Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

kicked out 6 deer that I know of on way in...why of course...all under my stand!!...counted tails flagging away...so I kept walking and got out the grunt tube ...hitting it as I walked....no sooner am I in the tree here they come again...but the wind gusted straight out of the south and I heard them fade away....something screaming in the woods below the ridge...at one point it sounded like a rabbit distress call....no other deer...at 81:5 the neighbor took their buggy on the high side of their open weed field ...thought they might push some thing my way...no...9:15 I packed up...hit ground to a flock of turkey putting down over the ridge...Damn! ..Off to handle some business then back out ...need to warm upand dig out warmer hunting clothes..got cold out.....whopping 38 degrees....

Went to downed tree stand...had a fawn come in eat the tree top tigs...and wonder around under stand...then a doe 40yrds behind me...lost sight...another fawn materialized in lane way...grunted and it turned and walked in....then a spike buck 50yrds out...and another big doe about same distance...6pm I was packing up...looked 2oo yrds away to see a parade of deer trotting into the food plots.......good hunt lots of sightings and info...

Made it down to a friends property this AM in 9Y 34 degrees, some light snow and a SE wind, couple young bucks and a doe around 830-900 for me, girlfriend took a shot at a young 6 point, woulda been first bow deer, second deer ever...clean miss low, no harm no foul. Didn't even scare him off, just wandered away casually as another deer showed up. Fresh scrapes all over, should be a fun couple of weeks coming up. Back at it tomorrow all day, good luck to all, stay warm and safe.

Really wanted to get out there today had plans to hunt a new prosperity with lots of food sources.... Kind of hard to justify to my girlfriend that I'm gunna go hunting and leave her when we haven't had power in 4 days and she is sick as a dog....god I hate doing the wrong thing

Saw a buck joggin across the neighbors horse pasture headed toward a known bedding area at 2pm. Decided to get in my hut early today which is 50 yds to the left of the bedding area. Doe popped out into my brassicas 35 yds infront and sure enough the buck was hot on her tail. This was at 430. Currently watchin doe lick the branches along a field edge 250 yds away. The young Bucks are starting to get interested and make mistakes now.