Would you shoot him?

beachpeaz

Would you shoot the deer in the background?

He is actually an 8, but looks like a long-horn steer. For some reason he started growing a nice wide rack and then apparently stopped. This is pretty much how he will look out of velvet (I have seen him recently).

Bad genetic? Just goofed up this season? If it grew normal, he would be a big buck next year!

post-1540-0-07068700-1347652428_thumb.jp

post-1540-0-75103800-1347652442_thumb.jp

If the date in the pic is correct, that photo is 2 months old. I promise you that he looks a bit better now.

The date is correct. But, as I mentioned in the post, he actually stopped growing. I have seen him since that picture. It looks the picture should have been from June when he first started growing. For some reason he just stopped. Weird. I don't know what to make of it. Had he continued along, he would have been a beauty.

The date is correct. But, as I mentioned in the post, he actually stopped growing. I have seen him since that picture. It looks the picture should have been from June when he first started growing. For some reason he just stopped. Weird. I don't know what to make of it. Had he continued along, he would have been a beauty.

You must have got a great look at him to determine that it was the same buck and that he had stopped growing. No more pics?

Oh yea, shoot him. He's a mongrel.

You must have got a great look at him to determine that it was the same buck and that he had stopped growing. No more pics?

Oh yea, shoot him. He's a mongrel.

Lol....when he looks exactly the same a month later, not hard to determine its the same deer. He Is unmistakable. No, I took my cameras down. I take them down a month before the season. They tend to spook the deer. I sit in my stand with a video camera a couple times before the season. I watched him for about an hour in the field around end of August. Definitely didn't grow much more.

Lol....yeah, that 8 has some good genetics. He is a young deer and has good G2's, just has crabby, crappy 3's. If he makes it, he could be a 130+ next year.

Do you have any other pics of him? I'm pretty sure he's easy 130's now. He has exceptional mass.

Edited by sampotter

Do you have any other pics of him? I'm pretty sure he's easy 130's now. He has exceptional mass.

Not sure about 130.. tine length is a bit short...I'd like to see him without velvet... but he's definitely ahead of the game as far as antler size... just a really handsome buck.