Live From the Stand 2012

WNYBuckHunter

Weather seems perfect, but it looks like I'm getting skunked 2 mornings in a row for the first time all season...

I hate sandy...although it was awful bright out this morning, maybe they are all out with the night moon.

Heading in to play with my 8 month old son...beats this!

Edited by 7J Everyday
  • Like 1

Moon chart and rut cruise times are calling for more deer movement this afternoon. That thread has been surprisingly accurate for my season so far, worth taking a look at. This week the evening and night movements are supposed to switch to morning. I'll be back out this afternoon around 2, hope those who are in the stand see some movement.

Walking in the middle of road I hear crunching in my woods10-15 yrds away........ then a low grunt..Great! 5:15a.m....well I kept walking but we were parallel in our routes and headed for the same place...when we got to our drive ...I heard the snort and she missed me by 2ft..running like the ground was disappearing under her...I quickly stepped toward where she came from and got the buck to bound off into our woods...then headed for the stand using the grunt tube...got there and of course deer walking under the stand...they winded me and trotted away...7 :15 a doe and fawn...and 7:45 the doe and fawn that I think winded me...in shooting range but they were skiddish and I want a buck...9 :30 am home wet gloves cold feet and hands...got pic off cam on way in....

Went with my wife this morning, her first time out this year due to kids. We saw 7+ deer, one real good doe but she didn't like something and turned the group off just out of range. We were cold from the wind but made it to 11am, even with a case of the sniffles I had a blast. Found fresh scrapes too.

I hope the deer remembered to turn back the clocks...

I always said the deer aren't turning back any clocks why should I ? I take off this week most years and leave my clocks alone, till I go back to work the 14th .