to put the nix on it.

If history repeats itself, NYB will have nothing to do with it.

Crossbow pushers will lobby that crossbows should be allowed for everyone, the bills will be consolidated.....THEN ....NYB will oppose crossbows for everyone, as they should.

Has anyone who is against these "weapons of mass destruction" actually shot a crossbow that is considered legal in ny? They have the same trajectorys as modern compounds although the new hoyt composite bow far surpasses the ones i've seen posted. I don't see the difference... its still up to the hunter the sucess rates are still below 20% for archers in nys and amazingly they are the same in ohio where these "wmd" are legal so it doesnt seem to give an advantage in any capacity .....

Has anyone who is against these "weapons of mass destruction" actually shot a crossbow that is considered legal in ny? They have the same trajectorys as modern compounds although the new hoyt composite bow far surpasses the ones i've seen posted. I don't see the difference... its still up to the hunter the sucess rates are still below 20% for archers in nys and amazingly they are the same in ohio where these "wmd" are legal so it doesnt seem to give an advantage in any capacity .....

I've shot one.  It was no different than shooting my slug gun, minus the boom.  Nothing at all like shooting a bow.

As for the rest of your post....... ::)

Inaccurate (and I am being polite) on most every point,

Well, he's my inaccurate data.......More current information obtained from the Ohio Department of Wildlife (ODOW) for the year of 2001 says this:  "Of the 155,000 archery participants, 70,000 used a crossbow, 55,000 use a vertical bow and 30,000 used both. Of seniors who apply for and receive a free license, 4,000 used a crossbow, 1,000 used a vertical bow and 1,000 used both. Success rates for 2001 were identical for crossbow hunters and vertical bow hunters at 14%."      Not quite sure your being polite......

Well, he's my inaccurate data.......More current information obtained from the Ohio Department of Wildlife (ODOW) for the year of 2001 says this:  "Of the 155,000 archery participants, 70,000 used a crossbow, 55,000 use a vertical bow and 30,000 used both. Of seniors who apply for and receive a free license, 4,000 used a crossbow, 1,000 used a vertical bow and 1,000 used both. Success rates for 2001 were identical for crossbow hunters and vertical bow hunters at 14%."      Not quite sure your being polite......

GA claims that archery success is 50% plus......for compounds and crossbows.

AND trads.

For those of you that want to hear some facts and how spin is put on them try this article.  http://hunting.about.com/od/arch/l/aa020716a.htm

You know that OH doesn't sell a separate crossbow stamp and bowstamp, right?

You know they just sell a deer hunting license, right?

And you know that landowners don't have to buy any license, right?

So tell me......how can you calculate accurate statistics when you do noy know how many hunters there are using bows and crossbows?

LMFAO

For those of you that want to hear some facts and how spin is put on them try this article.  http://hunting.about.com/od/arch/l/aa020716a.htm

So tell me......how can you calculate accurate statistics when you do noy know how many hunters there are using bows and crossbows?

LMFAO

The Ohio DNR is content, hunters are killing deer and they are meeting their mandate.

LMFAO

The Ohio DNR is content, hunters are killing deer and they are meeting their mandate.

That doesn't mean their numbers are accurate.....more misinformation from the crossbow pushers. >:)

Well the ohio dnr does keep track of bow and crossbow, do you know they have a mandatory , deer check and it is written down what was used, as for the statistics i am not a stadisticion, but i can read what is complied by agencys, i also have the ability to look up other opinions and state my own same as you do, i haven't seen you post any articles or sites that are agreement with your opinion. you refer to studie s but when i look them up i don't see what your trying to convey written there. Again to you as you said in an earlier post the bow hunters are dissappearing in ohio to crossbow hunters... how did u get that when as you just said ohio doesn't seperate the stamp?? your are you just saying..obiously you are getting your info from somewhere...i presented my opinion based on experiance and was even able to back it up.. Sorry but as i said its the hunter that makes the difference not the type of bow....

Ohio Hunting Season Dates and Bag Limits -   View Ohio Wildlife Laws and Rules · Historical License Sales Information. Season Dates & Bag Limits. 2010-2011 Hunting Season Dates and Bag Limits ...

www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/seasons.aspx - Cached - Similar

[table][tr][td]    Ohio Waterfowl Hunting Regulations  Turkey Hunting  License & Permit Finder    Ohio Wildlife Laws and Rules  Youth Hunting in Ohio  [table][tr][td]    More results from ohiodnr.com »[/t][/t]

•  
    Here you flinger!

[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]