Looks like the Columbus Day Youth season is on!

Buckstopshere

Sorry, but just because you or anyone else hasn't have the interest to check out the alternative ideas that I have offered more times than I care to repeat, doesn't give you the right to say that none have been offered. Just because you don't want to take the time to check your facts doesn't give you the right to lie about them.

As far as your question is concerned, I refuse to dignify the false implication with an answer. Some of us don't believe that the youth hunt has any impact on future hunter numbers. Some of us also believe that misplaced feel-good, window-dressing, style solutions can actually hamper real creative solutions by giving the impression that something useful has actually been done.

...and "some" of you didn't get your great ideas enacted did you? So what are these alternate ideas? Lower the hunting age across the board? I'll bet if all goes well, that's what's going to happen in a few seasons. You wouldn't want that either because it would create more hunters in the woods all season taking your deer. Would you? YOU REEK OF NYB type nonsense in so many ways. You'r against the youth season, the bow discharge distance change, but you claim non of it affects you because you have your own land.

Wow Doc, that was a pretty childish response, dont you think?

The reasons are not mine, as I have said, they are the reasons given by the DEC. You can say what you want, but that doesnt change the facts.

In any case, this argument is pretty pointless, as the youth season is happening regardless of your or others opinions. Just throw some orange on for those days or stay out of the woods and most importantly, Kwitcherbitchen.

Childish .... lol. And I am not bitchen. I am simply keeping you guys honest.

...and "some" of you didn't get your great ideas enacted did you? So what are these alternate ideas? Lower the hunting age across the board? I'll bet if all goes well, that's what's going to happen in a few seasons. You wouldn't want that either because it would create more hunters in the woods all season taking your deer. Would you? YOU REEK OF NYB type nonsense in so many ways. You'r against the youth season, the bow discharge distance change, but you claim non of it affects you because you have your own land.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you just make this stuff up as you go? Honestly, you just blurt this stuff out with no regard as to whether any of it makes sense or has any relation to the truth. I can't discuss anything with people like that. It's like arguing with a door ... lol.

What the hell are you talking about? Do you just make this stuff up as you go? Honestly, you just blurt this stuff out with no regard as to whether any of it makes sense or has any relation to the truth. I can't discuss anything with people like that. It's like arguing with a door ... lol.

I'd say go see a doctor and get some alzheimers meds, but maybe Bubba can do us all that favor?

which is doc's way of saying ok you figured me out, so I will retreat. I have seen it several times

Hey, another noise from the psyche-ward. Long time since I've heard one of your little outbursts. The meds are out of reach or what? Thats too bad you have been keeping your condition pretty well under control for quite a while. I actually thought you were making some progress. Sorry to see you relapse. Well, don't ever give up as long as there's medication, there is always hope. But you've got to take it.....lol.

I'd say go see a doctor and get some alzheimers meds, but maybe Bubba can do us all that favor?

Hey, spiffy comeback there Sparkey. You're just out there kicking and flailing and completely out of control.....eh? Bitter little guy aren't you? Well, I guess if you are going to post nonsense and make stuff up, it might as well be something comical.

so sad. I could help, but Doc cant afford me and I don't take charity cases. His typical thing is to attack and call names. So sad so sad. Doc I have kept you in the idiot list box for a while. Once in a while I let you out to see how idiotic you are being and then put you back. You are hitting some new highs. But you are back in the box now.

Edited by bubba

Since I make it all up, here are several of your posts were you are against the 500ft rule change for bows AND you mention it doesn't affect you. Stay tuned folks, more made up stories to come...

Personally that change would be of no use to me. I have no intentions of hunting less than 500' from somebody's buildings. Also, I don't think I would be real happy about looking over on a neighbors property and finding someone staring out of the bushes at me ..... lol. In fact, in the interest of low-impact hunting among non-hunters, I think I would leave things the way they are now. Frankly, I don't want to be viewed as a pest, threat, or hindrance to anybody's privacy. I also look at buildings as places of human and critter activity, meaning that people and pets and farm animals are likely to be wandering around considerably closer than the structures.

