send letters for crossbows in NY

Well thats a horse of a different color.. why didn't you just say that in the first place Arrow?? Although as a traditional bowhunter I still don't know how it would bother my bowhunting  during the bowhunting season, but maybe thats just me.

You are a trad bowhunter?  OMG, that is so awesome! :P

Get over yourself.

LOL

G-man proposed 1-15 Oct.  Works for me.

The above quote just revoked his NYBOW  membership and the privileges that it comes with  (what ever they are) ???

I used to get a pin.  Nowadays, we get a sticker.

Reasonable compromise is called for...few are willing to agree to reasonable compromise.

Hey, now theres an idea! I could deal with that. Granted, full inclusion would be simpler, but like you said, everyone would get thrown a bone. You could even take that first half of bow season and make it longbow/recurve (primitive) only (except for disabled), then allow compounds and crossbows in for the second half.

This one would be good.

Option is to do away with seperate mz seasons and have 2 seasons only:

- ALL bows in bow

- ALL guns in gun

Really simple

Hey, now theres an idea! I could deal with that. Granted, full inclusion would be simpler, but like you said, everyone would get thrown a bone. You could even take that first half of bow season and make it longbow/recurve (primitive) only (except for disabled), then allow compounds and crossbows in for the second half.

With Mandatory AR's of 8 points or better!!!! Let's sneak antler restrictions in the next crossbow bill that pops up,Who's with me?  :D

This one would be good.

- ALL bows in bow

- ALL guns in gun

Really simple

With Mandatory AR's of 8 points or better!!!! Let's sneak antler restrictions in the next crossbow bill that pops up,Who's with me?  :D

This one would be good.

- ALL bows in bow

- ALL guns in gun

Really simple

your very tonguey and cheeky today.....

Here's one for ya....from a non member of any organization...include Cross bows in regular season....BUT with the restrictions

1.) Anyone that is not disabled and has never gone through archery certification nor purchased an archery license but has hunted 5yrs or more...is not allowed to hunt with a cross bow

2.) all able bodied first time archery hunters must hunt with either recurve or compound  bow for 5yrs before being allowed cross bow privileges

That  could live with 

I wasnt being serious when I threw it out there. I think more drastic measures need to be taken with the NY gun season, like shortening them and not running them contiguously. Many states do have no optics seasons though. It might not be a bad idea though now that I think about it, just allow optics on crossbows for guys with eyesight issues. The idea behind no optics is to limit range, and crossbows dont have much range, so optics wouldnt be an issue with those.

Like Wisconsin?

Gee I see no opinions on my idea...oh well :)

To be honest I always have an issue with time requirements like these. There could be folks out there that spend more time hunting in the first year than some do in 5 years. Calendar time is not a good indicator of experience. I think the experience aspect is what you were getting at.  I also have seen hunters that have way more time in that 5 that don't know the difference between their butt and their elbow when it comes to hunting.

1.) Anyone that is not disabled and has NEVER gone  through archery certification nor purchased an archery license but has  hunted 5yrs or more...is NOT allowed to hunt with a cross bow
2.) all able bodied first time archery hunters must hunt with either  recurve or compound  bow for 5YRS BEFORE being allowed cross bow  privileges[/b]

]

Your right...you didn't get the point....

1.) Anyone that is not disabled and has NEVER gone  through archery certification nor purchased an archery license but has  hunted 5yrs or more...is NOT allowed to hunt with a cross bow
2.) all able bodied first time archery hunters must hunt with either  recurve or compound  bow for 5YRS BEFORE being allowed cross bow  privileges[/b]

]

Your right...you didn't get the point....

so an able hunter that has not previously taken a bow course but has hunted for over 5 years can't hunt with a corss bow.....

CHC.......not that that idea was a great one by any means....but you actually did see the point in it....the problem really isn't time constraints...or woodsman ship....it's that There is no compromise on EITHER side...neither side wants to give in even a little

I don't want them at all...not shy in saying so...with the exception of disabled only.....I would think anyone reading the idea could figure out the reason...but at least I'm willing to give a little....and the only reason I have such a problem..is the I'M SORRY GUYS...the "education " given at these courses...I'm sorry when you take a course to get an important license...and the test is beyond simple...by God if you don't pass... then you need to take the course AGAIN...NOT be given the answers to pass...please !

Then also realize ...many ppl don't have good role modles to start with...make them go out and handle the damn weapon what ever it is...if they can't shoot.......DON"T pass them until they can!

Really how simple are these things?...If able bodied ppl were too unimpressed with bow hunting or the work involved in taking game in bow hunting then they should still be unimpressed with it...period