send letters for crossbows in NY

Ps...I have to run ....but...One more little vent....What in the blue blazes is it with this society that everyone has to take ..wait for it..."What THEY think" is the easy way...That is the answer I've been getting from guys that have hunted half their lives....Well ya ...I haven't bow hunted never wanted to.... but now with cross bows "being so easy" I'd get my bow license...my stomach flips every time...I swear I just want to punch them!

CHC.......not that that idea was a great one by any means....but you actually did see the point in it....the problem really isn't time constraints...or woodsman ship....it's that There is no compromise on EITHER side...neither side wants to give in even a little

I don't want them at all...not shy in saying so...with the exception of disabled only.....I would think anyone reading the idea could figure out the reason...but at least I'm willing to give a little....and the only reason I have such a problem..is the I'M SORRY GUYS...the "education " given at these courses...I'm sorry when you take a course to get an important license...and the test is beyond simple...by God if you don't pass... then you need to take the course AGAIN...NOT be given the answers to pass...please !

Then also realize ...many ppl don't have good role modles to start with...make them go out and handle the damn weapon what ever it is...if they can't shoot.......DON"T pass them until they can!

Really how simple are these things?...If able bodied ppl were too unimpressed with bow hunting or the work involved in taking game in bow hunting then they should still be unimpressed with it...period

I understand you were presenting a compromise...I just don't understand what it was you were trying to say. I understand #2. I just can't figure out what you are trying to put on the table with #1. no disrespect.....it just isn't clear with all the double negatives

Ps...I have to run ....but...One more little vent....What in the blue blazes is it with this society that everyone has to take ..wait for it..."What THEY think" is the easy way...That is the answer I've been getting from guys that have hunted half their lives....Well ya ...I haven't bow hunted never wanted to.... but now with cross bows "being so easy" I'd get my bow license...my stomach flips every time...I swear I just want to punch them!

and they will get an education on just how easy it is...lol. That is why in a year or two there will be great deals on slightly used crossbows    :)

Your right and I was in a hurry...when I get to thinking about this... emotions pop out into my finger tips...doesn't help I'm a lousy typist either ;) ...I suppose the 5yrs with a recurve or compound could work with the " I couldn't be bothered " long time hunters...but some sort of time limit with  regular( hand held draw) bow should be required...

...ppl walking around in the woods with their finger on a 3# trigger with out a single clue as to how far a deflected arrow/bolt can go and just how much damage they can cause...... scares me...and I've been hearing foolish rumblings of  wanting to lowering the safety distance for bows!!..sorry I live in the woods no way!! ... then how many ...Oh the gun misfired gun accidents happen...Seriously ...thanks to the paper we know DEC has allowed at least one person out there that shot himself in the foot twice!!...Do we want this in bow season?..If the messes out there now ...can't be cleaned up.... how foolish is it to create more?

Then you have the felons that can't own a gun but can still hunt with bow...with "special dispensation"...I know of 3 in our area a lone...sorry not right...that happens a lot ...a nieghbor looked it up...Aauuughh ::)

...ppl walking around in the woods with their finger on a 3# trigger with out a single clue as to how far a deflected arrow/bolt can go and just how much damage they can cause......

Ohio has had crossbows for like 20 years with currently 1/2 of the 200,000 bowhunters using them.

Are there a lot of things/people getting shot with arrows there?

I would think your chances of getting hit by a deflected crossbow bolt is the same as a deflected compound arrow or for that matter lightening... I know of only one death in NY in the last 30 years from a deflected arrow... and it was from a compound.. and that guys was one unlucky guy

Your right and I was in a hurry...when I get to thinking about this... emotions pop out into my finger tips...doesn't help I'm a lousy typist either ;) ...I suppose the 5yrs with a recurve or compound could work with the " I couldn't be bothered " long time hunters...but some sort of time limit with  regular( hand held draw) bow should be required...

