Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Well I hit the stand and was settled in by 6a.m....pitch dark out but great quiet walk in...10mins later I hear foot steps...fawn bleats ..a mad dash and then the distinct sound of a buck walking in...he walked out to an active scrape 18 yrds away...worked it and walked away...nothing more until 8:30 and I look up 3 hundred yards away there is a parade of doe ..fawn and a couple of buck filing into...yep the food plot... at 9 :30 look over and there is a buck walking under a stand that is 200ft away and parallel to the stand I'm in...he's angling my way so i give a couple of light grunts...he disappeared behind some beech brush...never saw him again...did hear a few grunts a ways off though...

Never got a good look at the racks...range finder was in fanny pack still and I can not see long distances with out my glasses...good info gathering morning

Edited by growalot

Heyyyyyyyyy. I finally figured this out from the phone thing. Sitting in my pine tree in the corner of the bedding area, golden rod field and hardwoods. Kicked up five does total as I crossed the fields on my way up the hill to my stand. They were all bedded in the golden rod. I may have to rethink my strategy since this place has changed so much over the years. Ok.... Time to turn this thing off and settle back. The smell of deer is heavy out here today. It's funny how I have come to really notice that musky smell over the years. To all you on stand today.... Good luck....shoot straight and be safe!

Hmm, is that a gun in the pic? I thought we are bow hunting now....???? :-) Just saying......

Well it was muzzleloader season this past week in the northern zone and rifle season starts tomorrow. It looks like a muzzleloader in the picture.......

Edited by adk3006
  • Like 1

OK, that explains everything, you got me confused with the northern-southern part of the state... :-)

I will be in Adirondacks next week for the early rifle (bear/deer) for sure...

Wait, you got muzzleloader before the gun season? That's weird...