What do you store your gear in?

After the season I put all my hunt clothes in a plastic box and put several pine branches (8-14") on each layer of clothes. About a month before deer season I add pieces of apple on top of my outer clothes and hat. Do not put apple pieces for a long time on the clothes and please put the box in the coldest place you can. During the deer season I refresh the apples frequently (I still keep my gear in my plastic box when not in use, or sometimes I use a plastic bag). I have a friend that every morning of the deer hunt he "smashed" an apple on his hunting jacket, pants and boots. I've done it too, when I remember to bring some apples - only good things to report with this little technique. Oh, I put my hunting boots in a separate plastic bag with pine branches and store. (Little Test: I know this works because my hunting dog had a tough time to trail my dragged hunting jacket if it had been stored with pine branches. Without the smell of pine branch it was easy for the dog to track the human smell on the jacket.) To each his own. :)

Long term, my basement as well in a closet in my gun room. Hunting season ie. in use a tote . Plenty of room for extra and spare gear,the top makes a nice clean dry place to stand while changing into and out of my hunting boots,then I bungie ? the muddy boots to the top for the trip home .

I'm really going to miss my mini van,had one since '91. In hunting season took all the middle and rear seats out, plenty of room to change,sleep,put deer inside store gear and super easy for one guy to load deer into .

I would always store everything in garbage bags and double bag everything.

This past season I had an extra tote laying around so I washed it out with sent killer soap and threw everything in. I opened it up yesterday to check if anything needed to be replaced before this season starts and it stunk. So I guess I am going to rewash everything and rewash the tote. Then I will try throwing some cedar branches and dirt in and hope they don't stink again in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.