Any rutting activity?

ATbuckhunter

Hi Fellow Archers,

I haven't been to my cabin since 6/7th. I'm headed down Friday night. I will be there from Nov.3rd-12th. And as you guys were saying, My Brother and I are thinking the exact same thing, this weekend should be absolute dynamite!!! The temps are like 39/29 no rain and very little wind. It will also be 3-4 days after the rutting moon. It should be a frenzy in the woods guys.

BE SAFE and SHOOT STRAIGHT!!!

Mike.

I hunt 8h. Today 8 deer 3 running around, did not get a good look at. 2 Bucks out 10 ;00 -11 00 ,one big 8 making scrapes. Nothing crazy but a good sign.

I'm off till nov 11th I think ? I'll hit it hard around the 5th or so .

They are on their feet now, seeking and chasing. The level of activity you see is going to depend on where you are. The last 2 days, I have seen mature bucks in the open during daylight, and 1 in the middle of a field guarding a doe. The next 5 or 6 days are going to be the best time to be in the woods.

They are on their feet now, seeking and chasing. The level of activity you see is going to depend on where you are. The last 2 days, I have seen mature bucks in the open during daylight, and 1 in the middle of a field guarding a doe. The next 5 or 6 days are going to be the best time to be in the woods.

I think WNY has an earlier rut then where i hunt below the Catskills.

I think WNY has an earlier rut then where i hunt below the Catskills.

The peak times will be slightly different depending on where you are, but the general timing is going to be pretty close. You dont start seeing a major difference in the timing of the rut until you start comparing the Northern areas of N America to the Southern areas.

The peak times will be slightly different depending on where you are, but the general timing is going to be pretty close. You dont start seeing a major difference in the timing of the rut until you start comparing the Northern areas of N America to the Southern areas.

I agree with that. The rut also has to do with the buck to doe ratio which for a lot of NY is heavily skewed towards the does.

• Like 1

Hunting in 3m. Went last night and today morning. Had a 3 year old spike chasin a doe last night, and a 9pt on his dialy routine (not chasing). In the morning i had the same 3 year old spike come straight into my rattling and then top 2 does 30 yards to the right. Big mature doe hanging around, that wasnt in heat yet. Going out saturday, and sunday all day at a property that has like a 9 to 1 doe to buck, but the few mature bucks that are there are absolute giants. Was talking to the UPS guy and he said an absolute MONSTER was run over in sugarloaf. He said the antlers were so wide and had so much mass. The antlers were lifting up the front of the car (wedged underneath) hope 2 c pictures soon

Tuesday saw a big mature buck backing down a 1.5. At 10 am literally 20 yds off 390 a little n of the thruway. Thats sign of something. Yesterday saw a 120" 2.5 make a scrape 40 yds off of 90, right in buffalo, at 1:30 pm. This am saw 2 big bucks out in Buffalo.

Went out scouting tonight and still seeing the same doe family group out together and not being really disturbed. Haven't seen a lot of action where I hunt yet.

Edited by Localqdm

Hunting in 3m. Went last night and today morning. Had a 3 year old spike chasin a doe last night, and a 9pt on his dialy routine (not chasing). In the morning i had the same 3 year old spike come straight into my rattling and then top 2 does 30 yards to the right. Big mature doe hanging around, that wasnt in heat yet. Going out saturday, and sunday all day at a property that has like a 9 to 1 doe to buck, but the few mature bucks that are there are absolute giants. Was talking to the UPS guy and he said an absolute MONSTER was run over in sugarloaf. He said the antlers were so wide and had so much mass. The antlers were lifting up the front of the car (wedged underneath) hope 2 c pictures soon

What the heck is a 3 yr old spike and how do you know when a spike is 3 yrs old..?? lol Anyway. in this neck of the woods, i've seen some decent bucks on their feet but the doe groups are still hangin together. Also the deer Gods know i start vaca on Sunday so they are keeping the big boys mellow til then. Everything seems to be right on schedule as far as i can tell.