This whole part of the discussion about hunting in suburbia is a subject that really poses some potential sticky situations. To me it transcends the distance issue and the permission stuff and gets involved with whether I would ever want to to do it in the first place for all kinds of reasons. I can picture situations where some bloody old deer drops dead in some kid's sand-box, or a school yard, or creates some kind of spectacle on the streets or sidewalks. What the heck.....how do you even handle the gutting situation without looking like some kind of crazed slasher to the housewives and kids and for that matter, the new breed of neutered suburban male. The whole thing just sounds like an activity that has a high probability of placing the hunter in a very public and unpopular situation. It sure wouldn't be for me no matter how the law was changed.

Let's understand that we are not talking about a law that regulates how close to a structure we can hunt. We are talking about modifying a law that regulates how close to a neighboring structure that we can release an arrow whether that be hunting or target practice. Let's also understand that this law will regulate the back-yard target shooter as well. And that legal modification will apply in all neighborhoods regardless of lot size. In many suburbs the lot sizes may be very close to that 50 yard limit. Also it must be pointed out that the change in law will apply to all ages including the group of neighborhood kids who may or may not understand or care about the sensitivities of their neighbors ..... lol.

Do I feel that there may be disputes involving extremely unsafe situations caused by this kind of a change ...... you bet. If I lived in one of these sub-divisions, and I walked out in my back yard and found someone drawing down on some foam target at 50 yards with me all of a sudden behind it, I would be the first to be looking for somebody to choke. Fortunately I don't live in a situation where that could happen but there are a pile of people who do.

I do honestly believe that most people do have the consideration and responsible attitudes so that the world of suburbia will not instantly turn into a hail of arrows flying into people's houses and yards. But I am also fully aware that jerks exist in this world, and neighbors are not always so concerned about safety or concerns of their neighbors. I also believe that it would just be a matter of time before we would be reading about somebody being stuck with an arrow because of this change. So I guess I am against revising the law to legalize the kind of carelessness and lack of responsibility that you just know would happen. I also want to maintain some legal recourse when a neighbor is put into such a position of unsafe conditions for himself, his family and his property. No one should have to be in a position to be afraid to step into their back yard because their neighbor is an archer.

And simply because you keep repeating that it is working in other states doesn't make it so. Yes, they do successfully hold youth gun hunts. If that is your measure of success then I will grant that you can force anything to happen even if it is an insignificant meaningless act and call it a success based on that. And if it makes you feel good, then that is about as much as you can expect. Maybe that makes it a success in your mind. Sorry, but I am looking for something that actually makes a difference in the hunter bottom line numbers. And last time I heard those numbers nationally were still going down even in all those states that hold special youth hunts.

So far I'm on page 4 of this thread and still can't find any of your ideas. But I found this non-idea, or request for ideas. Don't worry, it's all made up.

Edited by ELMER J. FUDD

So no ideas in this thread, only you (Doc) bobbing and weaving and generally refusing to give some of your better ideas for hunter recruitment. All you suggested was that someone check your old posts. Maybe I'm wrong about you saying you have your own private land, but I know you posted a few times that you hardly ever see anybody after opening day. So what's the big deal? You didn't like the way the DEC released the info? So what, you shouldn't care either way based on your posts. In my generation we call what you are doing here a D### tuck. Better yet a Doc tuck. Get with the times.

Edited by ELMER J. FUDD

Elmer-

Where did you get the idea that this thread is the first time this topic came up. Did I ever say that this thread was where I explained alternative ways to recruit youths. See there you go again, you have once again imagined that I said something that I didn't. You seem more interested in flaming than in having any kind of intelligent conversation. Also, I don't know why you think I would ever be for the reduced shooting distance. Another brain fart ... lol. I never said I favored that. Hell, I was the one that started that thread. And by the way, while you were just flailing around trying to come up with who the hell knows what, I probably should mention that whether I am for it or against it, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything we are talking about. So there you go aimlessly raving about something that isn't even relevant. But again you are more interested in flaming than actually thinking. I hunt state land and that too has never been a secret, but you wanted to go off into some fantasy world without a care about the truth into a subject that has nothing to do with anything we were talking about. You really seem to have a problem staying on point and sound a bit like you are raving. So what exactly is your problem that you can't seem to get anything right and don't even care to. I tried to conduct a reasonable debate, but you seem to be determined to turn it into a flamefest. I'm not sure what to say to someone who is just simply angry that my opinion differs from theirs and obviously intends to take the occasion to make up all kinds of nonsense and interject goofy things that have nothing to do with the subject. My thought is that like Bubba, you have no intention of conducting a decent conversation and have a real problem tolerating any opinions that differ from yours. I would ignore your senseless raving and aimless lashing out, but when someone lies about things that I have or haven't said, I certainly am going to respond. LOL .... so consider yourself responded to ... ha-ha. And from now on, try to stick to the truth when describing my opinions, and try not to get so darn angry about somebody not agreeing with you that you lose your place in the discussion. It begins to sound a bit irrational.