...ppl walking around in the woods with their finger on a 3# trigger with out a single clue as to how far a deflected arrow/bolt can go and just how much damage they can cause...... scares me...and I've been hearing foolish rumblings of  wanting to lowering the safety distance for bows!!..sorry I live in the woods no way!! ... then how many ...Oh the gun misfired gun accidents happen...Seriously ...thanks to the paper we know DEC has allowed at least one person out there that shot himself in the foot twice!!...Do we want this in bow season?..If the messes out there now ...can't be cleaned up.... how foolish is it to create more?

Then you have the felons that can't own a gun but can still hunt with bow...with "special dispensation"...I know of 3 in our area a lone...sorry not right...that happens a lot ...a nieghbor looked it up...Aauuughh ::)

this has to be Rodney Dangerfield reincarnated.....

Gee I don't know...I don't read the Ohio news..do you?.....and are those the same type of odds as getting shot out of a 16ft tree stand?...because not Dangerfield....just someone that lives and hunts in an area where both I and a neighbor had that happen to a year apart...a place where I watched the guys next door line up in a triangle in the morning and shoot at each other when a buck ran through.... I in the afternoon while trailing one of their wounded...heard the alarms go off....one of them had shot another and killed him doing the same....where guys stop on the road and shoot at the wht goats with a compound from the bed of a truck....across the way a guy blew his leg off...deer jacking is common and they DEC caught the same in turkey season and the list goes on...so hey be sarcastic...and condescending...but when I throw out a ? or a real possibility that doesn't fair well toward your CB cause there are a few of you I don't expect any better from

Gee I don't know...I don't read the Ohio news..do you

Just thought that someone so afraid of the unknown dangers of  "...ppl walking around in the woods with their finger on a 3# trigger with out a single clue as to how far a deflected arrow/bolt can go and just how much damage they can cause"   might have availed themselves of info most likely easily read to base base and justify their fear. Sorry I was wrong apparently.

When I see that your reading comprehension skills improve I will concider engaging you further...but I see.... you didn't bother looking up any stats as well....and you don't under stand the differance between a personal insult....which is what was thrown at me and a statement of fact...ie

The Rodney Dangerfield crack

I wouldn't call it fear I would call it paranoia   

Fact...

[Then you have the felons that can't own a gun but can still hunt with bow...with "special dispensation"/quote]
.Oh the gun misfired gun accidents happen...Seriously ...thanks to the  paper we know DEC has allowed at least one person out there that shot  himself in the foot twice!!...Do we want this in bow season?..
where guys stop on the road and shoot at the wht goats with a compound from the bed of a truck...

You some how skimmed the fact that I said I don't like the idea of...and referenced it to as we ALL know the ppl who walk around the woods with guns doing the same thing...by the way look around the forums...I'm not the only one discussing idiots with weapons...ie the discussion of ppl using scopes as binoculars

There are a few of you that love to try the school yard bully stuff on ppl with different opinions than yours....If you feel you fall into that category...hey keep up your little tactics...I enjoy a good smile

I also noticed that when giving my opinion...you tried to state I was using facts...yet when I stated actual fact...that could be looked up you skimmed over all that I said...but ya know...I'm probably...not the only one that noticed the few that do this

When I see that your reading comprehension skills improve I will concider engaging you further...but I see.... you didn't bother looking up any stats as well....and you don't under stand the differance between a personal insult....which is what was thrown at me and a statement of fact...ie

The Rodney Dangerfield crack

I wouldn't call it fear I would call it paranoia                           

Fact...

[Then you have the felons that can't own a gun but can still hunt with bow...with "special dispensation"/quote]
.Oh the gun misfired gun accidents happen...Seriously ...thanks to the  paper we know DEC has allowed at least one person out there that shot  himself in the foot twice!!...Do we want this in bow season?..
where guys stop on the road and shoot at the wht goats with a compound from the bed of a truck...

