Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

(Live from yesterday). Watched a 6 or 8 fifty yds away at 9:00 a.m freshen his scrape,thrash the branches and then stand on his back legs and rub higher branches. Tried using a bleat in heat but no luck.Then at 10 a.m. yesterday I heard a noise ,looked over my shoulder and here comes an old buck with a high upswept spike type rack with some kickers near the base-heading right toward me. I stood,knocked an arrow,attached the release and by this time I was looking at the top of the buck through the base of my treestand. He walked out in front of me and when he was about 15 yds. I made a noise with my voice and he stopped quarting away. I was at full draw and put the pin on the sweet spot and let the arrow fly.... Whack right in to a tree over his back. I put my 30 yard pin on him instead of my 20 yard pin. The buck took a couple of quick steps forward and looked around. I had no second chance as I watched him walk away. Yup, I suck.

• Like 1

No, I watched the arrow sail over the deer .I unscrewed the arrow from the broadhead buried in the tree.I should have used my 20 pin and aimed lower because I was 18- 20 feet up.I had about 30 seconds to attempt a shot and I goofed on the pin.

Guess you were able to salvage the arrow. Suppose the broadhead is a goner. Something I'll need to consider when I go out with the bow.

got a doe this eve! was takin a walk around a corn field and there she was so i layed down used my backpack for a rest and BOOM she went down... the landowner got her in payment for using the property so now im lookin to get another for myself next week.. wish me luck!

Sat from 11 to 5 today.. Kicked up a few birds on the way in. And the squirrel in the video.. Did find this nice blind someone made to.. Fresh deer sign all within 35 yards... Tonights looking good fora hopefully promising morning hunt

Edited by danc0320