OMG!!! Awesome Video Of The BIG Boy!!!

Cabin Fever

I'm trying!! :biggrin: Been out 37x and have logged 104hrs in the stand in the past 39 days!

Thats less than 3 hours per time out? I assume because of work? But what about weekends? You could be doing 10+ hour days in the woods. 4 weekends should be 80hours right there.

Come gun season, I'd just walk every inch of the property till I kicked him out of his bed. Then figure out how to spot n stalk this guy. Gotta be able to get a shot at him someway somehow.

That would bea huge mistake, I would hardly walk the ground at all knowing he is alive and resident, the less pressure the better chance he remains on the ground and you get a shot, hunt the permitmeter be patient and wait your chance otherwise you risk bumping him to neighboring ground and never seeing him. A mega buck like that will not tolerate much pressure at all.

• Like 1

That would bea huge mistake, I would hardly walk the ground at all knowing he is alive and resident, the less pressure the better chance he remains on the ground and you get a shot, hunt the permitmeter be patient and wait your chance otherwise you risk bumping him to neighboring ground and never seeing him. A mega buck like that will not tolerate much pressure at all.

I agree, I would try every way humanly possible to not disturb that buck if he's living in and around that property. A hot doe taking him else where is out of our hands tho but I would not pressure that buck. He is a monster, I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I shot a deer like that lol

Thats less than 3 hours per time out? I assume because of work? But what about weekends? You could be doing 10+ hour days in the woods. 4 weekends should be 80hours right there.

Well Biz, first off, I did not ask for your opinion or thoughts on my hunts. This post was to share a cool buck video. I have a wife, kids, each kid plays fall sports, full time job, a house, many other obligations, and a kid that was injured and had to have surgery. My wife can't take time off from her work, so 2 weeks of my time has been the primary caregiver for my son (who can't get out of bed or a recliner by himself). Hunting is my hobby, not my life. I get out as often as I am able to and if it's only for 2-4hrs each time, I am greatful for that.

Frankly, you can take your elitist attitude and go............ (Don't want to violate and forum rules here)

• Like 2

Well Biz, first off, I did not ask for your opinion or thoughts on my hunts. This post was to share a cool buck video. I have a wife, kids, each kid plays fall sports, full time job, a house, many other obligations, and a kid that was injured and had to have surgery. My wife can't take time off from her work, so 2 weeks of my time has been the primary caregiver for my son (who can't get out of bed or a recliner by himself). Hunting is my hobby, not my life. I get out as often as I am able to and if it's only for 2-4hrs each time, I am greatful for that.

Frankly, you can take your elitist attitude and go............ (Don't want to violate and forum rules here)

elitist attitude? I was just responding to you saying that you went out 37 times in 39 days. Maybe hunting a few full days as opposed to many 2-3hour stints might be better worth it? I don't know. Wasn't trying to offend you or anything. Good luck on getting this monster buck.

WOW amazing, best of luck with him Cabin Fever!!! In so far as the amount of time, come on. He has a life, he has obligations... Sounds to me like he is hunting as much as possible considering...

Again thanks for sharing such an amazing deer with us. He is what most of us dream about and will go through great lengths to get. Good luck with him, I hope you get your hands on him, he is a stud!!! I would be very interested in his age. (Any idea?) 5 1/2? DAM, I bet he's the king of those hills... Best of luck to your son, hope he is ok. God bless.

• 3 weeks later...