You some how skimmed the fact that I said I don't like the idea of...and referenced it to as we ALL know the ppl who walk around the woods with guns doing the same thing...by the way look around the forums...I'm not the only one discussing idiots with weapons...ie the discussion of ppl using scopes as binoculars

There are a few of you that love to try the school yard bully stuff on ppl with different opinions than yours....If you feel you fall into that category...hey keep up your little tactics...I enjoy a good smile

I also noticed that when giving my opinion...you tried to state I was using facts...yet when I stated actual fact...that could be looked up you skimmed over all that I said...but ya know...I'm probably...not the only one that noticed the few that do this

First off, I didnt make any Rodney Dangerfield crack. But thanks again for yet another shot.  ::)

Second, if you are going to throw accusations of all kinds of accidents occurring, dont you think you should be able to back the claims up? If you cant, they become nothing more than baseless claims. Sorry, but thats how it is.

Like I said, if the stats were there to back up such a high rate of accidents with crossbows, the anti-crossbow crowd would be using that argument against them. I have yet to see that argument used with any numbers or reports to back it up. Im not bullying you because you disagree with my point of view, I am debating the claims you presented.

Also, I feel sorry that you have to deal with what sounds like a bunch of morons for neighbors, and Im not disputing what you are saying about them.

WNYB...I've read and re read what I wrote....I'm going to the EYE DR in March...but I honestly don't see were I directed any personal insults or shots at you...I never said you made a Rodney  Dangerfield re mark to me....but I can see where your putting remarks like that out there...anyone not reading all the post would think I did...thanks ;)

WNYB...I've read and re read what I wrote....I'm going to the EYE DR in March...but I honestly don't see were I directed any personal insults or shots at you...I never said you made a Rodney  Dangerfield re mark to me....but I can see where your putting remarks like that out there...anyone not reading all the post would think I did...thanks ;)

come on, now tell us you don't get any respect. or how you use prepartion H and the only thing it shrunk was your middle finger??? take my wife please...or i don't like cocaine i just like the way it smells, LOL :O

It sure seems that way when you dont use the quote feature or seperate your comments. Big, run on sentences tend to confuse those that you are talking with, or to.  :O

• 2 weeks later...

I got one, for 3 to 5 yrs. And it doesn't matter,from the old site to the new. This issue has been beatin into the friggin ground. Seems everytime ya turn around there is somethin about rifles,inline ml,compound bows. Comparisons out the ARS!! "Oh vote on this,vote on that!" Speak your opinion,whatever! They don't give a rat's raw behind. It's obvious! It's been obvious for how long!!??? The early to late 80's when the huntin boom began,there was a voice from the public. Now there are more tree huggers than ever! I'm all for ECO friendly! But now we have a mixed breed of anti loser's. The one's who are against way more than just outdoor sports. the one's who use the back door approach. Have one obvious platform, but there is more included.  The state doesn't care what we think! They only know that there are a lot of hunters in N.Y. And a crap ton of non residents. $$$ is all that matter's. The main thing we have is, support hunting and the outdoor sports,in any way you can. I don't live close to Albany ,or NYC and don't give a flyin! I live here, and love my outdoor activities! X-bow's ,compounds,recurves long bow's,inlines,percussion,flint's, shotgun's,rifles,pistols who gives a crap! Stick together! And keep the tighty whitey anti desk jockies at bay! Simple! It's ok to have opinion's on what one believes. But now is not the time to be stickin it to eachother. Do that,I promise you, it will p... on everyones parade! Including your own. And if I'm wrong on my opinion. I will be willing and forthcoming,to say I was wrong! Have no problem if i'm wrong! No EGO's ,just outdoor sports! I wanna enjoy my life as a fanatic outdoorman. The memories and the unbelieveable experiences,I have had so far! I'm not done yet!. My view I love my hunting. And I don't want to give anyone a chance. No matter what side of the fence,they are on. To take away my guns,or my choice to hunt by, whatever means is deemed legal,in my state of NY period!!! Sorry for the rant! But really ,c'mon man!