By the way, I apologize to anyone who is unhappy that I have replied to these kinds of misrepresentations, but there is no way that I am going to let that kind of thing stand. When I say something, I pretty much mean to say it and in exactly the way I say it.

Elmer-

Where did you get the idea that this thread is the first time this topic came up? Where did I imply that?

Did I ever say that this thread was where I explained alternative ways to recruit youths. Who said that? You said in this thread that others could go and find your other solutions(for hunter recruitment) in other threads on the forum and are still refusing to tell us what your great ideas are.

See there you go again, you have once again imagined that I said something that I didn't. You seem more interested in flaming than in having any kind of intelligent conversation.

Also, I don't know why you think I would ever be for the reduced shooting distance. Another brain fart ... lol. I never said I favored that. Hell, I was the one that started that thread. And by the way, while you were just flailing around trying to come up with who the hell knows what, I probably should mention that whether I am for it or against it, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything we are talking about. So there you go aimlessly raving about something that isn't even relevant. But again you are more interested in flaming than actually th

I said that you were against it are you delusional?

I hunt state land and that too has never been a secret, but you wanted to go off into some fantasy world without a care about the truth into a subject that has nothing to do with anything we were talking about. It's relevant because it's a similar scenario where you make a big deal about an issue yet based on your previous views/situations the issue doesn't pertain to you anyway. I was wrong about you having your own land, but you have mentioned that you don't see many people while hunting. (this is relevant to you complaining about guns in the woods during bow season)

You really seem to have a problem staying on point and sound a bit like you are raving. I think you have a problem multitasking and have a hard enough time comprehending even one issue at a time.

So what exactly is your problem that you can't seem to get anything right and don't even care to. I tried to conduct a reasonable debate, but you seem to be determined to turn it into a flamefest. I'm not sure what to say to someone who is just simply angry that my opinion differs from theirs and obviously intends to take the occasion to make up all kinds of nonsense and interject goofy things that have nothing to do with the subject. My thought is that like Bubba, you have no intention of conducting a decent conversation and have a real problem tolerating any opinions that differ from yours. I would ignore your senseless raving and aimless lashing out, but when someone lies about things that I have or haven't said, I certainly am going to respond. LOL .... so consider yourself responded to ... ha-ha. And from now on, try to stick to the truth when describing my opinions, and try not to get so darn angry about somebody not agreeing with you that you lose your place in the discussion. It begins to sound a bit irrational.

By the way, I apologize to anyone who is unhappy that I have replied to these kinds of misrepresentations, but there is no way that I am going to let that kind of thing stand. When I say something, I pretty much mean to say it and in exactly the way I say it.

I think your oblivious to who your even responding to. Do you not realize that you were arguing with a few people before you chose quote my post and respond with a rather snide remark? That's the only thing that came even close to making me mad. So you barked at me and I bit back. The only thing I was wrong about was the land thing and I admitted to it. Something you aren't man enough to do. You're a legend in your own mind. I'll bet you're real accomplished in life and probably not used to being wrong or told how it is. It's now put you in a complacent state of mind. This whole thing is obviously way over your head. I put my answers above in a large font just in case it's your eyesight that is going and not your mind.

Edited by ELMER J. FUDD

I think your oblivious to who your even responding to. Do you not realize that you were arguing with a few people before you chose quote my post and respond with a rather snide remark? That's the only thing that came even close to making me mad. So you barked at me and I bit back. The only thing I was wrong about was the land thing and I admitted to it. Something you aren't man enough to do. You're a legend in your own mind. I'll bet you're real accomplished in life and probably not used to being wrong or told how it is. It's now put you in a complacent state of mind. This whole thing is obviously way over your head. I put my answers above in a large font just in case it's your eyesight that is going and not your mind.

Ok ... are you done now with your foolishness? Do you feel better? .... lol. I hope so. Since we have been forcing all these people to read all this, it's time for one of us to call a halt. I'll volunteer for that.