Muddy Treestands

With the coupons I had it was under $100. I have a cheap Gorilla hang on, and while it does the job, its very basic. The leveling system on this Muddy will open up alot of additional options for stand placement. I am getting to the point where I would rather have a few less stands than buy the cheapo stands and spend extra time and energy getting them to work. This last low end ladder stand put me over the edge.

What's wrong with the ladder? Those basic ones are so easy to set.

I like the Muddy stands, they are in that second-tier of stands as far as performance, but pretty comfy. Not a fan of their platforms much though - plus they suffer from some of the same issues with cheap stands in the cold...some can squeak. I use my LW for places a Muddy would go...it certainly ain't comfy...but it's quiet and portable to the Nth degree.

Its a cheap Dicks 2 man stand. The bottom platform will not contact the tree, giving you only 2 points of contact. The top bar and the safety bar. To make the stand solid, I had to put a 4x4 and a 2x4 between the tree and the bottom platform. The ladder also bowed from being put up and we had to bend it back into place. It will work now that its up, but I wont buy another one. Ill go with the Big Game ladders from here on out, but most of my stands are shifting over to hang ons, as the land owner doesnt like the "unsightlyness" of the ladder stands.

Im not paying LW stand prices lol.

Its a cheap Dicks 2 man stand. The bottom platform will not contact the tree, giving you only 2 points of contact. The top bar and the safety bar. To make the stand solid, I had to put a 4x4 and a 2x4 between the tree and the bottom platform. The ladder also bowed from being put up and we had to bend it back into place. It will work now that its up, but I wont buy another one. Ill go with the Big Game ladders from here on out, but most of my stands are shifting over to hang ons, as the land owner doesnt like the "unsightlyness" of the ladder stands.

Im not paying LW stand prices lol.

Its not supposed to!!!!! at least thats what i think..... ive never ever seen a ladder stand that the foot platform contacts the tree, if im wrong please correct me but my cousin has one like that and the foot platform dosent contact and it works fine.....

no offence ment.....

EDIT ok sorry i c what u mean i googled them and looked at some pictures i guess i was just assuming that all ladder stands are the same..... sorry

Edited by josephmrtn

I can't say the two man stands have been all that great. I have hunted out of a few. The basic ladders is what I use mostly. They are easy...the stabilizer bar and the ratchet. I don't use the stock one as I buy higher end straps that seem to last longer. Plus, I like the S hooks for the strap ends...none of that looping ends crap.

I love the portability of the hang on stands with climbing sticks. I have 5 or six of them that I use regularly. They are easy to put up and take down. I can usually have one up in less than 10 minutes. I have everything from Big game XL, Sniper vulcan, Sniper blackhawk, and one field and stream one. I like the Sniper vulcan the most. I was looking at the Muddy outfitter stand today and was wondering if it was worth the price. I don't usually hunt from trees that are crooked, but like the idea of having the leveling platform. WNY if you say it is worth it, I may buy one to try out. Better yet, my birthday is coming up...would make a nice present!

Silly me I though this was going to be mud from boots falling down from stands......

Something I have not had to deal with this year, but most years all my stands are muddy !

me too, seems like mud on the way in , then dries while I'm up there and rains chunks down below making a racket in the leaf litter.

the big game xl to me is the most comfortable hang on stand an enormous platform and foot rest with a big mesh seat i love it. ive been using them for a few years now last year i found a website that had them for $60 with free shipping i wish i wouldve bought more.

how much are the muddy stands im always looking to buy and try new hang on stands

the big game xl to me is the most comfortable hang on stand an enormous platform and foot rest with a big mesh seat i love it. ive been using them for a few years now last year i found a website that had them for $60 with free shipping i wish i wouldve bought more.

how much are the muddy stands im always looking to buy and try new hang on stands

Regular price for the Outfitter is $149

I love the portability of the hang on stands with climbing sticks. I have 5 or six of them that I use regularly. They are easy to put up and take down. I can usually have one up in less than 10 minutes. I have everything from Big game XL, Sniper vulcan, Sniper blackhawk, and one field and stream one. I like the Sniper vulcan the most. I was looking at the Muddy outfitter stand today and was wondering if it was worth the price. I don't usually hunt from trees that are crooked, but like the idea of having the leveling platform. WNY if you say it is worth it, I may buy one to try out. Better yet, my birthday is coming up...would make a nice present!

Ill let ya know once I get it into the tree and get some seat time in it. I have it sitting on my garage floor, and by tilting it all the way back, I can sit down with no tipping issues. It feels very comfortable that way, cant imagine it not being comfortable in the tree.

Arm and foot rests make a stand imo...for all day sits.

Shorter sits you can get by without them. Arm rests help me aviod headaches from neck/back tension in a stand all day.

I plan on mounting a heated recliner next season. If I don't see anything, at least I will be comfortable. Bringing my living room into theirs.

I have other 2 man stands, and every one of them connects at 2 points plus the safety bar on the ladder. Sorry, but I dont take my kid up in a spongy feeling stand thats held up by 1 ratchet strap. Taking my kids is the only reason I buy a 2 person stand.

yeah i no the feeling, for myself anyway (im only 15, no kids lol)...... personaly i throw away the rachet straps that come w some stands and use the 2 ton yellow ones, i started that after going out to take down a hang on stand this spring and on the spur of the moment steped on to it sorta "testing" it and the strap let loose fortunantly i had the sense to hold on before i stepped onto it and i just swung myself right back over to the limb that i had stood on before stepping onto the stand but it scared me good and i replaced all my straps....... i got a crate of the straps at a garage sale for around 5 bucks so ive got plenty to use

Edited by josephmrtn